Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to the shoot in Hilltop in 13/14 Feb?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

dose anyone have copy of a benchrest target they can post so i know what i am looking at the weekend (to scale if possible) never seen one never been to a competition dont want too much of a shock. thanks in advance
    Attached should be an older UKBR22 standard 50m benchrest target.
    I suspect the ones for the NASRPC event will probably differ slightly in detail, but the number and size of targets will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 love to shoot

THANKS ROVI . NOW I AM ALMOST SORRY I ASKED. SHOULD HAVE ASKED LAST WEEK COULD HAVE HAD A PRACTICE.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

never been to a competition dont want too much of a shock.

Everyone has a first competition. It is not as daunting as you may think.
    I have seen some exceptionally good scores from people on their first competition - I have also seen some poor scores - most people are somewhere in the middle.

What most will find, however, is that they enjoy the experience and want more.

At all NASRPC competitions there is always good craic - with plenty of competition thrown in for good measure.

Hilltop is also a great facility and that combined with the number of events on offer, you will have plenty to do, see and talk about.

There will be plenty of people on hand to provide tips and advice (Disclaimer: All advice is the property of those providing it and is most likely to not help you at all but to ensure you do not get a higher score than the person giving it :D)

If you are also attending the Fundraising Function that night it will get even better. Remember there are still tickets available for this should you wish to attend.

There are some fantastic, high value, prizes on offer in the Raffle, tickets for which are already on sale and will be available all day Saturday and at the function.

And to top it all off, should you not be able to attend on Saturday then all Events are available Sunday also (please come early if attending on Sunday)

All in all it should make for a fantastic weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

B'Man

PS: I'll be easy to spot - I'll be the guy at the top of the leaderboard - all the leaderboards (after giving out loads of advice) :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

IRLConor wrote: »
    Now all I need to do is bodge on a scope. :)

Bodging complete:

104981.jpg

The elevation is fine, but the windage is provided by either the scope or the torque on the bolts holding the raiser blocks on. :eek: It's going to be interesting sighting in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Weather forecast for the weekend is good - cold and dry:cool:

Should be great fun:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Greenacre

Looks like there is people coming from all over the country, going to be a great weekend!

I've got my tickets for the raffle, I want that rifle!

Get in the queue

I saw the prize table last night - impressive

B'Man

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

IRLConor wrote: »
    The elevation is fine, but the windage is provided by either the scope or the torque on the bolts holding the raiser blocks on. :eek: It's going to be interesting sighting in. :D

I was able to sight in on one target to the right of where I wanted to shoot. :) It made the rightmost column of targets hard to hit, and the rifle malfunctioned in the middle of the match but it was good craic anyway.

Thanks to all the folks at Hilltop, I had a great day. I got to try out a load of stuff I haven't had a chance to do before. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Was very sorry to miss this lads, but had something important that needed attending to. If you're running another fundraising shoot of the same sort, I'll be at the top of the queue. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Greenacre

A big thank you to each and every one of the 120 or so competitors/supporters at the NASRPC shoot this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Great fun and a magnificent turnout:D

Special thanks to Aine and her sister who catered, the "bambiburgers" were superb:pac:

Amazing weekend - huge turnout - it was great to see so many people out having a bit of craic on the range - it's been a while. Thanks to Hilltop and all who helped out for making it so.

I think every one of is the better for it.

The Function on Saturday Night was also great craic - even bigger turnout than the match.

I think some of us were not the better for that and increased the spectator count on day two :D

Everything went off like clockwork except the French
    who I blame for eroding my position at the top of the leaderboard,
    then my position on page 2 of the leaderboard and in some cases
    my position on page 3 or indeed 4 of the leaderboard.

Fantastic weekend. Hope there are many more like it.

B'Man

:plate reply

i had no phone or internet
    great time had at hilltop brought herself now it's going to cost me again she shot clays and benchrest and said how relaxing it was(benchrest club gun fair play but i think the scope cost more than my whole kit). so now she wants a new shotgun and benchrest rifle and a nanny for the kids. on the good side it's now why dont you go to the range and relax. i think this is going to cost me big time. the lads at hilltop are great they stored my gun overnight got somebits i was looking for for a while and bought a new gunsafe a 5 gun scoped rifle safe with lock box 250 euro cheap.
    now she wants to know when the next day out is i told her i gave up shooting and took up golf( as if ). the problem with comps is the kit people use you just want it all (reason i did not try a club gun i would have to have one mistake i made she used one now she wants one she is also a cert holder no breaking of the law here) great fun had by all cant wate for the next day out but dont tell herself ok:D:D:D:D p.s tanks for the info given by all dont know how to give thanks to posts.

dont know how to give thanks to posts.
    Click the 'Thanks' icon at the bottom right of the post: post_thanks.gif

thanks again but i dont have that icon:confused:

thanks again but i dont have that icon:confused:
    You need a minimum of 10 posts to see it; it should be there for you now.

Advertisement