Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International transfer limit declared to Revenue??

Options
  • 04-02-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What is the € limit/threshold for international transfers above which the bank (AIB for me) has to automatically declare it to Revenue? Or do they even? I believe the bank will ask where the money came from (no issues there, family member loaned it to help with our first house purchase). I've heard conflicting statements about all this....

I only ask as I wonder if it's less hassle to just do, say, two seperate 10k transfers rather than one large 20k transfer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It does not matter, just transfer the lot.

I would recommend going into the bank with the details of where you want it transfered and explain what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

baldeagle wrote: »
    What is the € limit/threshold for international transfers above which the bank (AIB for me) has to automatically declare it to Revenue? Or do they even? I believe the bank will ask where the money came from (no issues there, family member loaned it to help with our first house purchase). I've heard conflicting statements about all this....

I only ask as I wonder if it's less hassle to just do, say, two seperate 10k transfers rather than one large 20k transfer.

Won't make a difference, the compliance officers in the bank would amalgamate the transfers for reporting purposes...

Advertisement