Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

From my own experience of doing the exact same, I get the points

I used to think that I didn't as well but then one game I paused to check the scoreboard before I did a suicide run on a tank and got the points for damaging a vehicle, destroying a vehicle and the three kills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BArra wrote: »
    quick question i also have.

i do a lot of tank sabotage, and more often than not, this involves getting up close and personal with the tank, so they see me and try to get rid of me

now sometimes they suceed and i die, but i leave a present or two of an AT mine which they sometimes drive over soon after my death

now as im awaiting to respawn i see the points tally up.... tank destroyed... double kill.... whatever....

now bear in mind i still have not respawned

now i THINK i dont get those points, and they are lost

could anyone confirm or deny?

Griefa you get the points ... Those Anti Tank are a great bonus , you could forget all about them and 20mins later someone drives over them .

You should know all about that , got me enough times one night playing conquest :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is it lagging a bit today or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

dunno of lag today i've not played yet..

had a ball but gettin sorta bored of this now i got level 22 silver, need achievement incentives. give us a gold at 30? the new game modes didn't really shake things up enough for me n as for the other yoke safe to say i'm not doing it.. the revamp of Laguna Presa seems like an entirely new map which is commendable beside the few others which are overly familiar also smaller. conquest modes

will still revisit this, nothing else until big release blitz commences in a few wk.. praying FIFA WC2010 has the sufficient improvements no game has replay value to the casual bastard like an addictive soccer sim

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it lagging a bit today or is it just me?

A lot of lag last night!! Played about 4 games could only get about 400 points in each, had to just give up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I had to stop playing last night cus of Lag too. Thought it was my Eircom connection-obviously not!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Good game tonight guys, one of the best i've had in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Good game tonight guys, one of the best i've had in a while!
    Twas good alright, until I lost connection to the server :(. Lost my shiny new AUG and got demoted back to level 16! Will those points be returned next time I log in by any chance, or are they gone for good? And what's the story with those "lost connection to server" messages? Any idea if it's a problem on my end, or on the server's?
    And just as I was about to get my revenge on WaryValidator too, I swear! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Lost my shiny new AUG and got demoted back to level 16! Will those points be returned next time I log in by any chance, or are they gone for good?

Happened to me once, but lost all my points, weapsons, unlocks, dogtags, right back to Level 0. Cried a bit, logged back on... and all my shiny guns n' stuff were back.... cried a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

imo that game failed compared to mw2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

What game ?

really getting into it now, (about time) getting decent scores and starting to level up quicker. Level 7 here I come :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

dont be in any rush, when the insignias start drying up things get slower, unless you play it for endless hours most days

im level 25 its something like 100,000 points to level up

think its jumping by 20k each level you go, and more than likely will jump again to 135k, 165k ect ect

No, you failed at Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

dont be in any rush, when the insignias start drying up things get slower, unless you play it for endless hours most days

im level 25 its something like 100,000 points to level up

think its jumping by 20k each level you go, and more than likely will jump again to 135k, 165k ect ect

As you rightly point out - key to this is the insignias, pins and stars.
    I'm not really laser focused on closing those out, which is pushing me to use guns I hadn't, and try a few new things... Keeps the interest going...

Anyone know what the deal with Skill level is... I keep getting the odd message saying that it's gone down - but I don't know why :(

Such a class game with no lag! 3 games today. 1st one = Best player, 2nd and 3rd = 2nd best player (best on my team). Medic Rocks!!!!!

Down and dirty shoot, heal, revive, capture, blow up mcomm, run, run, run, crash helicopter, run, shoot, shoot, shoot!

I pity anyone who sits on a hill for a whole match and is content with 400 points a game!

ps. anyone one else who is constantly playing as medic seeing things? Everytime i put a top on and i can only see black for a few seconds, i actually see little green zigzags and instantly think I need to get my defibs out! Maybe will give it a break for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

sheehy83 wrote: »

ps. anyone one else who is constantly playing as medic seeing things? Everytime i put a top on and i can only see black for a few seconds, i actually see little green zigzags and instantly think I need to get my defibs out! Maybe will give it a break for a few days!

