Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Yeah there were loads of us on! Artic81Fox was on our squad, I remember seeing alpomb as well, and i think there could have been one or two more. Was kinda hoping you guys had formed a squad as well, would've been pretty cool to have had two or even three full boards squads on the team! Many many thanks to eireog, genesis and Artic81Fox for the excellent squad teamwork, they were easily some of the most enjoyable games I've had so far.
    And apologies for my lack of a mic! It's definitely next on my list of stuff to get now. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?

ah that explains it, not to worry

ive ordered a ps3 headset from play so i should have it this coming week

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

BArra wrote: »
    ah that explains it, not to worry

ive ordered a ps3 headset from play so i should have it this coming week

I have you in my contacts, next time we'll be sure and make up squad numbers. I suppose best thing, is to let it be known here when we are on.

good stuff, whats your PSN id?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

I have you in my contacts, next time we'll be sure and make up squad numbers. I suppose best thing, is to let it be known here when we are on.

im up for joinin a squad have mic and everything basicly on most the time psn: potsy-86

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Last night was the first time I wished the game had all team voice comms. At one stage I think most of our team was boardies. And we feckin' rule those games :cool:.

Caught myself a few times congratulating decnug for his impressive sprees in a tank only to remember that he couldn't hear me :o.

Too many of those "Battlefield Moments" last night to remember.... apache / havoc gunfights, bradley battles in the snow, four of us shamelessly spawn raping a poor unsuspecting team (disgraceful btw ;)), articfox stealing benideqt's tank gunner steal while the poor lad was out dutifully repairing away :eek:. Great craic...thanks to articfox, genisis, benediqt(sp) and the other boardies on last night.

• Advertisement

good stuff, whats your PSN id?

Finn-MCcool

I'll be on later, as soon as Sunday stuff is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Finn-MCcool

I'll be on later, as soon as Sunday stuff is done.

Sunday Stuff Hey ? ...Sounds like you have less of this "stuff" than me .:(

Work , Wages , Mortgages ...stuff em , over rated in anyways :D..lets BF .

as regards a mic, the general say so of people is that the offical ps3 one is fairly decent, ive ordered that one anaway

as regards a mic, the general say so of people is that the offical ps3 one is fairly decent, ive ordered that one anaway

While yer waiting for headset to arrive remember that any usb mic should work if ye don't mind wires...

thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055856194

mixednuts wrote: »
    Sunday Stuff Hey ? ...Sounds like you have less of this "stuff" than me .:(

Work , Wages , Mortgages ...stuff em , over rated in anyways :D..lets BF .

Oh I have all that stuff and more. the joys of it :pac:

EDIT: I use the PS wireless head set that came with socom. My old wired one works as well, but has seen better days

• Advertisement

no one useing playstation eye no i find that works great just pop it on top the tele and away u go saves haven people rambling complete nonsense in your ear :D

does anyone know how exactly motion mine spotting works?

do u just walk up to an enemy mine or do you have to destroy it or what?

does anyone know how exactly motion mine spotting works?

do u just walk up to an enemy mine or do you have to destroy it or what?

You get points for motion mine spots when your motion mine (press right on d-pad as recon class) spots an enemy player and that enemy player is killed by another member of your team while the enemy is still spotted by your motion mine. You get squad-motion-mine-spot points if one of your squad kills the enemy.

James74 wrote: »
    You get points for motion mine spots when your motion mine (recon class) spots an enemy player and that enemy player is killed by another member of your team while the enemy is still spotted by your motion mine.

WTF?? jeez I have a lot to learn :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Last night was the first time I wished the game had all team voice comms. At one stage I think most of our team was boardies. And we feckin' rule those games :cool:.

Caught myself a few times congratulating decnug for his impressive sprees in a tank only to remember that he couldn't hear me :o.

Too many of those "Battlefield Moments" last night to remember.... apache / havoc gunfights, bradley battles in the snow, four of us shamelessly spawn raping a poor unsuspecting team (disgraceful btw ;)), articfox stealing benideqt's tank gunner steal while the poor lad was out dutifully repairing away :eek:. Great craic...thanks to articfox, genisis, benediqt(sp) and the other boardies on last night.

Some of those games last night were absolutely comical. Especially when you and articfox got c4ed twice by the same guy in about a 3 minute period :D and of course the camping. Think we have teamwork down to a tee when we're in a tank though

Must practice up on my heli skills though...almost made myself ill flying that yoke last night. Lord knows if arcticfox will jump in one with me again

And apologies for my school girl giggling to myself when I'm sniping people :o

You get points for motion mine spots when your motion mine (press right on d-pad as recon class) spots an enemy player and that enemy player is killed by another member of your team while the enemy is still spotted by your motion mine.

d'oh

im fairly certain if an enemy recon player throws one near to you, you can hear it beeping away... so if you dont see a friendly on radar... u know an enemy recon is snooping around

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Some of those games last night were absolutely comical. Especially when you and articfox got c4ed twice by the same guy in about a 3 minute period :D.

And apologies for my school girl giggling to myself when I'm sniping people :o

Twice wouldn't be so bad... it's when the same guy c4ed me and articfox the third time, using the same method, at exactly the same place and fox says "Jaysus...where did he come from?"... I was feckin' sore laughing.

I was also serious impressed by articfox piloting skill when he managing to flip the apache upside down without actually taking off :p. Although it was kinda cool when he landed for repairs right in the middle of an epic tank firefight (right beside B on the broken ship map), got it back up to 100 health and we calmly went on our merry way without anybody on the enemy team even taking a shot at us :cool:. Nice one fox.

great video for people playing bad company for first time for hints and tips and for things u didnt already know

anto kerr wrote: »
    great video for people playing bad company for first time for hints and tips and for things u didnt already know[/YOUTUBE]

That video should be the intro to the game.

That video should be the intro to the game.

i agree theres a lot a people who go it alone which ruins it for every body else then it ends in a loss all cause people wont play as a squad and the lack of people spotting makes it harder too they shoulda put a vid like that as an intro for people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

That motion grenade thingy is incredibly handy. Just wish I could have that and the assault grenade launcher together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

i'm falling in love with this game, now all i need to do is find my headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

post ya psn here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486

your guarenteed a great game with every 1 there

anybody up for a game in the next while? Am a bit of a N00b on this game so could do with pointers :p

Finn-MCcool

anybody up for a game in the next while? Am a bit of a N00b on this game so could do with pointers :p

Finn-MCcool

I'll be on once the good lady heads off to work and the wains are in bed, so from about 9ish till the wee hours... god bless you self-employment with school holidays, and your late Monday lie in :D

Alot of Boardsie's playing tonight. We'll make the 12 eventually :pac:

count me in psn: potsy-86

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Got this game last week and still havent managed to get a game in,god damn laser eye :p

gona have to call it a night with work tmmrw, thanks for the revives IRL_Crackshot, pity it was us vs other boardsies, it was a bit messy but we didnt do too bad, i think it was just you and me from boards on our side?

and their comms soon cottoned on to me lurking around their tanks with at mines haha :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus...you (Griefa) and Crackshot royally abused us tonight...well played sir, well played.:mad:

Advertisement