Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

the only way i could think of finding that out would be to ask someone on the other end a friend or something if they can hear it i got the offical head set and no background noise at all its great for playing bad company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Just as I predicted it seems that this game is starting to seperate the Wheat from the Chaff .
    As players rank up and gain experience, I have noticed in the past week or so how tight some units are , especially during RUSH.
    I have played with ( and against) some outfits that just steam roll the opposition , and it's all tactics.
    Unlike some other well known games (**cough MW2) it's pure gameplay and not glitching that's winning games.
    I think BFBC2 will mature into a elite type game were the NOoB will feel a bit frustrated by skill and negative KDR they will experience.
    Just hope new DLC is on the cards as I am getting a touch of mapathy .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

got my mic working so hoping to get some boards on a squad, as rightly pointed out their are teams that will streamroll, and one man armys dont get u far if theirs snipers all over the place pinging you as ya spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

BArra wrote: »
    got my mic working so hoping to get some boards on a squad, as rightly pointed out their are teams that will streamroll, and one man armys dont get u far if theirs snipers all over the place pinging you as ya spawn

I'll be on from about 9 tonight, join me or invite if yer looking to fill out a squad.

James74 wrote: »
    I'll be on from about 9 tonight, join me or invite if yer looking to fill out a squad.

Yea around same time myself , drop me an invite .
    Mind you don't know what use I might be , kinda getting pissed at the moment :) lovely weather always requires some beers on patio .

• Advertisement

same for me psn potsy-86 tired of playing wit twats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

alritey, i shud be on then aswell, hopefully we can get a squad of 5 or so together.

can anyone tell me how many gold stars you get with weapons, is it 9 gold stars then you get the platinum star?

also how does it work? is it 1,000 kills with a weapon means platinum star?

i got a platinum star for using a tank, but it must be kills with any tank as i wouldnt have more kills with one specific tank as it varys which tanks you can use

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

potsy86 wrote: »
    same for me psn potsy-86 tired of playing wit twats

Ya won't want to play with us then :P

Ya won't want to play with us then :P

lol ah i mean people who think its team death match and dont help out as a squad does be frustrating sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Useful wiki on battlefield. Gives info on weapons, vehicles etc.

Here

• Advertisement

Anybody up for a few games tonight? I will add some of your PSNs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey Aussie,

I will be on from about 8.30 tonight. Add me up!!!! All I ask is that you do not pick sniper and then spend the whole level sitting at base camp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I have a feeling i may be on later... Just a feeling though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

TheAmateur wrote: »
    A confession! :D
    Got a question for any mic users: I managed to sync a small bluetooth headset I got with my phone to the PS3, was messing around with it and it seems to pick up quite well, the only problem is there's this weird echo effect in the playback that I can't seem to get rid of. Is this normal and would other people hear this too? I don't mind it so much if it's just on my end, but I don't think I could use it if everyone else had to deal with it too.

Have you tried turing down the levels? you might be getin feedback from the mic through the earpiece and that could be causing feedback. My other guess would be that the headset that came with your phone is probly pretty cheaply made and isn't up to the standard.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey Aussie,

I will be on from about 8.30 tonight. Add me up!!!! All I ask is that you do not pick sniper and then spend the whole level sitting at base camp :D

Haven't played as a sniper once yet don't. It annoying when you have snipers in your squad and you respawn beside them on some hill at the edge of the map miles from the action.

Tend to be a engineer or medic

Oh has anyone else had crackling from the game audio every so often or is it just me?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Haven't played as a sniper once yet don't. It annoying when you have snipers in your squad and you respawn beside them on some hill at the edge of the map miles from the action.

Tend to be a engineer or medic

good man! A new thing has annoyed me a lot lately!! Start of a round, i run to a chopper. I see a guy get in and whirleys start spinnin. I am 5 foot away from it and he takes off into the sky! It was a carrier, pilot can't even shoot a gun.
    I shot the shiite out of him as he flew away. Same yesterday, 2 of us running for an atv, he jumps on and drives straight off. I always have a look around to see if anyone needs a lift before taking off

good man! A new thing has annoyed me a lot lately!! Start of a round, i run to a chopper. I see a guy get in and whirleys start spinnin. I am 5 foot away from it and he takes off into the sky! It was a carrier, pilot can't even shoot a gun.
    I shot the shiite out of him as he flew away. Same yesterday, 2 of us running for an atv, he jumps on and drives straight off. I always have a look around to see if anyone needs a lift before taking off