No, but a huge low flying bird today gave me a heart attack...thought it was a UAV :pac:

No, you failed at Battlefield.

haha

mw2 is a zergfest, brutal game, i much prefer bf2

mw2 is a zergfest, brutal game, i much prefer bf2

I loved MW2 but since BF2, I look back at myself playing with a f**king heartbeat monitor on my gun and think uuuggghhh.

Could never go back to mw2 now. Pity none of my other friends would take the leap and are still playing it, couldn't convince any of em to even give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just got bc2 last thursday, what an awesome game, took me a while to get into but it really is unbeatable when you find a good game.

Quick question though, has anyone ever come across some glitch with the UAV taking out comm's near instantly ? Had a few guys on last night doin it over an over, wasn't quite sure how they were doin it though ? Could well have been using c4 as well!

• Advertisement

Fenix wrote: »
    Just got bc2 last thursday, what an awesome game, took me a while to get into but it really is unbeatable when you find a good game.

Quick question though, has anyone ever come across some glitch with the UAV taking out comm's near instantly ? Had a few guys on last night doin it over an over, wasn't quite sure how they were doin it though ? Could well have been using c4 as well!

They load the UAV up with C4, fly it to the M-Com then BOOM!!

Fenix wrote: »

Hey Fenix, I posted a vid a few pages back that show this in action. Basically, 3 recon rig the UAV with c4 and the pilot flies it into mcom with the recon then blowing it up. Havn't seen it personally but I heard it really wrecks games as they can be over fairly quick.

They load the UAV up with C4, fly it to the M-Com then BOOM!!

The next time we meet, I will kill you (many times) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

out of 3 games today my ps3 has crashed on every map

oh dear :mad:

ive got an 80gb phat ps3 thats prob a year and a half old

what to do, what to do

game stop are takeing all old ps3 for trade in pluse 40e for a new slim 160GB was in there tuesday deal should still be on the f##ks i traded mine in for 120GB and had to pay well more then that before they started that deal

The next time we meet, I will kill you (many times) :P

Little old me? :rolleyes:

anto kerr wrote: »
    game stop are takeing all old ps3 for trade in pluse 40e for a new slim 160GB was in there tuesday deal should still be on the f##ks i traded mine in for 120GB and had to pay well more then that before they started that deal

are u sure about that?

your old ps3? and 40e and they give you a 160gb ps3?

isnt the 160gb the old phat style though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭anto kerr

are u sure about that?

your old ps3? and 40e and they give you a 160gb ps3?

isnt the 160gb the old phat style though

yup 100% sure its advertised on empty game boxs beside the games an stuff and prob is the fat 160gb thats my mistake i didin know 160 was just a fat i just assumed it was a slim didn think u could buy a fat any more it just said trade in your old 40gb 60gb 80gb ps3 plus 40 euro and get a 160gb playstation

I gotta say, I don't think hardcore's for me. Took me a while to realize I could injure/kill teammates, and by then I think I had! Apologies to SparkyD24 and BordorFox for the team damage... :o Was still a very enjoyable game though!
    Of course, I was not the only one tk'ing. There is a certain member of this boards (who shall remain nameless) who at one point managed to get me with a pretty sweet shot with a Saiga, which is what I'm sure he thought himself, until he realized... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Of course, I was not the only one tk'ing. There is a certain member of this boards (who shall remain nameless) who at one point managed to get me with a pretty sweet shot with a Saiga, which is what I'm sure he thought himself, until he realized... :pac:

...:o em, might have been me....if it was I'm claiming that you walked into my bullets :p

• Advertisement

James74 wrote: »
    ... em, might have been me....if it was
    A confession! :D
    Got a question for any mic users: I managed to sync a small bluetooth headset I got with my phone to the PS3, was messing around with it and it seems to pick up quite well, the only problem is there's this weird echo effect in the playback that I can't seem to get rid of. Is this normal and would other people hear this too? I don't mind it so much if it's just on my end, but I don't think I could use it if everyone else had to deal with it too.

Advertisement