Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Best moment in game so far!!

I'm gunner on a chopper over the sea coming towards the beach (dunno the name of the level) and we get blown out of the sky. I land in the water and swim for my life towards shore. The enemy has spotted me and runs to the shore line. He just stands there and watches me. I don't have my feet yet so can't aim a gun and I just freeze waiting for death. Then he raises he's gun to his face to make sure he doesn't miss and then....BAAAAAM One of my snipers (i think) takes him out, his body actually lifted off the ground and he flew sideways. Like somethin out of a film! love this game

Flying bodies and Ragdoll , you cant beat it ..

I was playing Panama Canal and when i came up to BRAVO i spotted a camper hiding behind a Crate only for 2 of his mates to spawn on him.
    I popped my head up, threw a grenade and it rolled right in the middle of them .BOOOOM , 3 bodies in 3 different directions , it was class looking .
    This game never fails to let me down with little nuggets of Joy .:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, i still haven't had a Battlefield moment yet.. It better be epic when it happens! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Niiice...

I played it for the first time last night. Woke up for work this morning and was still half asleep when a truck stopped right outside my gaff. In my weary state I thought it was a tank and was getting v worried!

colsku wrote: »
    Niiice...

I played it for the first time last night. Woke up for work this morning and was still half asleep when a truck stopped right outside my gaff. In my weary state I thought it was a tank and was getting v worried!

LOL , I had similar ..was driving home from work last night and in the air was a Heli in the distance , it looking like a UAV , I nearly reached for my Sniper Rifle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finally got on tonight...at last. Having only had two games prior

And the most brilliant bit of teamwork ever occurred.

4 of us were on quad bikes, I was a passenger on one of em and laser tagged a tank as we flew past him. The passenger on the other quad was a mechanic and obviously had a rpg, and he blew the tank to kingdom come:D

I have also tried my hand at flying the helicopters...Black Hawk Down anyone:o

I'm much better with a UAV. Took down 16 enemies in one round before I lost my connection:( Even managed to mow one down for the roadkill with a heli trophy:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

mixednuts wrote: »
    LOL , I had similar ..was driving home from work last night and in the air was a Heli in the distance , it looking like a UAV , I nearly reached for my Sniper Rifle :pac:

thats nothing man i went to bed about 2:30 last nite after been practicing w/ the apaches, woke up at 4am phut-phut-phut-phut right over my bed! copper chopper hovering tryin to fish some skangsters ourra Pearse pk.. copters drop kids off right outside my velux to the children's hospital on a regular basis but this was at an odd and coincidal time. i was PRONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

its highly enjoyable when playing recon and getting a kill from an all mercyfull distance..

i remember one kill dipped over a brow of a hill as an enemy sniper readjusted himself and he took it in the head :D

ive unlocked all the recon sniper rifles but the good ol M25 is my fav as it packs the best punch i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I live near a small airfield and a bi-plane was flying towards us. I was fully expecting a hail of bombs to be dropped out of the sky. Class stories lads

BArra wrote: »
    its highly enjoyable when playing recon and getting a kill from an all mercyfull distance..

i remember one kill dipped over a brow of a hill as an enemy sniper readjusted himself and he took it in the head :D

ive unlocked all the recon sniper rifles but the good ol M25 is my fav as it packs the best punch i feel

I HATE snipers.... windy boys:P

I HATE snipers.... windy boys:P

Windy hey ??? ... Six Tank kills ( all C4) non of this RPG from distance crap , straight up get stuck in :p
    walk- scope - shoot- kill , walk-scope-shoot -kill .... Windy smindy .

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »
    Windy hey ??? ... Six Tank kills ( all C4) non of this RPG from distance crap , straight up get stuck in :p
    walk- scope - shoot- kill , walk-scope-shoot -kill .... Windy smindy .

Your a rare breed. About 9/10 recon class players think they're snipers.

Your a rare breed. About 9/10 recon class players think they're snipers.

100% true .

Just cause you get a sniper rifle and camo don't mean you can sit tight when a Tank passes or bomb set and not defuse , also Snipers that don't spot are not worth a crap .
    A good Recon class is such a great bonus , especially in heavy wooded maps.

"I got 7 headshot kills ... I'm a Sniper , Im a Sniper ":mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

I was spotting all the time when in recon class, but it seemed like nobody else was... When spotting do your whole team see the red marks over the enemy or is spotting limited to your squad members? If it's limited to the squad it highlights the need to stick together!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I tried the recon for the first few hours and decided to level up my other classes first... as I knew I would prefer the recon class... then I've gone back to recon and have it nearly fully leveled, I have the automatic spotter on my scope, and Im constantly mortaring areas which are "Enemy rich environments".

