Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

mayotobo wrote: »
    does anyone want to play on a squad from here?

psn: IRL_CRACKSHOT
    Sent you an invite there.
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    The only thing that's annoying me now is that the medic has nothing that can counteract tanks, or blow holes in walls.
    Yep I've been caught out like that as a medic a few times too, I suppose it just makes you that bit more likely to stick to the squad though. Sometimes I jump on top of the tanks and hope I frustrate the driver enough so he gets out to try and fight me :D.
    I think the classes are pretty balanced overall, except I think recon's mortar strikes need to be nerfed a bit. Was defending on the island map and it was just ridiculous, the objectives were being destroyed and we couldn't even get to the place the enemy snipers were (kept getting that "You are leaving the combat area. Turn Back" message)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Why do some players have a white square beside their name when the round ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

mixednuts wrote: »
    Why do some players have a white square beside their name when the round ends?

http://veteran.battlefield.com/

its just to say you've played previous battlefield games and you unlock another gun from 1943

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My 1st time to play BFBC, Played through the SP, thought the game was great. Looked stunning and the AI was alot smarter than MW2, story was better too (more believeable)
    apart from when they jump on the plane, wudn't they freeze to dead at 30,000 ft, where they were hiding :confused:

Anywat lets hope the MP is just as good as the SP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Spoiler tags are there for a reason dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I haven't even touch single player. Too busy with multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Is the verteran thing working? I cant get it to detect BF1943 for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

flynner13 wrote: »

i could only get it working for bad company 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

flynner13 wrote: »

I think the veteran program only works if you've tied two or more BF games to your EA/PSN account

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just had my first MP game. Way better than MW2!!!! K/D 7/3. Only came into the round with 5 mins to go but was class!!. 2nd game was crazy, exactly what i was looking for, mahem and explosions!! The i jumped off a cliff, by accident, and died. Then I get a message saying "Epic Fail" hahaha Still getting used to the whole squad thing and what icons mean on the map but this is a class game!

Add me if ya like: sheehy83

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Spoiler tags are there for a reason dude.

LOL Wolf ....You quoted his post with the spoiler still included ??

The original post is edited but your quote still shows the spoiler :rolleyes:

mixednuts wrote: »
    LOL Wolf ....You quoted his post with the spoiler still included ??

The original post is edited but your quote still shows the spoiler :rolleyes:

Fixed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Levai87 for people looking for squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Sigh: OfficialBFBC2

EA servers are currently down stopping login to a number of EA games. EA is investigating and will be back online as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Right im going to start into battlefield today any tips for a player starting out, coming from MAG on how to get good early xp, unlocks & general play etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anytime I play after midnight I ALWAYS end up in a game with 3 or 4 players on each team, is anyone else getting this??

It's been the same the last 2 nights in a row and is really annoying as I work evenings alot and would do alot of my playing after midnight.

It's not as if theres no one online as there are thousands on but every single game I try it's the same 2 or 3 on a team!! :mad:

Right im going to start into battlefield today any tips for a player starting out, coming from MAG on how to get good early xp, unlocks & general play etc.
    Haven't played MAG, but I came from MW2 playing on a sensitivity of 6 or 7 and I found I had to turn it up to max, and even then it took a bit of getting used to. Most guns benefit from burst or controlled firing, there's also bullet drop for sniper rifles so if you're aiming at someone's head about 500m away you need to aim a bit above his head.
    I've been getting the most xp when I play as medic and heal a lot, but this might just be down to play style, I've seen snipers getting great xp and medics not getting great xp. You'll need to play a couple of games to unlock the basic stuff for each class e.g. health pack/defibrilator for medic, repair tool for engineer etc. but they unlock pretty quickly. It might be a good idea to focus on unlocking these first.
    Game-wise I mostly play rush, so the rules of this are that there are two teams, attackers and defenders. Attackers only have a limited number of spawns and must destroy two M-COM stations, either by planting a bomb or destroying it with weapons (or collapsing the house around it if it's in a house). Defenders have unlimited spawns and must hold off the attackers until they have no respawn tickets left. The amount of tickets left is displayed over the mini-map in the lower right hand corner. As an attacking medic, if you revive someone with defibrilator, the attackers get that ticket back.
    In general, I'd say spend a bit of time getting to know each class as it's very useful to be able to switch class to get something done depending on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anytime I play after midnight I ALWAYS end up in a game with 3 or 4 players on each team, is anyone else getting this??