Here here

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Yeah this grinds my gears too! If you tracer dart a friendly vehicle can enemies target it? (for purely theoretical reasons of course...:D)
    Also, I've heard that if you hit the tail of a "friendly" heli with a rocket launcher you can't destroy it, but it causes it to nosedive into the ground. Have yet to test this myself though.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Yeah this grinds my gears too! If you tracer dart a friendly vehicle can enemies target it? (for purely theoretical reasons of course...:D)
    Also, I've heard that if you hit the tail of a "friendly" heli with a rocket launcher you can't destroy it, but it causes it to nosedive into the ground. Have yet to test this myself though.

Hardcore mode I think will answer YES to your 2 questions :D

Nothing like shooting 3 tracers darts into the face of a camping sniper that wont help your team ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I've never tried hardcore, or squad rush etc - with a poor kill ratio (0.7) and even worse skill rating - I might get slaughtered at the same spot I spawn...! Guess I will just continue playing the 'soft' core.

positron wrote: »
    I've never tried hardcore, or squad rush etc - with a poor kill ratio (0.7) and even worse skill rating - I might get slaughtered at the same spot I spawn...! Guess I will just continue playing the 'soft' core.
    I find hardcore to be pretty... hardcore. With sniper rifles being easier to 1-shot kill with, I find I get picked off from a good bit away a lot, that or getting shot, surviving, and having to deal with the blood effect on my screen until I find a medic. Also, team damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Didn't really get a chance to play over weekend, had a couple of games last night with some Boardsie's but will be on again tonight, hopefully.

Finn-MCcool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

My biggest pet peeve is when someone gets in a copper flys off by himself, crash lands it in the enemy base and then *tries* to go commando.

Who is Jebuslives? We had a good ol game last night apart from the stupid f**kin laaaag!! Hate trying to shoot a guy thats teleporting across the screen!

Even with just 2 people working together in a squad is way better than running round on your own. Then when Griefa came on, we just kicked ass. Had to head earlier then I wanted though and the lag was bad anyway. will be back on tonight about 10

That'd be me :D. Yea we were certainly kicking ass. I don't think I had lag on my end... Yea I thought at the start we'd get overrun with only two but it was good. Started to get the hang of the Panama Canal map too.

Although Cobra1974eire (or something) wouldn't stop killing me.

Should be on again tonight sometime Sheehy.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    That'd be me :D. Yea we were certainly kicking ass. Started to get the hang of the Panama Canal map too.

Although Cobra1974eire (or something) wouldn't stop killing me.

Should be on again tonight sometime Sheehy.

Cool Aussie, hopefully no lag tonight. Sorry if i was reviving ya and you were getting killed straight away, try not to do that but sometimes get defib mad!

Also, if you see me shooting my magnum and I die, 'do not resuscitate'. HAHA was running round for ages last night with no ammo :D

I heard you can actually call for ammo and health if you need it, anyone know how to do this?

Cool Aussie, hopefully no lag tonight. Sorry if i was reviving ya and you were getting killed straight away, try not to do that but sometimes get defib mad!

Also, if you see me shooting my magnum and I die, 'do not resuscitate'. HAHA was running round for ages last night with no ammo :D

I heard you can actually call for ammo and health if you need it, anyone know how to do this?

Ah right no worries. Didn't realise that must have been annoying...

I think that call for ammo & health might hav only been in Battlefield 2... Although I don't really have a clue haven't played battlefield much.

No probs man, you brought me back to life when I needed it an thats all that counts!!

At one point when we started a round, a bunch of us ran for vehicles. 1 guy got on an ATV and took off then another guy took the other ATV and flew off as well. I shot at em to try and make em realise what they were doing but very annoying at the start of a level

• Advertisement

Yup it's all done with the select button. If you're low on ammo, point at an assault guy and hit select, your character will say something like "hey man, gimme some ammo". Same deal with being low on health, just point at a medic and hit select. Works for even more stuff, like calling an engineer when you're in a tank and need to be repaired.
    Oh yea and also for asking people in vehicles for a ride. Might be a bit more effective than shooting them! :D

Advertisement