Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

hey guys has any one logged into bad company 2 in the last few min an lost all there stats and unlocked guns mine are all gone but the rank is still there whats goin on any one else haveing this issue i was rank 36 it took me ages to unlock all them guns and now they've just vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

will get back on later for a few rounds. was trying to level up on medic class so all on par but recon is inevitable at some point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The good lady is working nights, tha wains are tucked in... so this is a call for anybody that's on tonight that wants to squad up for a few rounds, preferably with a mic.

Add me (eireog74) and I'll throw out the squad invites sometime between 10 and 10.30.

That is all!:D

its back

any one else pissed off with the amount a little noobs sitin there snipeing its like mw2 wit the camper problem you span and within seconds some one picks u off wit a sniper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

James74 wrote: »
    The good lady is working nights, tha wains are tucked in... so this is a call for anybody that's on tonight that wants to squad up for a few rounds, preferably with a mic.

Add me (eireog74) and I'll throw out the squad invites sometime between 10 and 10.30.

That is all!:D

Ah ha lol, so it was you who was sniping me the second I stuck my head out earlier! :P

some amount a snipers in the game its unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

anto kerr wrote: »

Yeah but most don't realise you have to defend as well as attack and are happy enough to hide in their shrub for the whole game.

Drives me insane that the mcom is falling and they still just sit and wait without even trying to get back.

I'm a strange type of recon player because I'm not one one to sit miles away for the whole attack. I like to sit for two mins, spot a load of guys, fire a few shots and move on. I'm never in the same spot for more than 2/3 minutes. You get found out very easily otherwise

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah but most don't realise you have to defend as well as attack and are happy enough to hide in their shrub for the whole game.

Drives me insane that the mcom is falling and they still just sit and wait without even trying to get back.

I'm a strange type of recon player because I'm not one one to sit miles away for the whole attack. I like to sit for two mins, spot a load of guys, fire a few shots and move on. I'm never in the same spot for more than 2/3 minutes. You get found out very easily otherwise

thats the exact same as me shoot an run snipe a little then move but they sit an wait an pick u off as soon you spawn thats one the most annoyin parts i dunno how they have the patience to sit in the one spot for the hole game ignorein the com stations

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Ah ha lol, so it was you who was sniping me the second I stuck my head out earlier! :P
    Big thanks to Notoriety and Wolf, great craic, liked the 3-of-us v the entire enemy team.:cool:

Some folks don't realise the sniper/recon can be one of the best ways to get a mcom. Mortor the building, go plant, retreat and cover for defusers. Likewise, if your defending an exposed mcom from a sneaky spot its nearly impossible for the enemy team to plant...unless they're well organised.

One of the best attacking recon tactics I've seen used is get the recon player in near the enemy base, keep out of sight, and use the recon player exclusively as a sneaky spawn point and spoter for the rest of the squad to assault. Works well if everybody uses mics and spawns at the same time for a coordinated attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yep. You should see the amount of knife kills I have as a result. This is why I can't stay too mad at MW2 ;)

Also, various threads merged into mega-thread for consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Yep. You should see the amount of knife kills I have as a result. This is why I can't stay too mad at MW2 ;)

Also, various threads merged into mega-thread for consistency.

Since when is been Recon Class Snipers and Snipers only ? .
    I really don't mind either , my dog tag collection is massive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

I am guilty of enjoying the recon mode time to time, and at times if I find the perfect spot, I would stick around for a good while. For instance, I was on the Port Valdez (sp? the map that was on the demo), I was defending as Assault and Engineer, but I was getting butchered every other second. Finally at the third base, I went in recon mode and found this brilliant place to snipe from, and I ended up spotting and popping at least a dozen or may be more! I know I wasn't there to disarm the station, but I was covering those who were on the ground by taking out enemies getting near the station. Well, as expected, someone did knife me at the end as you would expect for camping like that, but I enjoyed it all the same..!

PS: Recon is also handy to take out UAVs from the sky....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I Recon from time to time but it is hilarious finding a nest of snipers on a hill and spotting them. Or even better flanking them and stabbing them one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does anyone know of tutorial videos for handling vehicles? Still trying to get the hang of the chopper. I started a game the other day and saw a guy on a quad bike. I hopped on the back and he drove us straight off a cliff. After a swim and and a climb, I was back at base camp to see a chopper take off with 4 guys. Good thing I mised it cuz the pilot was swinging it around the sky like a lassoooo, crashing it and killing everyone inside plus half the rest of the team who were trying to get out of his way!

