Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I didn't know you could ask for ammo. That explains how couple of days ago, this guy knelt in front on me, totally cutting me off, and started saying 'I need some ammo', 'Give me some ammo NOW' etc - I gave him some, but it confused me for a while how he asking for this because he was clearly not on the mic.

I have noticed at times when I accidentally press select (thinking I saw some enemy infantry), if my scope was over a base station, I hear myself urging everyone 'Attack this base now' etc. I don't think anyone follows though..! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

positron wrote: »
    I have noticed at times when I accidentally press select (thinking I saw some enemy infantry), if my scope was over a base station, I hear myself urging everyone 'Attack this base now' etc. I don't think anyone follows though..! :rolleyes:

holy crap this is amazing! There is a pin or badge for 'attack orders' and 'defend orders' I would get either one in some games, didnt know how I was getting them and meant to ask on here. Then I got the 2 in the same game so just forgot about it. What else can you do in this game!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

positron wrote: »
    if my scope was over a base station, I hear myself urging everyone 'Attack this base now'
    Yup that's a squad attack order, works for defending points too. The select button might just be the most useful button in the game! But you're right, no-one ever seems to follow through on these, even though I think (open to correction on this) that if you make a defensive kill around a point you've been told by your squad to defend (or attack a point you've been told to attack), you get extra points.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Oh yea and also for asking people in vehicles for a ride. Might be a bit more effective than shooting them! :D

Woops hahaha, will use select in future but Science Damn them if they don't stop to give me a lift!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Woops hahaha, will use select in future but Science Damn them if they don't stop to give me a lift!!!

Jesus doubt the 'select' button has ever gotten so much use in a game before....

Nearly sure that getting extra points for defending/attacking a point ordered by one of your squad is true. Remember getting extra points for killing pple near a station.

Anybody know exactly how you use the UAV to order in a strike? Does it have to be locked onto a person / vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya it's basically sink or swim. Only problem is you have to teach yourself to swim while you're floating in the middle of an ocean

theShawzer wrote: »
    Ya it's basically sink or swim. Only problem is you have to teach yourself to swim while you're floating in the middle of an ocean
    And if you stay too long in that ocean, you suicide! I learned that one the hard way, on port valdez...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Jesus doubt the 'select' button has ever gotten so much use in a game before....

Nearly sure that getting extra points for defending/attacking a point ordered by one of your squad is true. Remember getting extra points for killing pple near a station.

Anybody know exactly how you use the UAV to order in a strike? Does it have to be locked onto a person / vehicle?

I think there is a Glitch on the "attack command" ....

I nearly always get attack command points when i am arming a MCOM , yet i never hit select ?
    I have 2 guesses as to whats going on

1.)What i think is happening is that I am always RECON when arming , i also have a spotter sight on my rifle ...I think the glitch is that when i have a spotter sight its acting as a select command , even if i dont aim , just set a bomb .

2.) I always set C4 whilst arming a bomb , this could also be causing a glitch for attack command.

Either way i always get the attack points , but never hit select whilst arming.

mixednuts wrote: »
    I think there is a Glitch on the "attack command" ....

I nearly always get attack command points when i am arming a MCOM , yet i never hit select ?
    I have 2 guesses as to whats going on

1.)What i think is happening is that I am always RECON when arming , i also have a spotter sight on my rifle ...I think the glitch is that when i have a spotter sight its acting as a select command , even if i dont aim , just set a bomb .

2.) I always set C4 whilst arming a bomb , this could also be causing a glitch for attack command.

Either way i always get the attack points , but never hit select whilst arming.

But is it not that somebody else in your squad ordered the attack on the command post? You still get points for following squad orders (I'd imagine). I doubt it necessarily has to be you who does the ordering.

Although it is possible that what you saying is true also.

But is it not that somebody else in your squad ordered the attack on the command post? You still get points for following squad orders (I'd imagine). I doubt it necessarily has to be you who does the ordering.

Although it is possible that what you saying is true also.

I was thinking that at first , but its definitely me getting the points ..its not like a attack assist etc .

• Advertisement

Anyone shed some light on the most effective way to shell a target from distance ?

I am able to bring a building down ,it may take some time with lots of guessing distance and maneuvering , but I have watched some players be really effective and quick from distance.

When you raise the barrell of the TANK and aim say at Alpha , the "A" flashes attack .
    Does this mean your on target so fire away ...is this what what you use to gauge your accuracy ?

M.

No A flashes to tell you it's the objective. U just have to use your crosshairs to judge distance. It comes with practice

mixednuts wrote: »

hey nuts, I would say your auto spotter might be doing it. You will just have to check if someone else with auto spotter is getting the same.

