Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

nobody likes a gloater :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I just never thought id get this legit! Not that hard tbh in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was playing with ya for a little while earlier Shazer.

whats your psn id??

SaulTigh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

An overhead view of all maps is now available for download ... Must be just something you can browse ?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/05/03/battlefield-bad-company-2-map-kit-available-for-download.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Played a game yesterday for the first time in a while, the quality of the games has definitly improved, ridiculous amounts of fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

had a few good games with Boardsie's last night, must have had atleast 6 - 7 on one team with another Boardsie's on the opposite team.

The lads in my sqaud all had mic's and we fairly cleared up in the tank and chopper. Went from level 8 to 14 over weekend. Will spend some time on it today, then back to real life again *sigh*

Ha I was the poor sod that got caught on the other team for awhile! Epic games tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

just got this at the weekend, I played for 7 hours yesterday! pretty addictive stuff, love it though.

I'll have to scroll through this thread adding folks, my psn ID is pforce.

• Advertisement

Lads ,
    All the PS3 servers have now been updated with weapons and other changes .

More info here :

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/05/11/console-server-update-is-rolling-out.aspx

About time that M60 was nerfed! Was getting quite sick of seeing lvl 15's running around with 8 gold stars with the M60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Dammit, no more shotgunning people from half a mile away. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

the game has a few balancing issues.. also, i never knew what to make of the fact you can keep taking vehicles from the enemy's base leaving them nothing. i'd have thought it'd be a no-go zone

Seen that sales have hit 5million ..DICE (as a thank you , take note Infinity) are releasing a new game mode for PS3 and XBOX .

Its called "Onslaught" and its you and 3 friends against enemies on 3 specific maps ...sounds like good fun .

More info http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/05/12/battlefield-bad-company-2-brings-onslaught-as-bfbc2-reaches-5-million.aspx

I freakin love DICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I'll 2nd that. Dice rule!! Even if I feel like a noob for buying the new character skins. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

What do you think of the new DLC (skins) ? They don't seem to be great value, but maybe they are useful in some way?

They're very useful. I don't have them myself but iv'e fallen prey to their effects. Just last night i saw one fellow in a new skin, i didn't shoot at him without hesitation as i usually would as i took a second to examine him thus leading to my death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

If anyone is on now and up for some games :)

marko93101 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

They're very useful. I don't have them myself but iv'e fallen prey to their effects. Just last night i saw one fellow in a new skin, i didn't shoot at him without hesitation as i usually would as i took a second to examine him thus leading to my death.

This happened to me too, but the next time I just shot him.. so I'm not too convinced the value is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

You also get a skinned weapon in the pack, I think it's the last unlock in each class so I didn't have the M16 unlocked on assault but I can use the version from the skins pack anyway.

They actually do offer a bit more camoflage in places like Laguna Press.

Can't wait for the new mode!! Gimme gimme!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

RAIN wrote: »
    You also get a skinned weapon in the pack, I think it's the last unlock in each class so I didn't have the M16 unlocked on assault but I can use the version from the skins pack anyway.

They actually do offer a bit more camoflage in places like Laguna Press.

Can't wait for the new mode!! Gimme gimme!

My favourite online game any idea when the new modes out

Price down to €35e in HMV. Pain in the hole - only bought it for €45e last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Finished the single player yesterday, it was very enjoyable, I never really got into the online games but I tried it yesterday and found that there was just too much space, I am now stuck in two minds as to wether keep at the online or just to trade it in.

The space is the reason I like the online, hated in call of duty how you are herded down narrow passageways and there was always a guy waiting at the end to kill me.

Plus if you stick close to the flags or the rush objectives there is plenty of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Finished the single player yesterday, it was very enjoyable, I never really got into the online games but I tried it yesterday and found that there was just too much space, I am now stuck in two minds as to wether keep at the online or just to trade it in.
    I'd say maybe wait for the new onslaught mode and see what that's like before you decide. I think it might be a bit more close-packed and faster paced than e.g. rush on arica harbour. (I gotta say though, I love the space too. It does make the game slower paced than... that other game :pac:, but I think this is what makes tactics and teamwork so important. It makes it very hard to rush the enemy like a crazy lone wolf anyways)
    Have you played with any of us yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Nemanja91 wrote: »

Give the online another go seriously. The single-player missions compared to online are ****. Try and get in a squad with friends as this really shows the potential of the game.

I played the single player for while when I got it first, its not bad, but bearly touched since i got into the online mode. Not sure if I'll even finsih it really.

If you want add me -PSN -> jebuslives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Bah, hadn't played in ages but went back for a few goes tonight as I've just ordered it for a buddy. maybe I was just unlucky in the five games I played but they were laggy as hell, it was totally unplayable. I'dtake 3 steps forward and then slide back about 5. Didn't have any hope as it was I'm so rusty at it. Might give it another go later on, but I'm really put off now.

• Advertisement

I played for an hour around 9-10 and it was perfect. Maybe it was just your connection acting up.

Advertisement