Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

NotorietyH wrote: »

Also I didn't realise until last night that you could kill people with the defib! Happened to me when I ran inbetween an enemy trying to revive his mate!

Yes good craic ..also use the repair tool (engineer) to kill people , it feels like your playing the evil dentist ! :D

RAIN wrote: »

In other news, its great to see loads of people are using the spotting button now! I love MAG and its not going anywhere but personally I think this game out does every online shooter released in the last 12months. For someone who likes objective based shooting something like this is heaven.

Love it love it love it.
    Really pisses me off to see an M-Com falling and 5 mw2 sniper noobs just sitting back 100 meters away from the station. Get to the station ya fools!!

Call it foresight .....;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64563293&postcount=52

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

tonydude wrote: »
    was playing last night and these two guys were in control of the apache heli, he had 3 gold stars with it and it defo showed he owed the battlefield, god knows how many times i tried to rpg his ass and all he would do is avoid it.

I had the same experience. The guy just stayed above our spawn point and destroyed everything that appeared instantly. Nobody was trying to take him out either so he just stayed there almost the whole game. Gonna concentrate on ranking up my engineer class until I get some of the better RPGs.

franman wrote: »
    I had the same experience. The guy just stayed above our spawn point and destroyed everything that appeared instantly. Nobody was trying to take him out either so he just stayed there almost the whole game. Gonna concentrate on ranking up my engineer class until I get some of the better RPGs.

Tracer dart his ass 1st , then all RPG will seek him out , but yes rank up and unlock the javelin ...

JAVELIN+TRACER DART = Fook his 3 stars , he is coming down !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

mixednuts wrote: »
    Tracer dart his ass 1st , then all RPG will seek him out , but yes rank up and unlock the javelin ...

and if that fails just do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Didn't get the LE version so I don't have the tracer dart. Think it unlocks at Lv 17 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

RAIN wrote: »
    and if that fails just do this

Happened to me last night in the blackhawk, fair play to the bloke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

is it possible to kill a person by driving the uav into someone, u know kill em with the blades lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

is it possible to kill a person by driving the uav into someone, u know kill em with the blades lol

Indeed it is. Most annoying thing in the game :P

Sure can ...some nice flying here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-xxkCGRY0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Man i'm seriously loving this game at the moment.

Had the best laugh ever last night, was playing Rush on the islands map where attackers spawn with black-hawks and boats (can never remember the name of it) and we had them pushed back to the last set of M-com stations.

We were doing pretty well pushing their team back but 2 guys on the other team in the same clan were really standing out, 1 of them was an amazing pilot I have to say and when they got pushed back to the last m-coms straight away both of them were out in the hind and man they were really messin us up.

Anyway after what seemed like 5 minutes trying to hit the ****er with a tracer I managed to get him from abou 70 metres with a lucky shot and even with the tracer he managed to avoid my first rpg but not the 2nd.

As soon as the Hind was down I jumped in the UAV and flew to their spawn. Straight away I seen the 2 of them sittin beside the H pad waiting for it to spawn so I waited paitently aswell, as soon as it spawned I unleashed a missle and boom hind + double kill from the 2 of them. Nice that will surely annoy them, so I change position with the UAV and again the come back but i'm so high up they can't spot me. So we wait again and yep they were stupid enough to do the same, as soon as it spawned they jump in and boom bye bye hind.

Anyway I repeat this twice again changing position constantly and at this stage man they are pissed, both of them are shooting madly at me so I get a low altitude and hide behind the hanger but they still chase me so about 3 minues of this insued with me blowing up the hind again while they were chasing me. So now they are both recon tryin to literally snipe me out of the air with both of them spotting on the H pad, so they manage to hit me and throw me off a bit, the hind spawns and they manage to jump in but im at a really bad angle for a shot so there was only 1 thing for it, I throttle the UAV full speed into the top of the hind, it doesent explode but it does push it off course and both of them go straight into the side of a mountain. Literally straight after our team took the last M-com so they never even got into the air, I can only imagine how pissed off these guys were!!! Epic game!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I Sniped a Chopper pilot today when he was rising at full speed from across water at a big distance... I got Kill50 Headshot10 +99 Sniper Skill... So satisfying!

I havnt got higher, is it possible?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Man i'm seriously loving this game at the moment.

Had the best laugh ever last night, was playing Rush on the islands map where attackers spawn with black-hawks and boats (can never remember the name of it) and we had them pushed back to the last set of M-com stations.

We were doing pretty well pushing their team back but 2 guys on the other team in the same clan were really standing out, 1 of them was an amazing pilot I have to say and when they got pushed back to the last m-coms straight away both of them were out in the hind and man they were really messin us up.

Anyway after what seemed like 5 minutes trying to hit the ****er with a tracer I managed to get him from abou 70 metres with a lucky shot and even with the tracer he managed to avoid my first rpg but not the 2nd.

As soon as the Hind was down I jumped in the UAV and flew to their spawn. Straight away I seen the 2 of them sittin beside the H pad waiting for it to spawn so I waited paitently aswell, as soon as it spawned I unleashed a missle and boom hind + double kill from the 2 of them. Nice that will surely annoy them, so I change position with the UAV and again the come back but i'm so high up they can't spot me. So we wait again and yep they were stupid enough to do the same, as soon as it spawned they jump in and boom bye bye hind.