When I do well on a map as recon I usually score 20+ kills and I come in the top 3 or 4... I will admit it does turn into a bit of a snipe fest when the other team has snipers, but I figure If i keep their snipers off the field they cant kill our guys. More often then not though I'm covering the bomb sites...

Once I have this leveled Il go back to leveling the other classes fully...

"Dont hate the recon, hate the game..." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

does anyone want to be on a squad? ill be online for a few hours add me on PSN: IRL_CRACKSHOT

if anyone wants to, just give your PSN ID here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

mayotobo
    iv got a thread open you can pop your psn down on it and theres a few on there you can add if your lookin for a good squad
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486

good luck!

antocann wrote: »
    mayotobo
    iv got a thread open you can pop your psn down on it and theres a few on there you can add if your lookin for a good squad
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486

good luck!

Or we can continue to use this one like we have been for the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

yeh but most peopleare talkin about pc version and not leaving there psn its also makin it a bit untidy so the psnthreadi opend is there for who ever wants to use it , only to drop your psn on it and keep discussion about game onthe megathread

oakey doke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

You can add one more boardsie to the list of people that has a set of my dogtags :P WaryValidator got me earlier which led me to letting out a scream of "No! Not another one!" Was a good match though.

Tried playing as Recon class for the first time properly on that Isla Whatchawhozit map. Usually I'm not great with those types of classes but I was cleaning up. First two shots from a distance, aimed a bit over their head and boom two headshots. Was very satisfying. Plus I love spotting people so it worked out alright. Engineer is becoming my favourite class though I think. Love taking on tanks with my rocket launcher and if I can get close enough my repair tool which does massive damage to tanks. Had a few epic games there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Played in an amazing squad last night for hrs, unlocked the auto spotting scope on the recon class finaly. I play mostly as engineer though repairing and blowing up tanks plus I find the weapons the best Scar etc.

If you get on a decent team it's very hard to stop playing made even worse by how each game just leads right into the next!

Hands down best weapon in the game is the M4, second last unlock with assault. Ridiculously accurate and very powerful, been getting alot of headshots since i started using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Hands down best weapon in the game is the M4, second last unlock with assault. Ridiculously accurate and very powerful, been getting alot of headshots since i started using it.

Yeah I was just looking through the various weapons and that looks like the bee knees alright. Working towards unlocking that now.

its actually the hk416/M416 more accurate and reliable than the M4.

shes a bute of a yoke

I'm having a brilliant time as recon and engineers this weekend. I got a few incredible long range shots as recon in the panama canal map. Great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

While I may be cannon fodder when I'm running around, I think tonight I found my calling in this game...UAV pilot. In one game tonight I had 16 kills with a UAV alone and only had 2 UAVs shot down.

Am using the assault class more than the others but I'm jumping in and out of using the recon class. I'm probably one of the most active recon people in the game. I don't like sitting back and waiting at all at all. I'm usually on the front line spotting for people but rarely getting kills. Need to work on my accuracy :P

Really getting into Hardcore mode ... Try it .

No minmap.
    No killcam.
    Less health.
    No ammo/bullet or damage indicator.
    No health regeneration.

Bullets and weapons cause more damage.

Good craic and more satisfying when you win.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    While I may be cannon fodder when I'm running around, I think tonight I found my calling in this game...UAV pilot. In one game tonight I had 16 kills with a UAV alone and only had 2 UAVs shot down.

Am using the assault class more than the others but I'm jumping in and out of using the recon class. I'm probably one of the most active recon people in the game. I don't like sitting back and waiting at all at all. I'm usually on the front line spotting for people but rarely getting kills. Need to work on my accuracy :P

Good UAV pilot is s big plus , if you have a mic then get a team mate to repair the UAV if damaged.
    I played the whole game in a UAV from the 1st phase , getting repaired really helped.
    When the defending team were on their last legs I jumped off the UAV , it was to far to run so I laid out a C4 pack on the ground and blew myself up , respawned near a squad member who was nearer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Bought it yesterday via super saver delivery on amazon.co.uk, how long should I be waiting until it gets to me?

• Advertisement

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Bought it yesterday via super saver delivery on amazon.co.uk, how long should I be waiting until it gets to me?

Most of my amazon deliveries take about 3 working days , you should be flying Helis , blowing up Tanks and generally running and gunning bastardy by Wednesday ;)

Advertisement