It's been the same the last 2 nights in a row and is really annoying as I work evenings alot and would do alot of my playing after midnight.

It's not as if theres no one online as there are thousands on but every single game I try it's the same 2 or 3 on a team!! :mad:

Yeah I noticed that last night. Started a game with 6 players on each side. After a few minutes the game seemed very quiet. I checked the player listing and it was 3 on our team and 2 enemies. So I blew up a tree and had a kitkat. A few minutes later the sky was full of copters and the battlefield full of tanks. Checked player listing - 12 vs 12, and each of the additional players had brought vehicles. It turned into a great battle!

Big Knox wrote: »

Yep, playing last night wtih NotiertyH, we were just rolling around a conqest map in a tank taking bases without any opposition, took a gander at the scoreboard and realized we were playing a 2vs2 game, which soon became a 2vs1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Been playing this last few days, been playing battlefield games since BF1942.. definately loving this one. Pulled me out of MW2 in no time :D

Have added a few of ye so squad up if your keen. Have a mic but even on lowest gain it seems awfully sensitive in this as opposed to MW2 so don't use it alot

PSN: longwhitecross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I dont know what i think of it, if im just too used to MAG or if its terrible. It seems like it doesnt know what it wants to be. You get killed so easily that they seem to be trying for a operation flashpoint feel but then again its still very arcadey like the other battlefield/mw2 games. Guns jump all over the place too.

I really think its because im used to playing MAG and thats so good that it will take me some time to swap over. Im just not sure i want to go through the week or so of flustration it will take me to get good when i could be just playing MAG and having fun.

Taking a break from it now i may try it again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I dont know what i think of it, if im just too used to MAG or if its terrible. It seems like it doesnt know what it wants to be. You get killed so easily that they seem to be trying for a operation flashpoint feel but then again its still very arcadey like the other battlefield/mw2 games. Guns jump all over the place too.

I really think its because im used to playing MAG and thats so good that it will take me some time to swap over. Im just not sure i want to go through the week or so of flustration it will take me to get good when i could be just playing MAG and having fun.

Taking a break from it now i may try it again later.

I was the same, took me nearly 3 full days to actually enjoy playing it and appreciate it for what it is. Up until that point every time I finished a round I kept aking myself why I wasn't playing MAG. Once you get into it you start to appreciate it for what it is. I still have the odd unbelievable flustrating match though. Some great moments in it too. I think it's a bit like MAG, that once you start unlocking the better equipment and stuff it becomes more enjoyable.

ferike1 wrote: »
    Levai87 for people looking for squad
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Add me if ya like: sheehy83
    Sent you guys an invite there.

I'm loving how people don't seem to realize that you can simply blow a hole through a wall to make a shortcut. Amount of times i've seen idiots looking for a door into a building to get to the M-Com :D

Is there a boards clan for this game , wouldn't mind joining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm loving how people don't seem to realize that you can simply blow a hole through a wall to make a shortcut. Amount of times i've seen idiots looking for a door into a building to get to the M-Com :D

Lol I know, that's what i love about it. That's why it's such a balls that the medic doesn't have any explosives for that. Been playing a bit more as the engineer after unlocking the SCAR and starting to enjoy that class a lot now.

Having great craic as a sniper, picking people off and then moving to the next building, and calling in mortar strikes against the tanks.
    This game is epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

hi, been playing this online with the past 3 hours and im rank 5 at the mo nearly 6 with nearly 400 player kills with the assault kit. For the people who have been playing is that standard enough and whats with the dog tags what do they do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I only got the game yesterday as well and played it for 3 hours and only got about 40 kills :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just swapped Heavy Rain for this. Only had to pay 15 euros in Gamestop.
    So now i have to lie to G/F tonight and tell her I'm watching champions league, so she will vacate the sitting room.It's amazing how quickly she moves if she thinks football is on.;)

Advertisement