Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I was undecided if I preferred playing as a Russian or a American ?
    This has helped me make up my mind:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mixednuts wrote: »
    Good UAV pilot is s big plus , if you have a mic then get a team mate to repair the UAV if damaged.
    I played the whole game in a UAV from the 1st phase , getting repaired really helped.
    When the defending team were on their last legs I jumped off the UAV , it was to far to run so I laid out a C4 pack on the ground and blew myself up , respawned near a squad member who was nearer.:D

I was the same. Jumped on the UAV at the first phase phase of attacking in Arica Harbour map and when it was shot down I was miles away from the final push so I just jumped off a guard tower to my doom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just trying out the recon class now, it's ridiculous how bad i am :P

Here is a little tip I have just picked up from a friend of mine.

He was having a bit of a black hawk down moment getting destroyed by the opposition, but he had an engineer in the chopper who repaired it from the inside:eek:

Apparently there is a spot inside the chopper you have to find before it repairs it, unlike the tank where you can aim at anything.

And also from something I learned from a Finnish dude last night that if you're using a vehicle upgrade, be it armour or weapon, then it combines with that of another player. So if you're in a tank with upgraded armour and he has the additional weapon upgrade, you have a tank with upgraded armour and a second weapon.

Not sure if that means that if both of ye have the armour upgrade it doubles the strength

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

You still managed to grab my dogtags :eek:

• Advertisement

You seemed to do pretty well in the games with myself and Notoriety H today

I must charge my mic. I felt quite left out with you two talking away to eachother:(

Althought at one point I'm glad I didn't have my mic cos during the match before the one you quit when we were attacking, I managed to snipe a person by curving the shot over a hill. Giggled and screamed like a school girl:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Y
    Althought at one point I'm glad I didn't have my mic cos during the match before the one you quit when we were attacking, I managed to snipe a person by curving the shot over a hill. Giggled and screamed like a school girl:o

Lol like I did when I killed those two guys with one shot! I wish headsets would automatically mute me when my voice reaches a certain pitch!

happened me yesterday too when I got the Airkill trophy after ploughing into someone with the UAV.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Lol like I did when I killed those two guys with one shot! I wish headsets would automatically mute me when my voice reaches a certain pitch!

happened me yesterday too when I got the Airkill trophy after ploughing into someone with the UAV.

Ha, that would be very handy if it would mute at a certain pitch. And yes you did get very excited about that double kill:p

UAV is very handy for doing roadkills. Haven't got many, even though I keep trying. Just end up blowing the cråp out of them with the rocket. Had a great shot today when two guys in a damaged tank were being repaired by 3 engineers. Took all of them out:D

I'm starting to get the hang of recon now. Getting fantastic shots when guys are sprinting across the screen. Bullet drop is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i've got this fear other new 'map packs' for this will again be the unlocking of game modes for other maps. i really don't think it should be touted as such but releasing this upcoming 'map pack' on march 30th same day as the MW2 one which at least features a new map or 2 is kinda cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Absolutely awful ending to the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i've got this fear other new 'map packs' for this will again be the unlocking of game modes for other maps. i really don't think it should be touted as such but releasing this upcoming 'map pack' on march 30th same day as the MW2 one which at least features a new map or 2 is kinda cheap

Yes but the difference is MW2's map pack will cost 1200 microsoft points (won't be out on PS3 for a while) and BC2's are free. It's something they've been doing for a while, trying to one-up MW2. When it was revealed MW2 wouldn't have dedicated servers for the PC, DICE announced that BC2 would. It's trying to take attention away from MW2 and I know which I'll be playing that day.

I agree though, the next time they try it they should really have something a bit more substantial than different modes on maps we have already. If they announced even one brand new map for free it would really stick it to MW2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i wonder how long it takes a company to fix a in game store like i taught they were brainy , never see the point of in games store not like the psn store full of viruses konami done the same with metal gear online i swear somtimes people do these things to annoy me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Absolutely awful ending to the campaign.

Spoilers dude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

flynner13 wrote: »
    Spoilers dude...

I didn't say what the ending was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

In a game atm and there's this level 33 who can kill pople 50 yards away with a shotgun.. unbalanced much?

f- that man.. am only at level 12. not played it since friday

f- that man.. am only at level 12. not played it since friday

I'm only level 5. I'd get destroyed by that guy:eek:

Might just stick to recon and my magic bending over the hill bullets:p

I'm only level 5. I'd get destroyed by that guy:eek:

yeah uhm.. i've had a few scoped kills myself that were in reality misses. must be a fractional lag issue, all i can offer. if only MW2 maps weren't linear n could manage full vehicle interaction. n also nabbed a good deal other ideas from BF :pac: .. it'd put this to bed, lets be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

yeah uhm.. i've had a few scoped kills myself that were in reality misses. must be a fractional lag issue, all i can offer. if only MW2 maps weren't linear n could manage full vehicle interaction. n also nabbed a good deal other ideas from BF :pac: .. it'd put this to bed, lets be honest.

Bullets don't travel straight because they implemented gravity...

It's a completely different game to MW2, much larger scale, much more tactical.

• Advertisement

Yup. Bullet drop is a fantastic addition. It means that a long range kill requires skill instead of point and shoot

well yeah. guess what i'm saying is for MW2 to adopt everything BC2 has.. but retain the slick smoothness n lack of jaggies.
    i know what one can't do the other compensates for n vice versa. just dreaming

-bullet drop?! ok.. what about the shots that shoulda been wide.. bullet strafe?! heh

-bullet drop?! ok.. what about the shots that shoulda been wide.. bullet strafe?! heh

Don't think theres a name for someone thats stupid enough to walk/run into the path of a bullet:p

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I do love taking shots from across the map as scout, aim above thier head to see the round land on a head shot, just class and has always been one of my favourate traits of BF.

Don't think theres a name for someone thats stupid enough to walk/run into the path of a bullet:p

their PSN usernames don't count then? but the bullet would have been just wide of their head. just wondering how it landed shouldn't there be a wind gauge? i guess ultimately what i wanna know is...

are there bend 'round the hill bullets?

their PSN usernames don't count then? but the bullet would have been just wide of their head. just wondering how it landed shouldn't there be a wind gauge? i guess ultimately what i wanna know is...

are there bend 'round the hill bullets?

Well no, but I was crouched on one side of a hill, below the crest and aimed and fired at a "spotted" players mark well above his head and got him

curious about these issues. i suppose the velocity / trajectory / accuracy of certain sniper rifles is spot-on but some would fall short alright.. i do hope the guy was well beyond said hill though

-are there rifles compatible with tracer darts?!! nevermind.. this bullet drop is a nice touch of reality then but i'd be peeved if i aimed for the toe and struck muck! who aims for the toe anyhow

-any marky wahlbergs around to pick bones over the trajectory of the different rifle types then?! woo-ha.

curious about these issues. i suppose the velocity / trajectory / accuracy of certain sniper rifles is spot-on but some would fall short alright.. i do hope the guy was well beyond said hill though

-are there rifles compatible with tracer darts?!! nevermind.. this bullet drop is a nice touch of reality then but i'd be peeved if i aimed for the toe and struck muck! who aims for the toe anyhow

Yeah he was good bit away. It was on the isla inocentes map. The hill in the middle and the guy was by the AA gun defending. I thought it was cool:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

hey guys has any one logged into bad company 2 in the last few min an lost all there stats and unlocked guns mine are all gone but the rank is still there whats goin on :mad:

Advertisement