Am I wasting my time throwing my only grenade at a tank?

Am I wasting my time throwing my only grenade at a tank?
    Unless you're playing hardcore and the thing is damaged, yeah probably. It will do some damage, but not a lot (about 10% I think). Better to get out of the way and throw it at some infantry :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

No probs man, you brought me back to life when I needed it an thats all that counts!!

At one point when we started a round, a bunch of us ran for vehicles. 1 guy got on an ATV and took off then another guy took the other ATV and flew off as well. I shot at em to try and make em realise what they were doing but very annoying at the start of a level

i possibly took off in a tank, but i get out quick to take the b flag, as most ppl go for the a flag as its nearest

but i think its better to get the b as quick as possible as it lowers the opposition tickets

and ur nearly guarenteed someone on your own team will take a

Ya, I try to go for B first as well when I get off to a quick start. Gets you into the action quicker anyway.

So how fast do the tickets go down once you are in control of more flags? I was on a team the other day that was in control of all of them. Thought the match would end but I guess its all about the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

So how fast do the tickets go down once you are in control of more flags? I was on a team the other day that was in control of all of them. Thought the match would end but I guess its all about the tickets.

At the minute conquest is really tdm. The tickets go down for the team that holds less flags... but very very slowly. Depending on where you look for info it's 1 ticket subtracted from the team with the least flags every 30 or 45 seconds. This makes kills much more important than flags in most conquest games.

i have waay too much juttery lag tnite and then it boots me off the server

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

BArra wrote: »
    i have waay too much juttery lag tnite and then it boots me off the server

:mad:

It was ok for me, but I got booted too. ( we were on the same squad at the time)

thats alrite, your repair gun needed a break anaway :D

• Advertisement

Had a few good games last night with boardsies. Although some we played the other team seemed to not know what to do...

Anybody suffering from lag when your friends join?

Think I might invest in a mic too.

Ya joined a game with aussie last night, bad lag. Went into a new game and was running fine till aussie joined then really bad lag. Was playing a while ago with stranges and went really smooth. Like aussie said, do you find you are only getting lag with friends in the same match?

Was in an all Boardsie squad last night and everything was fine for me until I the sever booted me off.

Was not happy last nite! I was having a hell of a round with 3,500 points most with the engineer and repair tool and I lost connection to server, does this mean I lose all the points I earned in that game?

theShawzer wrote: »
    Was not happy last nite! I was having a hell of a round with 3,500 points most with the engineer and repair tool and I lost connection to server, does this mean I lose all the points I earned in that game?

Yes it does, sucker :p

I lost a shed load of points too :(

Ya joined a game with aussie last night, bad lag. Went into a new game and was running fine till aussie joined then really bad lag. Was playing a while ago with stranges and went really smooth. Like aussie said, do you find you are only getting lag with friends in the same match?

Sorry about that man. I haven't really experienced lag much at all so fair. I was playing with other boardsies for a while before I joined you sheehy. Wonder if they got lag too. Don't know what the problem would be I have 3 mb eircom which has served me relatively well so far.

Have you been getting lag when other friends join your game?

Sorry about that man.

Have you been getting lag when other friends join your game?

Haha not your fault man! :D Ya seem to get it a good bit when friends join. I got eircom 3mb too.

I finally tried engineer. Hate the SMG's! Twice I tried to repair a tank. The semi circle meter was empty and wasn't moving. Sparks flying off the tank, i would move around trying to repair different parts but no difference, then the tank disappears. Both times it had 0 health. Can you only repair vehicles with over 1% health?

Can you only repair vehicles with over 1% health?
    Yup I think so, at 0 health (i.e. after blowing up) it'll stay on the map for about 30 seconds, then it'll disappear, and a new one will spawn wherever that one originally spawned. I don't think a new one can spawn until it literally disappears. The amount of times I've taken cover behind a blown-up tank, only for it to disappear, leaving me out in the open...

I finally tried engineer. Hate the SMG's! Twice I tried to repair a tank. The semi circle meter was empty and wasn't moving. Sparks flying off the tank, i would move around trying to repair different parts but no difference, then the tank disappears. Both times it had 0 health. Can you only repair vehicles with over 1% health?

yea if it's a flaming heap of scrap metal afraid you can't repair it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I played 7 rounds of Conquest last night and the team I was on won all seven! This is so far beyond ordinary for my standards, I am half expecting to see a moving statue or something today. I love anti-tank mines and sniping with normal engineer guns (well, not exactly sniping, but you can take out people a good big away and they don't even know who's firing at them!! :D)

I did get some serious stuttering with strange screeching noises by the end of the last round - my amp was blinking like a Christmas tree - it was so bad, I had to give up - I still love BC2!!

Advertisement