Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I just join in matches that other boardsies are playing...if its hardcore then so be it. But when I'm choosing match types I avoid it. Too many team kills :(

by accident obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

positron wrote: »
    So, you are all playing hardcore mode all the time?

Only way I play .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Was just Reading up on the onslaught addition. Reviews aren't very good seems to be just a re hash of the maps. But guess I should be use to that. Anybody here buy it? Was it worth it? When is the Vietnam pack coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Level 30 :D Just over 100 hours say it'll take more than double that to reach 50 tho, Dont think she's gonna be too happy with it but :p ah well she bought it for me hahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Was just Reading up on the onslaught addition. Reviews aren't very good seems to be just a re hash of the maps. But guess I should be use to that. Anybody here buy it? Was it worth it? When is the Vietnam pack coming out?

You can get the Onslaught mode with a Battlefield 1942 multiplayer mode for 17.99 on PSN. I bought this package but have'nt tried the Onslaught mode yet. The Battlefield 1942 multiplayer is pretty enjoyable though although you only have 3 classes and 4 maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

The Battlefield 1942 multiplayer is pretty enjoyable though although you only have 3 classes and 4 maps.

And ancient weapons..! But still a fantastic game though! I haven't played it in months, but I remember flying around just looking at the scenery and cloudscape. :D

wwwmark1 - did you get to level 50 yet? I joined you for a couple of games and a few against you (not sure how that happened) - you were close to being my nemesis in one of them I think.

Got to Platinum with Medic M60 LMG - not sure which gun to pick next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is there a way to see what my gun stats are, without having to exit the game I'm in? Trying to get some missing bronze stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Just add your PSN here http://bfbcs.com/ps3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is there a way to see what my gun stats are, without having to exit the game I'm in? Trying to get some missing bronze stars.

I use this site for stats, etc...

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/

• Advertisement

Had a great couple of games of late with a couple of boardsies, getting back into it.

Went 24-0 on a squad deathmatch - was driving a tank for the entire time, all my sqaud was in the tank and none of us died. Even think that someone else on my team got more kills than me.

The other squads must have been pants!

Not many people using mics still though.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Had a great couple of games of late with a couple of boardsies, getting back into it.

Went 24-0 on a squad deathmatch - was driving a tank for the entire time, all my sqaud was in the tank and none of us died. Even think that someone else on my team got more kills than me.

The other squads must have been pants!

Not many people using mics still though.

Add me psn.patosmith0209 probably have 6 or 7 mates that I play this with and we all use mic's don't enjoy it nearly as much playin without it tho we mainly play rush or conquest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

squad rush is the best.. just a 4 Vs 4. Even better when playing with strangers.. really can be a laugh trying to work together when it turns into a 4 against 2 situation!

After looking at upcoming medals in BFBCS page, I went into a game looking to get just one G3 kill - Port Valdez Conquest and there were a couple of muppets (jealous) flying Helos circling overhead and killing anything that moves! Killed before you finish spawning! Ended up with 0-6 in the end! :mad:

After looking at upcoming medals in BFBCS page, I went into a game looking to get just one G3 kill - Port Valdez Conquest and there were a couple of muppets (jealous) flying Helos circling overhead and killing anything that moves! Killed before you finish spawning! Ended up with 0-6 in the end! :mad:

Yea played Port Valdez Conquest last night for the first time. Not sure I like it, seems very linear and reliant on vehicles. Hard to get around the enemy to get A or C if you don't have B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yea played Port Valdez Conquest last night for the first time. Not sure I like it, seems very linear and reliant on vehicles. Hard to get around the enemy to get A or C if you don't have B.

But it's fun to place a few antitank mines on the roads there, and then watch the fireworks.

Yes, certainly heavy on vehicles, and who ever gets into the chopper first has the advantage. Once you are flying, you can take out the stationary AT guns at the other base too, and then you are fairly safe for a while.

However, there are of places to hide / sneak up from, so it's good in that way.

On other news, Vietnam maps - map pack 6 is coming out next week, according BFBC2 blog. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

just got the game, my first two mutliplayer games didn't get a single kill, third game i got 4-9, i played deathmatch and to be honest I am not sure what the feck I am doing.......what is the best strategy to use? run around looking for enemies or stay in one spot and wait for them to pass? seems to be very little teamwork going on too and finally the ranking up system seems hard, i get 4 kills, get something like 250 points and I need 6,500 to get to rank 2, jesus that's about 130 kills...tips and guidance for a beginner needed please

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

there's no real ' best ' strategy you have to play a different way almost each time and for teamwork to be at max it's best to play with friends who have mics or friends who know how to use their classes

For example medics who will heal you rather than laugh at you when you die and people who give you ammo instead of running away from gunfire

I have all Classes and weapons unlocked I have G3 with almost every class except Recon M1911 depending on what class I have for attachments

Then I run around like some lunatic firing from the hip and coming in ethier 1st 2nd or 3rd in almost every game

I can give you alot of tips but its best to play a few more games and get a feel for the game

Here's a funny video but it has some good tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

One tip i can give you is don't think of it as being like Call Of Duty. You can get more points from things like healing/reviving as a medic, repairing as an engineer, capturing flags in conquest, destroying/defending objectives in rush. Killing enemies isnt the be all and end all of it.

Also make sure you're in a squad. You'll be able to spawn on your teammates when you die and you get bonus points for healing/reviving/repairing you squad members.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Good video.
    I didn't know about the select button, only thought that the recon did the "enemy spotting".

donfers wrote: »
    what is the best strategy to use? run around looking for enemies or stay in one spot and wait for them to pass?

Not that I am any good at this, but from what I have seen, it's better to keep moving when you are playing BC2. If you pause, you are likely to be taken out by snipers, and also slow players makes easier targets for other classes too. Always move cover to cover though - stay under/behind something as much as you can. And trees and bushes are better than houses/buildings - but avoid most obvious places because half of the other team might be looking there for you anyway!

"Chain Smoker" - have a look at the UAV skills here!

"Chain Smoker" - have a look at the UAV skills here!

Is he using the primary weapon for the UAV? Cos it seems his missiles are coming in very quick.

Usually I have to wait 10-15 seconds for the missile to come in. Am I doing something wrong? Or is he fast forwarding parts?

I know there is a secondary machine gun you can use but he doesn't seem to be using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Really want to get back into this but I can't find the disk anywhere, I know it's in the RDR box but no idea where it got too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've gotten back into this in the last two/three weeks... only a few things bother me now.
    • People planting C4 on the UAV and flying it into the mcom station.
    • Having a team full of idiots that don't seem too bothered when the mcoms are about to blow up
    • Idiots that blow up their own mcom stations...or the building that houses the mcom

I got serious issues with idiots :o need a game with some sensible players i.e. boardsies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Anyone ever had a problem with all your unlocks dissappearing ?! :/ On leaderboard im still rank 29 et al but ingame its as if Im rank 0 all from fresh! Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Fenix wrote: »
    Anyone ever had a problem with all your unlocks dissappearing ?! :/ On leaderboard im still rank 29 et al but ingame its as if Im rank 0 all from fresh! Any ideas ?

Yep, happened to me and a friend.

Don't know what's causing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I think the BC2 servers or what not cant handle all this activity, you would think with the extra maps that if would have eased up a little, but no...
    What really gets me is in the dessert map, people race for the chopper then fly around in circles constantly, now I know how people get there high ranks, playing chicken **** up in there choppers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

it'll be savage the ea centre is up and running in galway.

hopefully that will sort out the server problems

Advertisement