Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm considering getting rid of it because I'm playing it too much. Awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

I keep losing connection to the server. Not a NAT problem, not an ISP problem. It's an EA problem. Anyone got a trade-in value for BC 2 yet, considering the Project $10 dollar thing might be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Am I the only person noticing lag lately? I never got lag in this until the other day and some of my friends are noticing it aswell. Why this sudden change??

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

theShawzer wrote: »
    Am I the only person noticing lag lately? I never got lag in this until the other day and some of my friends are noticing it aswell. Why this sudden change??
    Well, I always seem to get it when updates are released, usually for a day or two afterwards. I think the time of day is a factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Comes and goes for me.
    Has been happening since the first update. Can even happen in the middle of a game, then go away.

Still a great game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Ah, glad to see I am not the only one! Definitly GOTY for me! I tried GoW III, and instantly missed zoom-in scope vision and trigger, and I immediately returned to BC2. GoW III is lying there gathering dust since.

I only have an hour or so every evening to play BC2, and effing PSN maintenance yesterday ruined that too. Day before that was wasted updating the game over my "drip-band" internet connection. Sigh...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Definitly worse since last update .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

100% GOTY

Some real fooking fools on line but...

Playing rush ( port valdez) defending , MCOMS not lasting piss all time so I decided to see how attackers were planting C4.
    To my shock I found a team "mate" planting C4 (x6)
    blowing up / reloading and do it again , destroying his own MCOM .. Why ?...

So he could hurry the 1st two stages to get into the Apache :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Was gagging for some last night stupid PSN. Would love rush on Panama Canal, one of the best maps in any game ever. I could play it indefinitely.

Also I love sniper hunting on the first Mcom on port Valedez, so many times I've knifed nests of snipers on that first hill. Dopes!

I only get to play an hour or two a night and I can't bring myself to play anything else because there isn't anything quite as rewarding as BC2 out there at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

mixednuts wrote: »
    100% GOTY

Some real fooking fools on line but...

Playing rush ( port valdez) defending , MCOMS not lasting piss all time so I decided to see how attackers were planting C4.
    To my shock I found a team "mate" planting C4 (x6)
    blowing up / reloading and do it again , destroying his own MCOM .. Why ?...

So he could hurry the 1st two stages to get into the Apache :rolleyes::mad:

Yer joking what an idiot ye should of stuck c4 on to the apache befor he got into it:D

• Advertisement

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/10/prepare-for-the-onslaught.aspx
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is bringing Battlefield's first co-op mode to consoles with Onslaught mode. Up to 4 players can tackle the new objective based missions posting your best times on the co-op leaderboards as well as the chance to obtain new achievements and trophies. Onslaught will be available from June 22nd on Xbox 360 for 800 MS Points and on the PlayStation Network in North America for $9.99 followed by the European PlayStation Network on June 23rd for 8.99€.

Also this month, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for those players who don't have time to spend levelling up to unlock all the kit specific items but still want to be competitive with those who have unlocked everything. The Kit Shortcuts will give you the unlocks available for kit each kit while still allowing you to progress through the ranking system as normal and will be available for 560 MS Points/$6.99 individually or if you want the whole bundle of kit shortcuts including the 7 available vehicle unlocks, 1600 MS Points on Xbox Live and $19.99/17.99€. The Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox Live Worldwide and European PlayStation Network from 16th June with the North American PlayStation Network having access to the shortcuts from 22nd June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I would'nt like the kit shortcut thing. Personally i think unlocking stuff makes it more fun to play while you level.

New expansion maps coming in Winter 2010 - Bad Company 2 Vietnam!!!!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/14/prepare-to-head-to-the-jungle-in-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam.aspx

Looks brilliant! I just hope it's not too expensive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Want.

Also it looks like Medal Of Honor multiplayer could be classed as expansion too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

MOH looks friggin awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Vietnam pack sounds excellent, BF Vietnam is one of my favourite games so I'm definitely getting the BC2 expansion.

Maybe they could use the soundtrack from BFV too.. Nowhere to run, baby!

Ya I've only just remembered that dice are behind the multiplayer! Can't wait for MOH now.

What exactly is gonna be in the Vietnam expansion?

What exactly is gonna be in the Vietnam expansion?

BC2 blog says 4 new maps, new weapons, new vehicles and new challenges, pins & trophies. :D

The MoH one looks like a cross between BC2 and MW2. Not that thats a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

positron wrote: »
    BC2 blog says 4 new maps, new weapons, new vehicles and new challenges, pins & trophies. :D

f/s man :confused:now they come up w/ some new maps.. got bored w/ the same ones weeks ago n traded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Well is onslaught mode any good

Well is onslaught mode any good

It got a 6/10 from eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/battlefield-bad-company-2-onslaught-review?page=1

Does'nt really seem worth the price it's going for.

I think it's a good buy. It is a whole new mode afterall and it's cheaper than most other games dlc. Just look at what MW2 are charging for a map pack

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

How much is it?

I thought it was free.... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

How much is it?

€8.99 :o

I think it's a good buy. It is a whole new mode afterall and it's cheaper than most other games dlc. Just look at what MW2 are charging for a map pack

I still think it's a bit expensive for what it is. As far as i know the maps are pretty much the same so it's effectively 8.99 for a co-op mode and little else.

I still think it's a bit expensive for what it is. As far as i know the maps are pretty much the same so it's effectively 8.99 for a co-op mode and little else.

Actually the one thing I will say about it is that the download was only 100kb and took literally 3 seconds to download and I've slow broadband. Can I assume that a download this size was only unlocking something that was already on the disk?

Actually the one thing I will say about it is that the download was only 100kb and took literally 3 seconds to download and I've slow broadband. Can I assume that a download this size was only unlocking something that was already on the disk?

I think the previous two updates contained the bulk of what was needed for Onslaught. But given it's just using the maps that are already there it would'nt have been a whole lot anyway.

• Advertisement

Anybody else keep getting kicked from the servers while playing Onslaught?

Advertisement