Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

mayotobo wrote: »
    has anyone played the new rush map? i think its sheer epicness. i was defending with recon and the g3. two tanks were coming to the last base on two different roads firing on the base. the map was so huge that i was able to go behind the two tanks and rig them both with c4, get away without being spotted and set them off. both tanks were full with people (i think based on the amount of "killing an enemy" points), i then proceeded to cry.

its a great level i try an start of on that level when i go online but iv all ways ened up in games that have started and are half way through an i do be lost i dunno what is what class level all the same some great snipeing spots

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wish I picked Medic from the start, getting in the top 4 every match. Love the LMG's, healing and addicted to reviving!

Some laugh with crackshot the other night. He died, I revived him. I died, he took my class and revived me, he died, took back my class and revived him. was like a revival orgy! Can't wait to play the new map

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

I can't take any more of this.. you lads are having all the fun..

Can you add me? PSN ChelseaLen78

I'll fire off a few FRs tonight too. Can't remember what level I am but I've maxed out Assault, and fairly well along with the Engineer and Medic. I've started trying to unlock some recon stuff lately (I don't sit back though - normally play with rifle or shotgun and C4)

Love this game, and its ten times better with tight squads. I've got a mic but only use when the dog looks like its drifting off.. you don't need to hear me shouting at her. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

any else find snow maps really difficult and....crap, everytime i play one, i do completely crap

coudnt get to grips with them last night at all and it wasnt the first time ive played em, bc1 didnt have any snow maps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

jeez, ye are all leveling up fairly quickly, gonna have to have some serious game time over long weekend.

When I play tonight, I'll just jump in a chopper or tank with one of ye for the points :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

BArra wrote: »
    any else find snow maps really difficult and....crap, everytime i play one, i do completely crap

coudnt get to grips with them last night at all and it wasnt the first time ive played em, bc1 didnt have any snow maps!!

Yeah I suck when it comes to those maps, the night time one especially. I rarely get above 600 when I'm playing those maps.
    jeez, ye are all leveling up fairly quickly, gonna have to have some serious game time over long weekend.

When I play tonight, I'll just jump in a chopper or tank with one of ye for the points :P

You don't wanna get in a chopper with me...trust me. You can ask arcticfox for reference, if he's recovered from my vomit inducing flight the last time out

If I'm in a tank, jump in. Although I think I got us blown up a few times when you jumped in one with me the last time :o

anto kerr wrote: »
    any one able to obtain a signiture from stats o matic http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

been tryin for ages now an it wont work

dosent work for me either, tried firefox and IE, no joy with either

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Love attacking on Nelsons Bay, but hate defending - I always lose my bearings. When I'm defending I just spend my time cutting down trees and spotting for the crappy snipers.

I like the snow map on conquest though. Its always funny to see two houses, a couple of feet apart, full of opposing factions going at it hammer and tongs.

Whats the name of the new levels for rush and conquest?

Good games last night, pity my connection was on and off, have a problem where cable enters console, will have to go wireless,

On the plus side, have improved slighty, level 5, woot :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Is there any offline multiplayer? Co-op or anything? Cheers

(didnt wanna start a new thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Nope, just single player and online unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

:cool::cool:remeber post your psn here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486
    and you get a good game:cool::cool:

out of 3 games today my ps3 has crashed on every map

oh dear :mad:

ive got an 80gb phat ps3 thats prob a year and a half old

what to do, what to do

Sorry to hear bout that Barra, hope its just a minor thing. Let it cool off for a while, see if it gets better.

Check out the vid below showing how to attach C4 to a UAV helicopter and fly it into an mcom station and tell your squad to detonate the c4, instant mcom death!

Heard some of ye saying this but were ye on about setting c4 on the uav computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

out of 3 games today my ps3 has crashed on every map

oh dear :mad:

ive got an 80gb phat ps3 thats prob a year and a half old

what to do, what to do

Try some other games and if it still happens then trade it into gamestop for credit towards a new one before it gets the YLOD :P

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear bout that Barra, hope its just a minor thing. Let it cool off for a while, see if it gets better.

Check out the vid below showing how to attach C4 to a UAV helicopter and fly it into an mcom station and tell your squad to detonate the c4, instant mcom death!

Heard some of ye saying this but were ye on about setting c4 on the uav computer?

Yeah myself and Eireog did that once on 3rd attacking phase on the Arica Harbour map, but it was only one persons worth of C4. He loaded it up and I flew it into the bus (mcom A).

