Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

video from Tokyo Game Show for BC2 VIetnam...

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/
    info includes...

* 4 maps
    * Map in video - Phu Bai Valley. Spawns - A. Village, B. Camp, C. Crash Site, VC Deployment
    * North Vietnamese Army & US Army
    * New medic gadget - syringe
    * Coming on PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 "later this Winter"
    * 6 older vehicles including Huey helicopter
    * HUD now has compass
    * Tank gunner can aim much higher to take out helicopters

Weapons Observed from Video:
    RPG-7 AT
    AK47 (Assault Primary)
    TT-33 (Pistol)
    M79 (Assault Gadget)
    PPSh
    T54R
    T48R
    XM22
    T48R
    M21
    Torch

enjoy:cool:

Definitely getting this me thinks .

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Finally we will see some new maps

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Found the game again, was behind the washing machine :confused:

half afraid to play it now, Seems like only the Pro's play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Found the game again, was behind the washing machine :confused:

your spouse musta thought that would be last place you'd go near!!! :D

After a game ends it fails to load the next round (black screen with spinning loader) . This has happened now on numerous occasions and requires the game to be restarted :(

Anyone else having similar problems ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

mixednuts wrote: »
    After a game ends it fails to load the next round (black screen with spinning loader) . This has happened now on numerous occasions and requires the game to be restarted :(

Anyone else having similar problems ?
    nope, but my ps3 froze 3 times on bc2 over the past few weeks. never happened before this.

had to power off from console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I had 3 freezes when playing BC2 and FF13, always have to restart, but my PS3
    is around 6 years old....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Same here, wouldnt mind but I was playing a blinder of a round!

Had to power off completely!

I find that people tend to stick to what there doing for a while, eg someone who`s playing as a sniper will stay in one spot for a few kills, if you kill someone I found that nearly every time they come racing back to where you killed them and try kill you, if so then just move to an advantage and kill them, wait for a few minutes into a game and see what your enemy team is like, how they play, what the majority of the people play as, are they always going for vehicles or do they like using there weapons. Once I find out how they play adjust your tactics.
    Snipers always head to the same high spots, you know where they are, put yourself in a counter position, THEN MOVE ON!
    A lot of people dont move on and they end up getting killed, be care when you do kill some one cause then can get an idea where your heading if you move, so dont think your smart.
    If someone comes running after you instead of doing the norm, do the opposite of what you`d do, eg, do a 180 and wait for him to come to you, 180 and throw a grenade, 180 and flank them or if you`ve got big balls 180 and play chicken, first man dies, loses......lol

Just a quick question, should I get the latest map pack, is it worth it?

I just registered BC 1 and 2 and thing I dont usually do when I get a game, now I have recieved some yolk about veteran and welcoming me back and I got Ii think its the M1 from 1943, I also have the number 2 beside me name.
    All my stats are gone back to 0 even my rank, everything except the number of dog tags I have, is this normal? WTF!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 corkfein

Any one up for a game now?User name is saucyboi

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Really enjoying the MP of BC.
    Interested in having a game this evening from 8pm onwards if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I'll be on later on (as I seem to be most evenigs these days!)

I'm dn_dn

Had some great games the other night. The squad stuck together, drops kits, revived, held positions etc...very enjoyable!!...and that was with no chat on the mics either.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I have around 10 mates in a clan with me (mostly from america) and they play the game constantly with mics I couldn't imagine playin without one now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

am new to bf2 anyone wanna kick my ass while teaching :pac:
    add me caspa307

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

caspa307 wrote: »
    add me caspa307
    Will add you next time I am online....have some network issues at home at the mo.

PSN: Sarumite

caspa307 wrote: »
    add me caspa307

I can give you a real good lesson in how to suck!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

cursai wrote: »

Can we not use the same clan tag? When boardsies switch console, they will still identify each other this way.

I have set LKA for a while now, after playing with wwwmark1 for a while, but I think that was temporary one, would prefer something like IRL which I would imagine would be widely recognized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

O missing my battlefield fix big time. (away from my PS for two months). Is the vietnam pack out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Are the EA servers for this game constantly crashing for everyone else lately?

• Advertisement

Superfin wrote: »

Last 10 games at least twice ended mid game :(

One game I was over 4800 xp when it crashed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

same things happening to me ...

most games of Rush keep crashing mid game ...

but Conquest ... never crashes ...

is this EA's way of getting us to play the one game type?

I aint been playing BF2 lately but my flatmate has an was telling me he was doing some serious pwning and the game crashed on him..

Was put back in same game with 0 points when he tried again.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

No probs for me the last couple of nights. Had some good / uncrashed games on both Conquest and Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Couple of disconnections over the weekend, I wonder if they are taking down servers to prepare for the Vietnam expansion pack launch..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I got this game yesterday.
    I was fairly addicted to BFBC1
    I'm gonna get killed arent I?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I got this game yesterday.
    I was fairly addicted to BFBC1
    I'm gonna get killed arent I?

Kill or be killed!! Do a bita sniping 1st.. Its safer to start off on me thinks but also really class in this game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone know if it's possible to kill players that are parachuting into the level when they spawn. I was playing as Recon in Rush at White Pass and i started shooting at the guys parachuting in. I got a hit on a couple but they did'nt die.

If it is possible to kill them when parachuting it would be a brilliant way of annoying an opposing player.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Anyone know if it's possible to kill players that are parachuting into the level when they spawn. I was playing as Recon in Rush at White Pass and i started shooting at the guys parachuting in. I got a hit on a couple but they did'nt die.

If it is possible to kill them when parachuting it would be a brilliant way of annoying an opposing player.:D

Yep you sure can! I learned it could be done when I was getting shot on one of the snow maps(can't remember the name) so I took up the sport of parachute killing myself

• Advertisement

Yep .. Grab yourself an assault rifle with a 4x scope and MGM bullets (think that's what there called)

Grab a bush near the edge of their spawn and scope and shoot.

If your been shot whilst parachuting then just get an RPG and sim for the bullets , really effective

Advertisement