Anyway I repeat this twice again changing position constantly and at this stage man they are pissed, both of them are shooting madly at me so I get a low altitude and hide behind the hanger but they still chase me so about 3 minues of this insued with me blowing up the hind again while they were chasing me. So now they are both recon tryin to literally snipe me out of the air with both of them spotting on the H pad, so they manage to hit me and throw me off a bit, the hind spawns and they manage to jump in but im at a really bad angle for a shot so there was only 1 thing for it, I throttle the UAV full speed into the top of the hind, it doesent explode but it does push it off course and both of them go straight into the side of a mountain. Literally straight after our team took the last M-com so they never even got into the air, I can only imagine how pissed off these guys were!!! Epic game!! :D

Dude you should write a book about that :pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    I throttle the UAV full speed into the top of the hind, it doesent explode but it does push it off course and both of them go straight into the side of a mountain.

Great idea ...Thats what I love about this game , it has so many dimensions and options , if one tactic is not working then you have a multitude of other options .
    But on the flip side is the McRandys that are sometimes on your team , they keep running the same course and getting slaughtered using up spawn tickets .
    Also... for instance last night when playing I was in a T60 for about 10mins doing really well and lots of kills , it was obvious for all that I was clearing up , took a few shells and got heavy damage , I must have counted about 5 engineers running past and getting cut down , not one stopped for a repair to my Tank ?? also I am fed up when i get killed beside a Medic that they have no idea nor bother to revive ?

In saying all that , this game is going to mature so well when more players gain experience and skill .
    Unlike the likes of MW2 that is tired, boring and frustrating due to cheating fooooookkkkkssss .
    Hopefully DICE have great DLC over the next months as the future looks good for BFBC :)

M.

Great idea ...Thats what I love about this game , it has so many dimensions and options , if one tactic is not working then you have a multitude of other options .
    But on the flip side is the McRandys that are on sometimes on your team , they keep running the same course and getting slaughter and using up spawn tickets .
    Also... for instance last night when playing I was in a T60 for about 10mins doing really well and lots of kills , it was obvious for all that I was clearing up , took a few shells and got heavy damage , I must have counted about 5 engineers running past and getting cut down , not one stopped for a repair to my Tank ?? also I am fed up when i get killed beside a Medic that they have no idea nor bother to revive ?

In saying all that , this game is going to mature so well when more players gain experience and skill .
    Unlike the likes of MW2 that is tired, boring and frustrating due to cheating fooooookkkkkssss .
    Hopefully DICE have great DLC over the next months as the future looks good for BFBC :)

M.

Judging my the way they supported BC1 I think it will. Some of the DLC maps they released for BC1 were the best ones to play!

Anyone fancy a game? Add me PSN: Fly13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

please post psn here so every 1 can ad you :
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

hmm.. not really a map pack at all, is it! serves more as a reminder of the map limitations of the different game modes. however i tend to be a sufferer of mapathy and new maps WILL come - probably faster than the half a year the MW2 ones take.. of which two are old maps anyhow. non too encouraging. must be a pain to make > test, else you'd think they'd be more and more often. at least BF gives online trophies.. never did find out why CODs don't

- i've noticed how destructive objects / buildings can make a crate easy to defend by clearing the way to snipe from distance. so all these destructive environs come at a price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Defending either of the snow maps I try to get on a stationary MG and blow down as many trees as I can, that way you can see them coming over the hills. Works very well from B on I think the second set of bases in port valdez. Well it works for a while till someone shoots a grenade in my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i think rush mode is gonna become redundant once everyone wises up to it and theres 10+ snipers from distance focused on defending a completely exposed crate. how many rockets/ mortars does it take to blow one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i think rush mode is gonna become redundant once everyone wises up to it and theres 10+ snipers from distance focused on defending a completely exposed crate. how many rockets/ mortars does it take to blow one up?

It didn't take me long (about 5 or 6) to blow one to bits with the UAV strike calls... but it could have been somewhat damaged already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

i got into an apache with one of those ace pilots and i gotta say u see the points going up big time, we gunned down every heli that went after us and all sorts of ground vehicles and if we were damaged he'd fly to our base and wipe out the repair tool and fix it, how can they fly so well can you practice in the story mode?

how can they fly so well can you practice in the story mode?

At the weekend someone commented that I'm quite a good pilot. Only thing I can put it down to is having being used to the choppers in BF2 these ones are a doddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

im having a real problem connecting to bfbc2 servers , happening to anyone else , if its just me im reallt ticked off , i can play any other online game no problem rememeber having similar problems with bfbc1 , though i connected successfully before to bfbc2 beta don know why i cant in full game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

they just went down on me..
    Looking at stats it seems I may have lost all of tonites progress :(
    Hopefully when I reconnect again it'll be restored.

Let it be known that I just stabbed someone... through a door.

I got a Chopper Pilot with a headshot and got 99 Marksman bonus...

Then later on I took another shot at a Chopper and managed to Kill the Pilot and another guy on the minigun behind him... double kill... it was awesome!

RikD wrote: »
    they just went down on me..
    Looking at stats it seems I may have lost all of tonites progress :(
    Hopefully when I reconnect again it'll be restored.

Tell me about it ...:mad:

I had 3250 XP points (straight up no bonus points) & my mate had 5500 XP then the server went down on the last stage of ARICA HARBOUR :mad::mad::mad:

We were raping and lost all XP ...wouldnt mind it was the second time to happen , I have unlocked "EXPERT BATTLEFIELD KNOWLEDGE" 3 times :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best moment in game so far!!

I'm gunner on a chopper over the sea coming towards the beach (dunno the name of the level) and we get blown out of the sky. I land in the water and swim for my life towards shore. The enemy has spotted me and runs to the shore line. He just stands there and watches me. I don't have my feet yet so can't aim a gun and I just freeze waiting for death. Then he raises he's gun to his face to make sure he doesn't miss and then....BAAAAAM One of my snipers (i think) takes him out, his body actually lifted off the ground and he flew sideways. Like somethin out of a film! love this game

Advertisement