Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

tonydude wrote: »
    hi, been playing this online with the past 3 hours and im rank 5 at the mo nearly 6 with nearly 400 player kills with the assault kit. For the people who have been playing is that standard enough and whats with the dog tags what do they do

You have done well young sir, The Dog tags are bragging rights pure and simple.

In other news, its great to see loads of people are using the spotting button now! I love MAG and its not going anywhere but personally I think this game out does every online shooter released in the last 12months. For someone who likes objective based shooting something like this is heaven.

There is just so much in it. The maps are out of this world, the leveling up is great and most importantly offers no unfair advantage to higher level players. It just offers up more options, no more akimbo shotgun madness! The vehicles are tight, the weapons are fantastic after (apart from the first assault rifle)

I can't decide if I prefer Conquest or Rush cus there both brilliant. I love Rush on the snow maps esp the night time one and Conquest has the Panama Canal map which in my opinion is one of the best maps iv played ever.

Love it love it love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Found a good video on YouTube giving a few tips on how to play BC2. he's a bit condescending but there's a couple of good pointers in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

Also I didn't realise until last night that you could kill people with the defib! Happened to me when I ran inbetween an enemy trying to revive his mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was just having one of my silly trains of thoughts there a few minutes ago. If Sony were really on the ball and very savvy, they could have associated the playstation brand with BC2 the same way Microsoft has associated themselves with COD...

Just sayin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Also I didn't realise until last night that you could kill people with the defib! Happened to me when I ran inbetween an enemy trying to revive his mate!

Yeah did that by mistake the other day. You used to be able to do it in BF2, but it was a pain to do. Same here, much harder then just knifing dudes...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

No mute button is annoying... other than that its a pretty quality game! No doubt the PS Store will be fixed Thursday...

Sniping is great, just wish their was planes and more vehicles like BF2...

Presume their might be DLC for that stuff eventually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

any 1 interested inonline badcompany 2 put your psn here:http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850486

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Its mad to see the difference between ranks in this game. MW2 didn't really matter. Players who prestiged a million times can still be killed easily but guys with high ranks in this actually have great skill. Still on rank 2 sucking balls!

Sorry to EireOG and Bendiqt on these boards!!! We were in a squad last night and i took command of a chopper (first time) and it did not go well. Crash landed a mile outside the fighting zone and we all died from suicide. I now have a fear of flying helicopters!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I kept crashing choppers till I realised you only need to use the Right Analog stick really... since then im getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

The TV ismine tonight - so it's BFBC2 for the night.

I'll add a few names from this thread later on.

mine is DN_DN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ich bin weiland79 on PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Really enjoying this. It's funny seeing how many people are still more concerned with their K/d ratio than completing any of the objectives. I've seen loads of people running past the M-COM stations looking for kills rather than just plant the bomb and defend.

I should be on later tonight aswell. I'll try add some gamertags from here later.

PSN: WaryValidator

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Its mad to see the difference between ranks in this game. MW2 didn't really matter. Players who prestiged a million times can still be killed easily but guys with high ranks in this actually have great skill. Still on rank 2 sucking balls!

Sorry to EireOG and Bendiqt on these boards!!! We were in a squad last night and i took command of a chopper (first time) and it did not go well. Crash landed a mile outside the fighting zone and we all died from suicide. I now have a fear of flying helicopters!

I joined ye three for a while, was my first experience of Rush.. i generally play conquest.. took some getting used to, the attacks seemed to snowball between flags, we had some rather heroic stands though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Gonna be on tonight PSN: Sufferingz ill party up with you wolf mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I joined ye three for a while, was my first experience of Rush.. i generally play conquest.. took some getting used to, the attacks seemed to snowball between flags, we had some rather heroic stands though
    :D Well I'll take this time to apologise for managing to kill us all in the tank when I drove right over a mine :o. Was great playing with ye all, and yes I for one like to think that our brave squad was the backbone of the team :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Anyone else just lose the last ~hour worth of stats? :/ Annoying to lose the last engineer unlock etc

Really pisses me off to see an M-Com falling and 5 mw2 sniper noobs just sitting back 100 meters away from the station. Get to the station ya fools!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Really pisses me off to see an M-Com falling and 5 mw2 sniper noobs just sitting back 100 meters away from the station. Get to the station ya fools!!

