Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question Re: New ESB supply to house

• 04-02-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi Lads
    I hopefully will be buying a second hand nome in the next few weeks. The problem is the house has not been lived in for two years and requires extensive work. The ESB have removed their connection and wiring from the house but their pole is right outside the house so will require a new supply from them. Will they supply me with a temporary supply to facilitate building works and then when the house is complete and new re-wiring, plumbing ect done will they install a permanent meter.
    Regards,
    kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they don't do the temp supply to the meter cabinet anymore

you may get something at the perimeter of the site

the system was being abused ,so there was a clampdown(non-registered guys were finishing off the work)

davelerave

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Thanks for the reply. I thought that they may not connect any sort of supply until electrician certifies the work. I thought that maybe the people working on the site may have to use generators for power. I suppose it is just a case of contacting the ESB if and when I buy the house.Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

application and then a cert is the usual procedure.

afaik you can get the temporary on the 'perimeter' of site.

doubt many would bother for domestic

Advertisement