Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

positron wrote: »
    Who would have thought you could ride a UAV?!! Not very useful but fun nonetheless.

Was only achievable in the BETA & DEMO ..patched since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

How do you pick a map specifically? I keep getting all maps in rotation, and I didn't know I could pick one specific map.

When you go to pick a game type, it should say 'Map: ALL' underneath.

Just scroll to the map you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Iv been getting kicked from games left right and center lately which keeps dropping my skill level it's happening at least 3 times every day wtf's going on with the server's :mad:

For the last week or so I`ve been kicked off so many times, I get in a game for what seems about 5mins every time then I lose connection, I`ve never had any problems with BC2 only in the last week or so and its drivin me nuts, anyone else having the same problem? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Has anyone else experieced the weird knife " glitch " ?
    Where you knife someone really close to you sometimes even hit them and nothing happens the majority of the time they end up knifing you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Where you knife someone really close to you sometimes even hit them and nothing happens the majority of the time they end up knifing you

i have really annoying, the knifing system is totally wrong anyway takes 2 seconds for him to get it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Yeah its happened to me a few times. Its only happened since the last update for some reason. I actually think the Knife system is better the COD because its at least some bit realistic that you take it out and actually stab someone as apposed to just seeing a blade flash on screen for a sec.

In one game last night I couldn't set off my C4. Trying to get the Destruction trophy is one annoying bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

RAIN wrote: »
    In one game last night I couldn't set off my C4. Trying to get the Destruction trophy is one annoying bastard.

I had big problems with that aswell. In the end I found I got the most Destruction 2.0 by playing squad deathmatch on nelson bay and mortar striking the most popular buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

theShawzer wrote: »
    I had big problems with that aswell. In the end I found I got the most Destruction 2.0 by playing squad deathmatch on nelson bay and mortar striking the most popular buildings

I've ended up killing myself and team mates more time than enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Don't know if this is a but with calling in Mortar or if it's just me - a number of times when I call in mortar strike, rather than the target that I had in my viewfinder, the mortar strikes on me :confused: killing me with embarassing EPIC FAIL message!

Anyone else seen this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Don't know if this is a but with calling in Mortar or if it's just me - a number of times when I call in mortar strike, rather than the target that I had in my viewfinder, the mortar strikes on me :confused: killing me with embarassing EPIC FAIL message!

Anyone else seen this?

I've got that once or twice. I think it was because i was doing it through a bush and it must of targetted the bush i was in rather than the building i was trying to target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I know this is bit old but finally got my ps3 running with a nice HDTV, and am looking for demo of this on PSN but cant find it. Is it still available?

EDIT: never mind found it lol

Playing conquest on Port Valdez yesterday evening, near the flag B, there was a guy on a anti-air type gun, and I was on his right, and I emptied an entire magazine of a AN-94 on staraight on to his head, and while I was reloading, he just turned around and shot me down - just like that. Unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Playing conquest on Port Valdez yesterday evening, near the flag B, there was a guy on a anti-air type gun, and I was on his right, and I emptied an entire magazine of a AN-94 on staraight on to his head, and while I was reloading, he just turned around and shot me down - just like that. Unbelievable!!

probadly a terminator lol

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

theShawzer wrote: »
    I've seen you play........... I bet you weren't drunk when you got that score!

How does a game go platinum anyway?

Ha what a wank3r ill over take you soon enough if ye keep that trophie hunting fetish going:D

Squad Deathmatch servers are getting rather quiet lately. A couple of times over the weekend, I ended up in the only squad in the map - and people started acting strange - just shooting and knifing each other of the squad and trying out various weapons etc.

And oh, every time my squad wins, I will get the message 'Your Team Lost...' and vice versa. Guess they haven't gotten around to fixing that yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Anyone else seen this?