That pisses me off. You are recon and not a sniper. Some of my best kills are handgun or combat knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Still hit and miss for me getting better and any time i take a break and come back to it i enjoy it for 1 game at least but cant stick too much of it.

With MAG sitting there looking at me i just cant justify playing battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

TheAmateur wrote: »
    :D Well I'll take this time to apologise for managing to kill us all in the tank when I drove right over a mine :o. Was great playing with ye all, and yes I for one like to think that our brave squad was the backbone of the team :pac:.

Thought both those...em..."incidents" were hilarious. There I was ready to rain down mini-gun death from above when suddenly the ground hit us with considerable force (rather unnecessarily hard I thought) :rolleyes:

This game is so much better when played in a squad.

btw lads, you should get yerselves mic'ed up, definetly more effective when you're fighting together, and more craic when you can politely ask why you found it necessary to park our precious Black Hawk in the side of a mountain :P

I'll be on later if yer up for another sessun.

James74 (psn: eireog74)

TheAmateur wrote: »

HAHA was that you!!!!??? I remember a load of us on the tank, heading straight for the enemy, adrenalin pumping guns ready to..KABOOOOOMM!!! Dunno what happened, guess thats answered now haha.

Good playing with ye! must add ye next time on on, night shift at work but will be on tomorrow!

Ah tell me bout dem damn snipers. I feel like i'm the only one trying to diffuse the M-COMS. 3 guys on my squad were just manning machine guns, i held down selct and saw there was 8 other people, don't have a f****in clue where they were though! So many snipers just sitting round.

I'm concentrating on Assault for time being and just unlocked 3rd gun. Would ye recommend the F2000 over the XM8?

Lastly, how do you parachute??

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Lastly, how do you parachute??

Mash the X button as you rapidly fall from helicopter (usually just before you fly said helicopter into convenient hillside :P)

James74 wrote: »
    Mash the X button as you rapidly fall from helicopter (usually just before you fly said helicopter into convenient hillside :P)

I'll make it up to ya man i swear hahaha. I see a lot of people having trouble with vehicles. Any time I jump in one as passenger, its toast in seconds. One guy today crashed a chopper with 5 of us on it straight into the sea. The closest shore was a beach with an enemy camp all pointing their weapons on us. As frustrating as it is, its still hillarious to be panicking and jumping ship.

I'm now the proud owner of NotorietyH's dogtag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

add me up boys

psn: Griefa

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

was on last night, but got my a$$ handed to me - the opposing team were excellent - the chopper was flying low and getting loads of kills. Also the bloody UAV made me roadkill a few times. And I got sniped by a rank25 'butter-bar and all' guy quite a few times. Still enjoyed it ..saw some maps i hadn't yet been on.......the night-time map is cool.....back for more tonight.

yeah it seems the skill levels are really going up, i've seen some amazing chopper pilots now. Some great tank drivers too. They seem to know exactly where to place them so they can wreak havoc in safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

is anyone else still having problems with the connection ? Mine keeps disconnecting after only a few minutes of play... any ideas ??

Could be your NAT type, EA games don't seem to like any other type than type 1, there's a good video on how to change it here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

was playing last night and these two guys were in control of the apache heli, he had 3 gold stars with it and it defo showed he owed the battlefield, god knows how many times i tried to rpg his ass and all he would do is avoid it.

Looking for a good squad so add me if ur interested im a good soldier:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm now the proud owner of NotorietyH's dogtag :pac:

Lol! Yeah I didn't want it anyway. It chaffed my neck!

Advertisement