Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

EGriff wrote: »
    I played for an hour around 9-10 and it was perfect. Maybe it was just your connection acting up.

Yeah hopefully, our internets haven't been the best lately. Was probably playing at a bad time too. Was afraid EA weren't supporting the servers well enough any more post-launch. Will give it a try again later. I just needed to vent last night after a few frustrating games! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

anyone looking for a bf2 squad we are irish based just started up the past week.have organised games against other european/american squads already.looking for new members active members(must have mic) preferably european(for time diffrence) for further info check out our site
    http://2thepoint.webs.com/

squadname 2Tp:2 the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anyone up for a game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I might be around later, haven't played it since the bank holiday. but damn i was getting good at it :pac:

I might be up for a game or two later, just gonna see what the lag situation is like for me, was grand earlier. Depends what game mode yer playing too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

playing a game there, racked up a lot of points then server crashes just as game is finishing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Slightly fanboy-ish - Battlefield Bad Company 2 The movie (made up stuff) teaser:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/05/18/battlefield-bad-company-2-the-movie.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Very laggy for me last night on between around 10 and 2 diving me mad, playin with two mates and they were having the same problem so it wasn't my internet, also cut off at the end of one round after i got a pretty good score,this happen anyone else last night :confused:

Anyone up for a few games later
    PSN, patosmith0209

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya do you have a headset??

Very laggy for me last night on between around 10 and 2 diving me mad, playin with two mates and they were having the same problem so it wasn't my internet, also cut off at the end of one round after i got a pretty good score,this happen anyone else last night :confused:

Anyone up for a few games later
    PSN, patosmith0209

I'll add ya there, will be on a bit. My buddy just picked up a PS3 and I got Battlefield for him, prob won't arrive till next week so I'll mainly be playing then I'd say. Will be picking up Red Dead tomorrow so will more than likely be playing that for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Will be picking up Red Dead tomorrow so will more than likely be playing that for the weekend.

For which console? Pick your words carefully sir...

For which console? Pick your words carefully sir...

For PS3, same buddy's going to get Red Dead at some stage too so going to be going for PS3 mainly these days methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Attaboy :pac:

I got on to Squad Deathmatch last night - and I had no squad! I was on my own and four other squads - eventually when it was all over, the results showed me as my own on a fifth squad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anybody know when the new game type or new maps are coming out?

THe maps are getting mighty repetitive at this stage.

Aghhhh. I have every tropht (even the dlc ones) except demolition man and it's taking forever to get them! I still only have 6 demolition 2.0 kills! So frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

theShawzer wrote: »
    Aghhhh. I have every tropht (even the dlc ones) except demolition man and it's taking forever to get them! I still only have 6 demolition 2.0 kills! So frustrating

You havent got demolition man yet my god your brutal i hope you never get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Anyone know the trade-in price for Bad Company 2 at Xtravision or Game?

You havent got demolition man yet my god your brutal i hope you never get it :D

Aw thanks for the help and concern:mad:

Just noticed the official BC2 soldier page is up an running: http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/soldier

The other one, http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/ps3/<psnid&gt; is not updating that often these days.

• Advertisement

Aargh, yet another update - it was only last week I updated some 300 MB patch for BC2, and today there's a new one - nearly 500 MB! It's probably the new VIP map modes that they have announced, and I have no intention to buy them tbh!

PS: Am I the only one here still playing BC2? :o

positron wrote: »
    and I have no intention to buy them tbh!

The VIP map packs are free. It's the new Onslaught mode etc. that's going to be paid DLC.

I still play BC2 the odd time, a buddy just picked it up. I see plenty of people on my friends list playing it too.

Yup I play it most days and so do loads of my friends. I'm just freaked cause it's taking me ages to get demolition man. I just need 7 more Demolition 2.0 kills for platinum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Aargh, yet another update - it was only last week I updated some 300 MB patch for BC2, and today there's a new one - nearly 500 MB! It's probably the new VIP map modes that they have announced, and I have no intention to buy them tbh!

Not a chance I play it all the time, stopped playing Red Dead to go back to it. GOTY contender IMO. I also got stung with that dastardly update last night. Took 25 mins! Dipped back into Halo while I was waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Downloaded the update yesterday, haven't played in a while though. Think I'll jump on tonight for a bit. It's still a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I downloaded an update (version 3 on Sunday or Monday) then last night had to download version 4 to play. WTF?

Got two triple kills in a row last night by C4ing tanks. Christ thats satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

"VIP map pack #3".. so actually 0 new maps, and 0 new map versions if you don't play the squad modes. Sounds like we get what we pay for.

FFS just having some great games and now the stupid PSN is "undergoing maintenance"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Are you mad ? I can't get off the thing , 10hrs straight yesterday :eek:

I find on RUSH these days that players are using lots of C4 on the mcoms .. They are lasting fook all time .

Just as I predicted this game is maturing greatly , lots of great experienced players = cracking games :)

Advertisement