Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Last night whilst defending on 3rd Phase Port Valdez , I jumped into a Apache with a squad member and fook me he was some pilot .

Him flying and rocketing,, me on gunner we cleaned up !

The attackers never even got to set one MCOM . They couldn't even get out of their spawn .

I have flew with many good pilots but this guy was amazing . If I needed to gun anyone his angle of approach was perfect . Also ensured the MCOMS never got flanked , and always knew and covered spawn points , really great Intelligent flying .Only needed 1 repair

The attacking team were no easy prey , we lost the first 2 phases pretty badly , and they were a tight unit .That was until me and this guy got into the Apache . They never knew what hit them .

I will never be one of those "Heli spawn bitches" that sit around the Heli Pad waiting for a Apache to Spawn , whilst their team get wacked :mad: but if this guy is defending with me you will find me running behind him for that 1st Apache .:D

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

mixednuts wrote: »
    I will never be one of those "Heli spawn bitches" that sit around the Heli Pad waiting for a Apache to Spawn , whilst their team get wacked :mad: but if this guy is defending with me you will find me running behind him for that 1st Apache .:D

i hate them idiots they sit there for ages like half the team and then they get into the chopper an its destroyed in seconds due to bad flying and oh no you,d think they'd learn there lesson
    and go straight back and do it again over and over while the team loses

I know frustrating as hell , mind you the past couple if evenings this game has been frustrating me in general.
    Maybe just bad luck as I always seem to be on a team of fooking idiots , or recon "snipers":rolleyes: who actually go to the back of the map to snipe , end up with a whole 2 kills and shout things like " headshot , headshot , what a shot !" and are still happy when we lose ?.:mad:
    Think I need to wait til alot of boardies are on before I play again .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I have to say i love this game... it's a nice change from MW2. Only on rank 5 or 6 at the moment and I've upgraded medic and engineer a bit.. don't really like assault and haven't really got into recon yet.

The only things i don't like is sometimes it's hard to see things although that could be just due to the tv I'm playing on at the moment and the other is when you kill an enemy and he kills you.. this just frustrates me so much.

Generally i'm alrite at the game.. can't fly a helicopter at all though.. absolutely rubbish at that..

my PSN is SPUD_1231 if anyone wants a game.. a few of us use the same account but i'm the only one who plays BC2

some major lag at the moment any one else haveing trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hows about we try and get a whole Boardsie team together, an army of 12.

Each squad has a leader, the rest of that squad listen to that leaders orders only. Leaders should be high ranked players that know the game well. If we had three strong leaders that all knew the team objective we would be pretty unstoppable.

Leaders make yourselves known, if we have alot of high ranked players they can take turns, very important that one person leads the squad though.

Hows about we try and get a whole Boardsie team together, an army of 12.

Each squad has a leader, the rest of that squad listen to that leaders orders only. Leaders should be high ranked players that know the game well. If we had three strong leaders that all knew the team objective we would be pretty unstoppable.

Leaders make yourselves known, if we have alot of high ranked players they can take turns, very important that one person leads the squad though.

level 31 here great idea lol we'll kick some ass they wont know whats hit them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

What are the odds of us all getting into one game though and on the same team :P

What are the odds of us all getting into one game though and on the same team :P

surely there must be away, we all invite each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

doubt it would be possible to get 3 squads of four on one server

2 squads of four might be possible though...

• Advertisement

Damn ye all and yer common sense :P

I'll be on after 9 and will invite all Boardsie's to a game.

Finn-MCcool

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Thought there were some good squad tips in this video, good gameplay too:

This worked for me 3 times last night......

Seen that games are getting tight as squads get skillful, then anything that gives the edge is good , well here's a good tip whilst attacking on Port Valdez.

Just before you win 2nd phase on Port Valdez and move on 3rd phase were the defenders have a Apache to defend with , get on the UAV and keep it safe and out of harms way.
    Just before you are told to "move on Base taken" you will see the Apache spawn in the distance (before defenders even get to pilot) .
    Send in a rocket from the UAV and you will blow it up , and probably a couple of wannabe pilots also :D
    Hang around and wait for it to spawn again .

Really gives the attacking side the edge if you manage to take out at lease 2 Apaches.