I would have loved to been on the enemy team watching all of this.

positron wrote: »
    I am guilty of enjoying the recon mode time to time, and at times if I find the perfect spot, I would stick around for a good while. For instance, I was on the Port Valdez (sp? the map that was on the demo), I was defending as Assault and Engineer, but I was getting butchered every other second. Finally at the third base, I went in recon mode and found this brilliant place to snipe from, and I ended up spotting and popping at least a dozen or may be more! I know I wasn't there to disarm the station, but I was covering those who were on the ground by taking out enemies getting near the station. Well, as expected, someone did knife me at the end as you would expect for camping like that, but I enjoyed it all the same..!

PS: Recon is also handy to take out UAVs from the sky....

Spotting is a priceless addition and great help to your team ,so your not just Snipping your doing Reconnaissance (hence the name Recon :rolleyes:) , just wish others would follow suit .
    Also try get close with C4 on Tanks and vehicles , its alot easier than you think and really satisfying when you blow the bejaysus out of a Tank.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of tutorial videos for handling vehicles? Still trying to get the hang of the chopper. I started a game the other day and saw a guy on a quad bike. I hopped on the back and he drove us straight off a cliff. After a swim and and a climb, I was back at base camp to see a chopper take off with 4 guys. Good thing I mised it cuz the pilot was swinging it around the sky like a lassoooo, crashing it and killing everyone inside plus half the rest of the team who were trying to get out of his way!

I would have loved to been on the enemy team watching all of this.

Your right analog stick is your friend , so just use R2 to go up , L2 to go down , and right analog to direct and circle .
    Left analog is for Yaw which is like sway from side to side , this the mistake most people make and crash , I use it very seldomly .

Best tip I can give you is this ......
    Dont fly the Heli from the seat position (looking out the windscreen) use the back directional button and fly the Heli from the external view (rear camera from behind) its alot easier , you also can keep it steadier for the gunners and its a gift to land for repairs when in the view .

mixednuts wrote: »
    Best tip I can give you is this ......
    Dont fly the Heli from the seat position (looking out the windscreen) use the back directional button and fly the Heli from the external view (rear camera from behind) its alot easier , you also can keep it steadier for the gunners and its a gift to land for repairs when in the view .

OMG I didn't even know you could change views in vehicles!!!! Thanks man!!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    OMG I didn't even know you could change views in vehicles!!!! Thanks man!!!!

I dont use it for all Vehicles , just Helis ...I find it easier to use the default position in Tanks and others.

Enjoy ..let me know how you get on , you will be mopping up before you now it .

Cool man, will do althought I don't think James/eireOG will ever get in a chopper with me again!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

James74 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Notoriety and Wolf, great craic, liked the 3-of-us v the entire enemy team.:cool:

Some folks don't realise the sniper/recon can be one of the best ways to get a mcom. Mortor the building, go plant, retreat and cover for defusers. Likewise, if your defending an exposed mcom from a sneaky spot its nearly impossible for the enemy team to plant...unless they're well organised.

One of the best attacking recon tactics I've seen used is get the recon player in near the enemy base, keep out of sight, and use the recon player exclusively as a sneaky spawn point and spoter for the rest of the squad to assault. Works well if everybody uses mics and spawns at the same time for a coordinated attack.

Yep last nigt we had some very good games. There was the 3 of us and one randomer, all of us recon on that desert conquest map with the broken ship in the middle (I'm not much for names :P), we pretty much dominated the flag closest to the eemy base for a good while just spotting and picking people off. Also took down my first helicopter pilot with a sniper, best feeling i've had yet in BC2 :D

Yep last nigt we had some very good games. There was the 3 of us and one randomer, all of us recon on that desert conquest map with the broken ship in the middle (I'm not much for names :P), we pretty much dominated the flag closest to the eemy base for a good while just spotting and picking people off. Also took down my first helicopter pilot with a sniper, best feeling i've had yet in BC2 :D

I must join you's some evening

Sorry to whoever sent me an invite last night, I was in a party with loads of guys from work and it would have been rude to leave :p plus we were kicking ass! Will join up with you guys soon, game is ten times better when playing with none idiots.

That was a good match alright. Was great, whenever I missed a target I'd see them get hit from another angle and drop. There really is something so satisfying about the bullet drop and the delay. It's the first game I've been anyway capable of using a sniper rifle. I don't know why. Maybe because people don't move around as much, or at least there's always someone standing still somewhere! Can't wait to get the spotter scope.

