Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to book with

Options
  • 04-02-2010 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

I want to get some prices for flights to New Zealand and some stopovers, can someone recommend a few companies to do this please? I will be trying Trailfinders but want to try a few to get the best price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Chech British Airways website, Singapore Airlines website etc, just fill in the dates of depature etc and you will get a price.

They will always be cheaper than Trailfinders.
    I used Trailfinders once, they were v good, I knew at the time that I could of got the same flights for cheaper if I just booked directly from the airlines, but as I was making a booking for the next day flights, I played safe and went to Trailfinders to make the booking(just in case the next day flights were cancelled(on the day), or long delays to interupt connecting flights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

have a look on www.kayak.com

if your dates are flexible, you can tell the search to look a few days before and after the date you've selected for the best deals. then just go straight to the airline site and book your flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I used Austravel as I wanted to use a travel agent - my flights were a bit complicated.

They were very good and I got a good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mac36

Hi there, I recently used jetabroad.com to book flights to Australia for a friend. Their prices were very competitive.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Over in NZ now, bought a round the world ticket with usit, already stopped in africa and australia, price was about 1800.
    IIRC a boomerang ticket was about 850 -1000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Is there flight centre in Ireland? I know they have UK branches. I got return flights to London with Emirates for $2000 with them recently which was a very good deal. I think that's about €900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Cheers, got a suggested itinerary from them yesterday and each of the suggested flights are listed so I can price them on the airline websites myself. I think for piece of mind we'll go through an agent though. They quoted us accommodation prices too. Crazy prices! I'll definitely do better myself online. Thanks.

Advertisement