Still, it did do half damage to the mcom station

Try some other games and if it still happens then trade it into gamestop for credit towards a new one before it gets the YLOD :P

they only give 120e,, arghhh

Anyone have any tips on how to level up fast-ish, am struggling a bit. I only play an hour a day or so.

Anyone have any tips on how to level up fast-ish, am struggling a bit. I only play an hour a day or so.

Being a medic with health packs and paddles or an engineer with the repair tool has helped me bump up the last 7 levels.

Was getting 500,600 and 700s as Assault or Recon but I'm getting 1200-2800 as a Medic and 1000-2000 as an engineer.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Being a medic with health packs and paddles...
    Was getting 500,600 and 700s as Assault

+1!!!!

Was exact same for me til I gave medic a go and my levels started flying up, double if not triple the points every game

Thanks lads.

Am nearly at the stage on medic where I get first aid kits. When do the paddles come?

paddles come at 5000 points, just keep throwing the medkits everywhere, couldn't believe how many points u get from them! When shooting LMG's, always crouch and aim. You will have the paddles in no time and your level will sky rocket!!

Woot, got the first aid kits :pac:

So I'll just keep fliging these around, at what stage does the medic get a decent weapon?

I found the 3rd gun unlocked - QJY88 (i think) is far superior to the first 2, much more stable for the accuracy! The 4th gun is the M60, i nearly have it unlocked and I hear it's alright ;)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I found the 3rd gun unlocked - QJY88 (i think) is far superior to the first 2, much more stable for the accuracy! The 4th gun is the M60, i nearly have it unlocked and I hear it's alright ;)

Its brilliant!! Having been the bane of my life in this game it is now my gun of choice :) Rate of fire isn't the best but its accuracy and damage more than make up for it

While I'm here I might as well complain about the game I was just in... me as a medic and my wonderful team of 11 recon class people. Me running around like a headless chicken trying to stop tanks and people from destroying the mcom stations while they hid in shrubs and the hills. I ran out of ammo fast, as you can imagine and had to resort to picking up my enemy's gear. And whats worse is that the 11 recon dudes never switched their gear for anything else. My "squad" gave out to me because they had to spawn so far away from their sniping positions...And to make matters worse they, at no time even tried to help by using the tanks available or, even once tried to shoot down the UAV...

if ever someone happens upon this type of game...leave. Its not worth the anger

/rant

HAHA they gave out to you!!!???

People giving out about the amount of medics but at least medics get in the thick of the action!

I was in a recent game where I was with 3 recon dopes! they camped at the start point, 3 of em behind the same hedge. When i died, I was flicking between them to see if they moved before I could spawn. 1 was running from one end of the bush to the next. 1 would aim his gun, put it down, aim again, etc., etc. 1 was a statue. They had the lowest scores of the round, one of them had 0 points and I had a balls of a time running from base camp to action every spawn. Above guy is right, if your in a squad/team full of recon, just quit. Where on the other hand, I would love a squad full of MEDIIIIIIICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Yup have seen games like this too, from what I've seen it seems to be more of a problem in rush, conquest doesn't seem as bad, but honestly after playing in proper squads with some of you fine folk I have even less patience with trying to auto-join random squads.
    Before you rage quit out of a squad of recon campers, there is some fun you can have though :D (modified from here (beware, popups))
    1. Shoot them a few times in the face/head with the tracer dart gun, even if you don't blind him it'll make it much easier for enemy snipers to spot him.
    2. go assault and stand behind them emptying your weapon into the sky to reveal their position.
    3. go assault and spam the smoke grenades in front of wherever they're camping so they can't see.
    4. get in a heli and wait for them to spawn in said heli, then fly out of the map.
    5. if they're camping in a building/behind cover, destroy it.

reminds me of a game yesterday, it was the new map where u start off on the island and have to drive boats or swim to the mainland where the mcom stations are.

but anaway, i was defending the mcom stations, and 3/4 of the opposition were recon, and they stayed on the island for the ENTIRE game

they were losing obviously as they only had 2 or 3 attackers vs my whole team

yet the snipers still stayed and sat on their island, unreal stuff.

i will confess i play recon myself if im not playing engineer, but as recon if im not scoring points i get bored so i like to think im doing... some good :pac:

• Advertisement

quick question i also have.

i do a lot of tank sabotage, and more often than not, this involves getting up close and personal with the tank, so they see me and try to get rid of me

now sometimes they suceed and i die, but i leave a present or two of an AT mine which they sometimes drive over soon after my death

now as im awaiting to respawn i see the points tally up.... tank destroyed... double kill.... whatever....

now bear in mind i still have not respawned

now i THINK i dont get those points, and they are lost

could anyone confirm or deny?

Advertisement