Actually come to think of it that's why I can play recon in this. I don't have the patience for using a sniper rifle usually but spotting people makes me feel that I'm at least supporting the team so I don't mind waiting a while for the perfect shot as opposed to other games.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    That was a good match alright. Was great, whenever I missed a target I'd see them get hit from another angle and drop. There really is something so satisfying about the bullet drop and the delay. It's the first game I've been anyway capable of using a sniper rifle. I don't know why. Maybe because people don't move around as much, or at least there's always someone standing still somewhere! Can't wait to get the spotter scope.

Actually come to think of it that's why I can play recon in this. I don't have the patience for using a sniper rifle usually but spotting people makes me feel that I'm at least supporting the team so I don't mind waiting a while for the perfect shot as opposed to other games.

Spotter scope is savage, little inconsistent though. I find if you spot someone from distance the red triangle that pops over their heads makes for an excellent guage for the bullet drop. I empathies with people who just play as sniper cus it is loads of fun. My knew thing is medic, defribing and healing people gets you a colossal amount of points. Esp if your defending a com station in a room with your squad. Its a point and badge orgy!

RAIN wrote: »
    Spotter scope is savage, little inconsistent though. I find if you spot someone from distance the red triangle that pops over their heads makes for an excellent guage for the bullet drop. I empathies with people who just play as sniper cus it is loads of fun. My knew thing is medic, defribing and healing people gets you a colossal amount of points. Esp if your defending a com station in a room with your squad. Its a point and badge orgy!

Yeah I started playing as medic, and enjoy the hell out of it. Have it fully maxed out now so I'm playing as other classes to level them up. Feels like I'm wasting XP otherwise! Definitely haven't been getting as high scores playing as Recon as I did medic though.

any one else pissed off with the amount a little noobs sitin there snipeing its like mw2 wit the camper problem you span and within seconds some one picks u off wit a sniper
    aaronh007 wrote: »

Agree i'm LOVING this game, but that's the one thing that will ruin it, it's the same in every game, there's always a ''...but...''.

I'd say over 50% of each team do be sniping, there's too much of an advantage, the thing doesn't even shake, and since you can't run around like a headless chicken in this, they can get their head-shots easy enough.

The problem isn't the sniping as such, it's the fact that they can call in their mortar strikes from a far and just blow the buildings with the M-Com boxes in them, and even in a close battle if you get hit with one bullet from their guns it's an instant kill

I pick the Medic myself, I'd say I've been revived around 10 times in 12hours gameplay, that's around how many ppl i revive in a game... same old story really, too many COD types noobs only out to play for themselves and screw the teamwork

RAIN wrote: »
    My knew thing is medic, defribing and healing people gets you a colossal amount of points.

Didn't use medic yet, just trying to build up my assault (slowly but surely!) Are the LMG's any good for the medics? They are my fave type of gun but they sucked in MW2. I'm a bit of a points whore so would probable just be running around shocking the ****e out of people!

Agree i'm LOVING this game, but that's the one thing that will ruin it, it's the same in every game, there's always a ''...but...''.

I'd say over 50% of each team do be sniping, there's too much of an advantage, the thing doesn't even shake, and since you can't run around like a headless chicken in this, they can get their head-shots easy enough.

The problem isn't the sniping as such, it's the fact that they can call in their mortar strikes from a far and just blow the buildings with the M-Com boxes in them, and even in a close battle if you get hit with one bullet from their guns it's an instant kill

I pick the Medic myself, I'd say I've been revived around 10 times in 12hours gameplay, that's around how many ppl i revive in a game... same old story really, too many COD types noobs only out to play for themselves and screw the teamwork

Its just a stage , I was feeling the same frustration last week with the amount of snipers/campers etc , but the secret is in a good squad and spawning high up the pitch , this basically eliminates the campers as you are already planting at the MCOM whilst their cooking marshmellows.:) , and the reverse when defending especially with a good Medic reviving to keep the pressure on.
    Last night the squad I was playing in finished all 4phases In 7.5mins whilst attacking. The other team hadn't a clue what was happening . We always had a Spawn Bitch high up the map , and always set off directly after the MCOMs destroyed.
    This tactic makes base campers useless.

• Advertisement

More fun Vids from DICE...

http://bit.ly/db5dLZ

Advertisement