M.
    terms and conditions:
    All tips are given out with full knowledge that the receiver does not use same against giver, if the receiver is found guilty of using same said tip against giver , then a savere beating will be issued .

there is seriously a lack of people wit head sets on this game iv been playing a sh.it load and have not come across some one wit a head set to talk wit where as before there was quite a few people every match have people got board already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Couple of great games over the weekend. In one, we were attacking on Rush mode (Isla Innocents I think), and there was this one medic who was extremely good. There were only a handful of people actually playing sensibly, others were all hanging around the home base in recon kits looking for easy picks. This person, over and again, was able to cut thru the defense mowing down 5-6 each time, and get close to charges, but he was getting taken out with absolutely no support from the team. This one time, I got close to the base from the other side, and we both took position in a building between the bases. We both paused for a moment, I gave him more ammo, he gave me a med heal thingee, and I took out someone coming towards us, and he took out someone behind me - and off we went and armed, and disabled one charge successfully before I got killed.

It felt good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

potsy86 wrote: »
    there is seriously a lack of people wit head sets on this game iv been playing a sh.it load and have not come across some one wit a head set to talk wit where as before there was quite a few people every match have people got board already

I am having the same trouble can just get friends or american/canadians after midnight.

Will added some boardsies and see how I get on from there

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

damox1 wrote: »
    I am having the same trouble can just get friends or american/canadians after midnight.

Will added some boardsies and see how I get on from there

Add me if you want. I have a headset. My psn id is the same as my boards id

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i have a mic but i dont use it unless others are using theirs

the one thing that annoys me is fellas with mics that transmit constantly, so u hear ever breath, bacground noise, his tvs sound, doors opening, dogs barking, music playing

tis fair annoying, i use sound to try and hear if sum1 is about to knife me in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

heard good things about this game, might buy it. anyone know where the cheapest to get this game is?

ipad wrote: »
    heard good things about this game, might buy it. anyone know where the cheapest to get this game is?

Don't know the cheapest, however i do come with the advice that you shouldn't buy it second hand, you won't get the VIP map packs and what not!

• Advertisement

Probly not the cheapest, but certainly good value and quick delivery from Amazon - £36.99. Local shops are still selling at €50+.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-PS3/dp/B0021AEKP8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271753480&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Had a good few games with theshawser last night. Although the opposition were fairly **** for most games. Too scared to move up the map almost.

THink they might need to to start balancing teams a bit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya the games were good alright! In all fairness the opposition were camping in their own base when they were meant to be attacking! wtf?? They got better as the games went on and they got new players but our squad dominated!

this game is really beginning to annoy me keeps putting me in games that have started (MW2 all over) so you dont know wha the hell is going on who's where an whats what
    get killed about ten times with not one kill then by the time iv found my bearings the game is over and we've lost :mad:
    also why should you have to join a game before you want to quit it for example you've finished a round you wanna go check some stats you have to join a game first then be a quitter...?

Something strange happened last night with BC2. I was trying out Squad Death Match (first time ever), and after a couple of kills and deaths into the game, it just booted me back the the main menu with 'Single Player' selected. Could this be because of some network issue - however, usually with network issues, I have seen a specific message saying 'Connection lost.. yada yada'. This happened twice - and third time when I went in, I got like 2 kills and in the process got slaughtered half a dozen times! :cool:

its back to MW2 for me had to fork out 40 euro to buy it iv lost interest in this game now terrible lack of head set useage which i bought for the game another set back of 40 euro and its barely used cause no one ever has one its just boring when theres no boardsies to play with

Of all the alternatives be them FPS or otherwise, you chose MW2 again?

Foul play sir.

i know haha wha else is out there tho..? im rubbish at MW2 now too used to bad company little kids are kicking my ass here i only like it cause nearly every one has a mic an its a laugh buzzin of people heads in death match

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

Was in a squad with the shawser and air aussie last night, jesus we dominated them, later on in the night we were in a decent battle, had racked up a load of points and the whole squad gets kicked off the server :mad:

The lack of headsets is a problem when other boadsies arent on but overall I think the game is **** hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Don't remember getting kicked, I left to go to bed.

I've ordered a headset so i'll be someone to talk to soon.

Advertisement