I get that loads of times, even if the building is right in front of me, it still comes down on me. First I thought it was the distance and I`ve gotten some strike from ways away, but there would be nothing in front of me and then I mortar meself, I would`nt mind if there was a epic fail badge you`d get if you did it loads times, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

And oh, every time my squad wins, I will get the message 'Your Team Lost...' and vice versa. Guess they haven't gotten around to fixing that yet.

I've been getting that a lot lately as well but when playing Rush or Conquest. I't not just when i win but when i lose as well it'll play the "Your Team wins" screen.

It used to only happen the odd time before but it's gotten more frequent lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya seems to me that the devs aren't supporting and maintaining it like they did when it was first released

Lads ,

Anyone now how to stop the parachute from opening when you spawn ?

You know say on Port Valdez when you first spawn and parachute down , how do you cancel the parachute so I can open it just before I hit the ground

I managed to do it on a couple of occasions (by fluke) but would like to know if its possible all the time ?
    Gives you a great edge to get the quad and plant C4 before the defenders know whats going on .

M.

I've been getting that a lot lately as well but when playing Rush or Conquest. I't not just when i win but when i lose as well it'll play the "Your Team wins" screen.

It used to only happen the odd time before but it's gotten more frequent lately.

Yea noticed this alright , only happens/glitch on the new rush mode (desert) ...we really kicked ass when defending and the attackers never even blew a MCOM .Next we see "YOUR TEAM LOST" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Really loving this game at the moment - stopped playing it a while back or about 6 weeks but back with a vengeance now.

Had some super games last night, destroying the other teams, i love the games that go the wire.

I do see a lot of stupidity on the PS3 version though, I used to play BF2 on the PC many moons ago, but all in all really enjoy this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm a bit slow on the uptake. It was between BC2 and MW2, I decided to go for BC2 ,seems as most people online seem to highly rate it. I hope i made the right decision :)

Definitely, you can't go wrong with BC2!

mixednuts wrote: »
    Lads ,

Anyone now how to stop the parachute from opening when you spawn ?

You know say on Port Valdez when you first spawn and parachute down , how do you cancel the parachute so I can open it just before I hit the ground

I managed to do it on a couple of occasions (by fluke) but would like to know if its possible all the time ?
    Gives you a great edge to get the quad and plant C4 before the defenders know whats going on .

M.

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

More new maps/modes coming tomorrow. White Pass rush and Nelson Bay conquest.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163073

Nice one!

Definitely, you can't go wrong with BC2!

your right, its awesome. Been playing for about 3 hours now. Mostly played multiplayer, but played an hour of single player. The single player is cool, multiplayer is awesome. Everyone is much better than me tho, but I'm getting there :D

thorbarry wrote: »
    Everyone is much better than me tho, but I'm getting there :D

Ah, that's okay, once you start unlocking more powerful guns and gadgets, you will be invincible - well, for a few seconds anyway! :D

Ah, that's okay, once you start unlocking more powerful guns and gadgets, you will be invincible - well, for a few seconds anyway! :D

haha i'm getting there, hopefully clock up some more hours later.

Whats the story with the game layout, im a bit confused as its the first battlefield game i've played. I've been playing Rush online. Is it, one team attacks, the other defends A and B. But there are 3 A and B's? I'm probably not making sense :pac:

AH i didnt know there was a difference with the pre-owned and new copies. I got mine pre-owned and dont get the VIP code :( If anyone has a spare one (unlikely I know) I'll take it off your hands :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

thorbarry wrote: »
    haha i'm getting there, hopefully clock up some more hours later.

Whats the story with the game layout, im a bit confused as its the first battlefield game i've played. I've been playing Rush online. Is it, one team attacks, the other defends A and B. But there are 3 A and B's? I'm probably not making sense :pac:

Yep, there are three phases to the Rush games. Once the attackers take the first A and B you move onto the next part and so on.

Haven't played in a month or two now, should really get back into it. Main reason I haven't is cos I can't find my mic... anyone know if there's many using them?

Advertisement