Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

mayotobo wrote: »
    it'll be savage the ea centre is up and running in galway.

hopefully that will sort out the server problems

looking forward to that alright.

is there a clan set up for the ps bad company 2 online at all lads?

i don't know anybody else that plays it online in my friends and wouldn't mind playing as part of a team if there is room:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

donfers wrote: »
    just got the game, my first two mutliplayer games didn't get a single kill, third game i got 4-9, i played deathmatch and to be honest I am not sure what the feck I am doing.......what is the best strategy to use? run around looking for enemies or stay in one spot and wait for them to pass? seems to be very little teamwork going on too and finally the ranking up system seems hard, i get 4 kills, get something like 250 points and I need 6,500 to get to rank 2, jesus that's about 130 kills...tips and guidance for a beginner needed please

Hi! Here is my take on the game from a beginners perspective...

First I have to stress that these are my own experiences, the game does not really have a set walkthrough.

In terms of getting a good kill count I have a couple of favorite maps that I play alot and from sheer experience I know where to expect the enemy. You cant really say it is better to camp out and wait for enemies to pass or move about as each round is different, you have to judge for yourself where the action is and then find the best position to capitalize..obviously it goes without saying that you need to limit your exposure at all costs...e.g. stay off roads/clearings, go through buildings/forests where possible etc.

I dont agree that the points and ranking system is that difficult, however it does take ALOT of hard work in a round to achieve high scores. It's important not to get tunnel visioned so that you think you can only score by killing an enemy, theres is a huge swathe of scores to be attained through capturing objectives, pins, insignias, class specific skills such as ammo resupply, medic and spotting of course.

With the above in mind, simply camping out hiding, picking off the odd target will not yield you many points. I'd consider myself a gung-ho player...I cant count the number of times I've ran at a house full of enemies and downed 3 or more before throwing a grenade off just as I was killed to kill me another followed by watching your score rack up with double and triple kill scores.

Best way to increase your score quickly is to focus on getting many kills with one weapon, once you get a required amount of kills you'll be rewarded with bronze/silver/gold/platinum stars. Gold stars will nett you 5000 points. I think they are about the fastest way to get big chunks of points for not too much effort.

http://bfbcs.com/ is my favorite BFBC2 site, just find your player and you'll see on your homepage whats the next achievement you're closest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Had a pretty strange incident in Atacama Desert (conquest) last night. I saw some guys hiding behind a container near the "B" flag in the middle, so I lobbed a grenade at them. Nothing happened, but someone else killed me. I respawned in the base, and then after 15 seconds or so I first got "Vechile damage +30", then "Vechile Destroyed +100" with the hand grenade I had thrown earlier, and also a triple kill.. 330 points in all.

Any idea what happened? I'm thinking the grenade blew up some mines or something, but why did it take 20 seconds for it to go off..

Obviously I didn't see any of it since I had already respawned elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

something similar has happened to me a few times in the past

has to be some kind of bug

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Would this clan be tag hunting crazy at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Polar101 wrote: »
    Had a pretty strange incident in Atacama Desert (conquest) last night. I saw some guys hiding behind a container near the "B" flag in the middle, so I lobbed a grenade at them. Nothing happened, but someone else killed me. I respawned in the base, and then after 15 seconds or so I first got "Vechile damage +30", then "Vechile Destroyed +100" with the hand grenade I had thrown earlier, and also a triple kill.. 330 points in all.

Any idea what happened? I'm thinking the grenade blew up some mines or something, but why did it take 20 seconds for it to go off..

Obviously I didn't see any of it since I had already respawned elsewhere.

The BC2 servers are getting worse by the day, I clearly run people over and they dont die, empty round after round into them and nothing, needs to be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I am still (since day 1) getting kill assists when i know for a fact they are not deserved .

I keep getting stuck at the loading screen after a game ends. Needs a reboot to sort ?

got thrown out of 2 games earlier on for no reason, very annoying these servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

looking forward to that alright.

is there a clan set up for the ps bad company 2 online at all lads?

i don't know anybody else that plays it online in my friends and wouldn't mind playing as part of a team if there is room:p

Not really a clan as such. But there is a couple of lads that play together.
    Add me if you like - jebuslives

• Advertisement

Yep ...BFBC2 Servers are starting to crrrreeeeeekkk .:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

i bought this second hand, im going to get €20 psn credit, should i buy the vip code its €12, is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Anyone thinking of picking this game up should really go for the Battlefield Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ya that's an absolute bargain at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Its hard to find a few people who are willing to work as a team, I think you have to have a mic thing going, but no one seems to want to talk on it and the people who do have mic`s dont talk and all you hear is stuff in the backround like....Paddy get off that game, or your tea`s ready Johnny, lol

