Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yep, there are three phases to the Rush games. Once the attackers take the first A and B you move onto the next part and so on.

Haven't played in a month or two now, should really get back into it. Main reason I haven't is cos I can't find my mic... anyone know if there's many using them?

cool thanks for clearing that up. How do the defenders win tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

thorbarry wrote: »
    cool thanks for clearing that up. How do the defenders win tho?

The attackers start with a certain number of "tickets" (dont know the technical term). The defenders deplete these "tickets" by killing the attackers and holding onto the A and B stations as long as possible.

The tickets are then replenished when A and B are destroyed and the game moves onto the next phase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Main reason I haven't is cos I can't find my mic... anyone know if there's many using them?

Almost never hear mics when I join random games. I came across maybe 2 squads in the last month or so that had people talking in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

The attackers start with a certain number of "tickets" (dont know the technical term).

Good guess! That is the technical term

EGriff wrote: »
    Almost never hear mics when I join random games. I came across maybe 2 squads in the last month or so that had people talking in them.

Ah right, was probably just when playing with boardsies that it was used then... looks like I'll be back sooner than I thought
    theShawzer wrote: »
    Good guess! That is the technical term

Sweet!! :p was going to call them "spawns" but thought it didn't sound right

• Advertisement

This game is awesome, still trying to get to grips with it. If i quit a game half way through, do i still get the points I earned?

AH i didnt know there was a difference with the pre-owned and new copies. I got mine pre-owned and dont get the VIP code If anyone has a spare one (unlikely I know) I'll take it off your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

AH i didnt know there was a difference with the pre-owned and new copies. I got mine pre-owned and dont get the VIP code If anyone has a spare one (unlikely I know) I'll take it off your hands

You might have a hard time finding a spare code but you can still buy VIP access but it's fairly expensive i think.

You might have a hard time finding a spare code but you can still buy VIP access but it's fairly expensive i think.

Yea, i think so. Cant believe, If i had of known I would have bought a new copy. Whats the vip maps like anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Yea, i think so. Cant believe, If i had of known I would have bought a new copy. Whats the vip maps like anyway?

The maps are usually just rejigged versions of already available maps. For example one of the ones released this morning, Nelson pass in conquest mode, was already available for Rush mode but they just took that map and adapted it for Conquest mode. It's the same story with other VIP maps. They're usually just recycled.

That said with the VIP code people are getting them for free so it's hard to complain too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

mixednuts wrote: »
    Anyone ?

Pretty sure you just tap X

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

BC2 is not all fighting either!! Looks at this bunch of messers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

thats great, almost makes me want to try the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

thats unreal! Haven't played the game in a while now. must get back into it

People are getting really creative out there with BC2 :D

BC2 - No Man Left Behind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

positron wrote: »
    People are getting really creative out there with BC2 :D

BC2 - No Man Left Behind!

Seen this last week and was really impressed . All footage taken and edited from game (mostly MP) , but when you think about it the game looks beautiful so 80% of the movie is there .
    Some creative editing , sound track & patience .. You get a great movie clip.

M

(ps)A little off thread , but here is another funny movie clip from an old favourite game of mine RSV2.

Tried to get into games tonight crackshot but my connection seems to keep dropping... took me ages to even sign in the 2nd time

affecting the laptop now too so maybe i need a word with the landlord and get him to reset the system

I'll be on tomorrow night if anyone is up for a game? PSN is genisis87

dumb dumb here clicked it off :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'll be on tomorrow night if anyone is up for a game? PSN in sig

You have no sig.:p

Add me...I need to stab some friends...;)

EDIT: Now thats weird...The post I quoted has no sig. in it...but a few posts back there is a post with your facebook, twitter and PSN in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Getting a bit pissed over the knife kills, they just don't allways work since the last update. Just happens that i'm trying to get my 200 knife kills aswell!!! Fix it dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

weve cousins stayin over and one of them likes to hijack my battlefield profile and randomly kill his teamates so be wary. ill hopefully be on all day long which is unusual for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I sorted out my connection issue with BC2, my games were lasting about 5 to 10 mins, I had to put my ps3 ip into a dmz, heard of it not working for a few people but I tried it and it seems to be holding a good connection, might be handy to try if someone is having similar issues.

played this a bit more today. Almost at L4, im happy with that :)

The game's great, im even thinking of buying the VIP code

C4 on RUSH mode is the new rage ;)

Gah! had awful lag tonight... probably just me as well cos its taken me 5 minutes to load the page to post this

Hate my internet connection :(stupid magnet broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I've been kicked out of 5 different games in the space of ten minutes because I lost my Internet connection my connection is fine what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I've been kicked out of 5 different games in the space of ten minutes because I lost my Internet connection my connection is fine what the hell?

Ye this was happening a lot yesterday I was playing with 3 friend and one of those is in America and it happened to all of us :mad: also when we got back into games we were all level 1 with none of our gun's or special's and if you changed your kit after you died it deleated your score!!!!

But on a positive note finally got all of my pin's and only need another 10000 point's before I reach level 30 woohoo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've been playing this fairly regularly since launch but I only started playing as a medic in the last few days. It's like playing on easy mode, if you see someone they're dead. No wonder you see so many medics running around.

I'm seeing lots of squads full of engineers lately too though.

I got teamed killed last night by a squad member whilst i was running to board a Tank , he wanted it so shot me in the back .:rolleyes::mad:

Soooooo really pissed I changed to Medic .
    Spawned on the little bitch and killed him , revived him , killed him, revived him, killed him , revived him , killed him ...got kicked from the game .

Started a new game only to be ported straight back into the game I was kicked from :D ... found him again (different squad ) and killed him , revived him , killed him, revived him, killed him , revived him , killed him ...got kicked from the game .

I never team kill , but I taught that little fook a lesson .

M.

mixednuts wrote: »
    I got teamed killed last night by a squad member whilst i was running to board a Tank , he wanted it so shot me in the back .:rolleyes::mad:

Soooooo really pissed I changed to Medic .
    Spawned on the little bitch and killed him , revived him , killed him, revived him, killed him , revived him , killed him ...got kicked from the game .

Started a new game only to be ported straight back into the game I was kicked from :D ... found him again (different squad ) and killed him , revived him , killed him, revived him, killed him , revived him , killed him ...got kicked from the game .

I never team kill , but I taught that little fook a lesson .

M.

Some fooker stabbed me last night cos he wanted to get on the UAV, when I died I came back as an assault class with a shotgun and C4. Waited for the UAV to be taken out and as he ran away I took him out with some carefully placed C4 stuck to him. As I was an assault class I refilled my C4 so there was lots and I mean lots stuck to him :D

• Advertisement

So, you are all playing hardcore mode all the time?

Advertisement