Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Don't remember getting kicked, I left to go to bed.

I've ordered a headset so i'll be someone to talk to soon.

Hee hee you brought down the server with ya. "It's my server and I'm going to bed" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

See our **cough friends over in XBOX are getting some DLC . It's additinal character camo fir both uniforms and selected weapons.

Expect something for PS3 also.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/20/give-your-soldier-some-style-with-the-kit-upgrade-dlc.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Don't remember getting kicked, I left to go to bed.

I've ordered a headset so i'll be someone to talk to soon.

Yeah maybe you had gone by that stage but myself and shawsey defo got kicked out at the same time.

In work at mo should be on bout midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya good games alright damo!

Has anyone else had problems with the game just freezing? Was playing last night and it froze twice and I had to shut down the console and start again?? It's not the first time either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

ive had it happen before alright

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    ive had it happen before alright

Me also a couple of times ... Always happens if I am in thick woods . (eg) last time whilst in a tank ( in woods) on port valdez.
    Only way to resolve is reboot console .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

60Euro in Tesco..Wheres the cheapest shop guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

60Euro in Tesco..Wheres the cheapest shop guys??

Got it for 50 in gamespot. But if your willing to wait for delivery amazon have it for 40

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Finally managed to unlock everything for all classes, bar the medic - not interested in anything above the M60 at the moment ;-)....my mission now is to snipe someone out of the apache.....was able to do it when they were on the ground repairing, but want to do it as they are overhead....nearly had them last night on valdez.....maybe not today...maybe not tomorrow...but soon...**cue evil laugh fading into backround**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i managed to get a gunner one, but the pilot was terrible

any decent pilot wud be very difficult i would imagine, wud be cool to see though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

not an apache but still a good shot theres a few out there no apache but didin look too long

A welcome change ...

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/21/ch-ch-ch-changes.aspx

Highlights:
    M60 getting dummed down :)
    Apache fire power getting dummed down:)
    MP11 getting dummed down
    Certain shotgun ranges dummed down :)

Heavy MG more effective on port valdez against helis :)

and more ...

mixednuts wrote: »
    A welcome change ...

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/21/ch-ch-ch-changes.aspx

Highlights:
    M60 getting dummed down :)
    Apache fire power getting dummed down:)
    MP11 getting dummed down
    Certain shotgun ranges dummed down :)

Heavy MG more effective on port valdez against helis :)

and more ...

:mad: if it aint broken dont fix it i cant find anything wrong wit the game except the major lack of head sets and so many snipers sitting round doing feck all

I can't stand the mortar strike. It's the one thing in the game encourages camping. I'd love to see them get rid of that

theShawzer wrote: »
    I can't stand the mortar strike. It's the one thing in the game encourages camping. I'd love to see them get rid of that
    handy tho for riddin tanks and blows up comm stations when its impossible to get near them does be a rite pain if your in your new tank and some fcuker gets ya

potsy86 wrote: »
    handy tho for riddin tanks and blows up comm stations when its impossible to get near them does be a rite pain if your in your new tank and some fcuker gets ya

The mortar strike is also getting dummed down ( less vehilce damage) but will reload faster.

Potsy there is a couple of weapons that need fixing ... The M60 is ridiculously over powered , never understood wanting a sniper rifle , just get a M60 you can shoot across the map with one ??? , that's wrong !

DICE rarely get it wrong , these changes will benifit the game.

mixednuts wrote: »
    The mortar strike is also getting dummed down ( less vehilce damage) but will reload faster.

Potsy there is a couple of weapons that need fixing ... The M60 is ridiculously over powered , never understood wanting a sniper rifle , just get a M60 you can shoot across the map with one ??? , that's wrong !

DICE rarely get it wrong , these changes will benifit the game.

ah i see i never really used that thing it hopped all over the place and come to think of it i actually have been taken out from ridiculas lenghts by medics

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

BArra wrote: »
    i managed to get a gunner one, but the pilot was terrible

any decent pilot wud be very difficult i would imagine, wud be cool to see though!

I shot a guy out of a helicopter in once of my first games. I think he fell on me and killed me, because it said I suicided!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Sweet Jesus - my favorite gun the AN94 is getting an upgrade? Over distance?

Let it be known that I shall be lighting motherfcukers up, all day, every day.

I initially hated the assault class till I unlocked that gun. Its like a sniper rifle with the x4, great at close quarters and you can strap grenades to it. Ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

The G3 or the M4 are class. Small clip size but powerfull as fcuk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

CL32 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus - my favorite gun the AN94 is getting an upgrade? Over distance?

True, AN94 is my current favorite too playing Assault class. It takes some getting used to as each squeeze to the trigger seems to send out a short burst - probably makes it more accurate than others, Uzi for example.

I have noticed that you can actually kill people from considerable distances with almost any of the guns. While you can't shoot across a map like a sniper, you can still take out people and even snipers from within the boundary of one particular base, right from back/spawn area to other edge where attacking snipers usually nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Hi guys sorry if this is a repost, tired looking through all the pages but theres just too many. anywho. bought a new copy of Battlefield from Smyths and there was no sign of the VIP CODE anywhere in the box. is it on the booklet somewhere? the case was sealed when i bought it so no one would of been able to take it. have others had this problem?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hi guys sorry if this is a repost, tired looking through all the pages but theres just too many. anywho. bought a new copy of Battlefield from Smyths and there was no sign of the VIP CODE anywhere in the box. is it on the booklet somewhere? the case was sealed when i bought it so no one would of been able to take it. have others had this problem?

Cheers.

It should have been on a leaflet in the box? Take it back if you didn't get it!

Cheers.

i got mine on a separate slip of paper included with the game did you try the game and see if the extra maps have came up they might have did away with the code as the game is out a while now instead of people entering codes just giving them the maps cause they're free this is only a thought not saying it is the case but it might be i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

positron wrote: »
    True, AN94 is my current favorite too playing Assault class. It takes some getting used to as each squeeze to the trigger seems to send out a short burst - probably makes it more accurate than others, Uzi for example.

Yeah its a two round burst. The first one says hello and the second one says goodbye.

Whenever I switch to assault from another class, I always forget its burst fire. I usually end up jumping out in front of someone, let off two rounds,then just stand there as confused as the guy leisurely killing me.

Once you remember to spam the fire button you are a force to be reckoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I want this game.

It was 50e in XV, too expensive. Anywhere have it cheaper in Bricks and Mortar?

Anyone get the et tu brute? trophy legit??

Anyone get the et tu brute? trophy legit??

whats that for doing

Knife 5 people on the other team who are on your friends list.....

• Advertisement

Knife 5 people on the other team who are on your friends list.....
    oh i see lol doubt there be much legit trophys a that gong about how could you do that tho when some one joins your game arent they on your team/squad straight away or something

Advertisement