Great my whole on line rank is missing , back to private 1 :eek:

mixednuts wrote: »
    Great my whole on line rank is missing , back to private 1 :eek:

same thing happened to me an hour ago lost all my unlocks too! tired restarting the game a few times,was on about 400 points and went back to 0 ingame which was a bit of a bummer

is there an email address you can make a complaint?

lewis wrote: »
    Its hard to find a few people who are willing to work as a team, I think you have to have a mic thing going, but no one seems to want to talk on it and the people who do have mic`s dont talk and all you hear is stuff in the backround like....Paddy get off that game, or your tea`s ready Johnny, lol

or a dog barking in the distance when a tank is firing at you?!

thats a funny one i experienced:D

same thing happened to me an hour ago lost all my unlocks too! tired restarting the game a few times,was on about 400 points and went back to 0 ingame which was a bit of a bummer

is there an email address you can make a complaint?

If u get an email address let me know please

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

anyone up for a boardsies game at around 7 or 8 this evenin?

just to get a group of us playing at the one time. just an idea

• Advertisement

would love to but doing marathon study sessions all week as have banking exam on sat.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I will if we get a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

i just got reset to rank 0 whats the story with that, all my weapons are gone too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Is there a Boards clan? I have just started playing this game and really loving it, though I do feel that it requries some team work and actual communication compared to the run n' gun fest of COD although every time I join a random game there is silence on the mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ledmanroy

Ye my profile went to rank 0 for a while and i was stuck with basic weapons, whats goin on???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

sarumite wrote: »
    Is there a Boards clan? I have just started playing this game and really loving it, though I do feel that it requries some team work and actual communication compared to the run n' gun fest of COD although every time I join a random game there is silence on the mics.

IRL...on XBOX360 though.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851540

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Add me lads if ye get a chance. Im up for a bitta communication! Just got the game today . Liking it so far.

Also play BF 1943 :)

For all of you Recon who think your Snipers :rolleyes: ....

If you really want to help your squad get yourself a tracer dart and try this ..

There is a great little tip in that if you are scoping with your Sniper rifle and have a person(s) or vehicle in the very far distance , switch immediately to your tracer dart and shoot , when i say immediately I mean scope , switch fire (within a second) .
    Because there is no bullet drop on the tracer dart it will hit whatever was on your rifle scope , no matter what the distance .

This will then let the Engineer class fire off a RPG from a massive distance and kill whatever you tracer darted .

This tactic will get multiple kills , if you tracer dart at the start of a round there is an excellent chance the person you tracer darted will have up to 3 persons spawning on them .
    They wont know what hit them as RPG's will be flying from one side of the map to the other and hitting them on the button .

If your playing with a friend try it ! .... One of you be Recon (tracer dart ) One be Engineer (fire RPG's)

Its really effective , the trick is to Scope , Switch (Tracer dart) , Fire .

M.

mixednuts wrote: »
    For all of you Recon who think your Snipers :rolleyes: ....

If you really want to help your squad get yourself a tracer dart and try this ..

There is a great little tip in that if you are scoping with your Sniper rifle and have a person(s) or vehicle in the very far distance , switch immediately to your tracer dart and shoot , when i say immediately I mean scope , switch fire (within a second) .
    Because there is no bullet drop on the tracer dart it will hit whatever was on your rifle scope , no matter what the distance .

This will then let the Engineer class fire off a RPG from a massive distance and kill whatever you tracer darted .

This tactic will get multiple kills , if you tracer dart at the start of a round there is an excellent chance the person you tracer darted will have up to 3 persons spawning on them .
    They wont know what hit them as RPG's will be flying from one side of the map to the other and hitting them on the button .

If your playing with a friend try it ! .... One of you be Recon (tracer dart ) One be Engineer (fire RPG's)

Its really effective , the trick is to Scope , Switch (Tracer dart) , Fire .

M.

cheers for that. will try it.

Just got my ass handed to me and my mates by a level 50 in a tank on the long desert level, what would ye guys us or find the best angle to take him out?

Tank fire and stationary weapons just don't dut it unfortunatley. very frustrating

• Advertisement

video from Tokyo Game Show for BC2 VIetnam...

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/
    info includes...

* 4 maps
    * Map in video - Phu Bai Valley. Spawns - A. Village, B. Camp, C. Crash Site, VC Deployment
    * North Vietnamese Army & US Army
    * New medic gadget - syringe
    * Coming on PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 "later this Winter"
    * 6 older vehicles including Huey helicopter
    * HUD now has compass
    * Tank gunner can aim much higher to take out helicopters

Weapons Observed from Video:
    RPG-7 AT
    AK47 (Assault Primary)
    TT-33 (Pistol)
    M79 (Assault Gadget)
    PPSh