Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to win the war on drugs...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

def wrote: »
    yes except no one is neutral,and the nazis are winning

Nazi's are fighting drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

check out my other treads if you think there is at least some merit in my theroy/treaty

I think there might be some merit in your theory but I'd imagine I feel the same about having you arguing my side of the debate as the Christians on this site felt about having Estebancambias putting himself out there as the spokesman for thier side of things against the atheists. Your just not very good at it, but fair play for having a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Is it possible that the war has gone Guerrilla?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6207655.stm

I heard in Vietnam Special Forces would sneak in and replace an enemies ammunition with "faulty ammo" to give the user a headache and hurt overall moral

I wonder what these scientists could have invented instead of...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6207655.stm

Must be some money to be made on both side's of the "war"

Interesting in the article steet price halved/seizures at airports up?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭def

strobe wrote: »
    I think there might be some merit in your theory but I'd imagine I feel the same about having you arguing my side of the debate as the Christians on this site felt about having Estebancambias putting himself out there as the spokesman for thier side of things against the atheists. Your just not very good at it, but fair play for having a go.

speaking no problem ,its the fe*kin typing that i cant do, i have convinced total foaming at the mouth drug warriors(prohibitionists) over to the good guys side (anti prohibition , concerned parents against prohibition etc) , most of them are just misinformed ,its the ones on the power trip ye got to watch out for (grannie kenny style people) ,ask the right questions and they cop on pretty quick, point out the provable nonsence half the work is done ,you should all be thankfull for people like grannie kenny ,have you seen her website? ALL complete hate ,based on tabacco science and things she made up, the women is obviously very emotionally comprimised by the cannabis topic , and the whole we gotta win or the worlds over ,

shes suspect no.1 for who would you bribe if you were a multi million euro international heroin dealer ?, EURAD yea ,ive emailed them and her (more than once)looking for their funders but they never e-mail back....:eek:
    couldnt find it any where else ....:eek:
    wait didnt alcohol prohibition create mass corruption?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How to deal with drugs and gangs who peddle in drugs? Gun, bullet, head!

• Advertisement

artielange wrote: »

Must be some money to be made on both side's of the "war"

Interesting in the article steet price halved/seizures at airports up?

someone new could write a bigger cheque ,,

getting off topic ,

does anyone understand and disprove of my proposal , who can explain why they think it would not...

-reduce/eliminate acess to children
    -reduce usage rates
    -reduce health problems
    -generate lots of money/jobs
    -improve general public health
    -improve society in general/ peoples attitude tward one another

and as for the reasons they were made illegal...how would it not....
    -reduce public immorality
    -reduce public disorder

i dont want yes/no answers , and if you cant prove me wrong ireland will be like this very soon ,very very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

someone new could write a bigger cheque ,,

getting off topic ,

does anyone understand and disprove of my proposal , who can explain why they think it would not...

Like has been said many times.......

tldr. Posts are way too long for AH. If you want a serious debate try another forum and not here
    i dont want yes/no answers , and if you cant prove me wrong ireland will be like this very soon ,very very soon

And how exactly can failing to dis-prove your theory lead to such a cataclysmic change in our society?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

def is the new Drug Czar.

Didnt read any of it obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

We do what the americans do:
    Take all the drug users and all the drug dealers and lock them up together.
    Yeah, that'll teach 'em!

And how exactly can failing to dis-prove your theory lead to such a cataclysmic change in our society?

it seems you will see soon enough ,i wouldnt really say ending ,the supply of new heroin users, gang members ,corrupt polititions , stopping underage drug use of any drug, making the gardai's job safer, saving lots of money in taxes spent ,keeping lots more in the country (on drugs imported),and generating more tax takings, improving the general health of drug users and making ireland the most civilised nation in the world today could be considerd "cataclysmic"

preventing under age drug use is very simple in a regulated market if a pub/cafe/club sells drugs (inc alcohol and tabacco) to a minor ,the place gets shut down or never allowed sell the produce involved again,the owner and person behind the counter is fined by the state and can be sued by the parents of the child for max 1 million euro ,, very quickly no one would risk selling anything to anyone with out ID,, every premises must have cameras at the entrence and counter , i think minors (16) should be able to buy beer and weak cannabis to be consumed on the premises in limited quantitys,nothing else ,this would get them off the streets , they couldnt afford to drink/smoke every day ,,and before anyone says anything if you dont want your kid drinking or smoking pot thats your parental disition not the states ,just dont give them money try to talk to them

if you dont want them out robbing cars and burning stuff for fun what do you want done to prevent it? cause once its done its done, young teens could be going sitting around playing pool ,cards whatever maybe they have money for a pint or a joint ,they act the bol**cks they get told to leave maybe barred ,they know just aswell as you the courts will let them walk 90/100 times ,and thats just when they get caught ,this is more reason to behave than any empty gardai station ,setting all teens off to a better start than the current system of slap on the wrist ,go around the corner ,continue

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

it seems you will see soon enough ,i wouldnt really say ending ,the supply of new heroin users, gang members ,corrupt polititions , stopping underage drug use of any drug, making the gardai's job safer, saving lots of money in taxes spent ,keeping lots more in the country (on drugs imported),and generating more tax takings, improving the general health of drug users and making ireland the most civilised nation in the world today could be considerd "cataclysmic"

preventing under age drug use is very simple in a regulated market if a pub/cafe/club sells drugs (inc alcohol and tabacco) to a minor ,the place gets shut down or never allowed sell the produce involved again,the owner and person behind the counter is fined by the state and can be sued by the parents of the child for max 1 million euro ,, very quickly no one would risk selling anything to anyone with out ID,, every premises must have cameras at the entrence and counter , i think minors (16) should be able to buy beer and weak cannabis to be consumed on the premises in limited quantitys,nothing else ,this would get them off the streets , they couldnt afford to drink/smoke every day ,,and before anyone says anything if you dont want your kid drinking or smoking pot thats your parental disition not the states ,just dont give them money try to talk to them

if you dont want them out robbing cars and burning stuff for fun what do you want done to prevent it? cause once its done its done, young teens could be going sitting around playing pool ,cards whatever maybe they have money for a pint or a joint ,they act the bol**cks they get told to leave maybe barred ,they know just aswell as you the courts will let them walk 90/100 times ,and thats just when they get caught ,this is more reason to behave than any empty gardai station ,setting all teens off to a better start than the current system of slap on the wrist ,go around the corner ,continue

Is your full stop button broken?

rovert wrote: »
    Is your full stop button broken?

naw, i dont do full stops, it never ends ,i just take breif pauses

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Quick solution.
    Have everyone on the dole take a drug test when they sign on.
    If they fail the test, then they don't get any dole.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Ok. Drug tests for all.
    Drugs are illegal. By taking drugs, you are breaking the law.
    Stop whining like little bitches when you get done for holding a ten spot. You knew the risks.

More rabble.

Move to The Netherlands then.

More Rabble.

I stopped caring after the Netherlands bit.

Terry wrote: »
    Quick solution.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Ok. Drug tests for all.
    Stop whining like little bitches when you get done for holding a ten spot. You knew the risks.

More rabble.

More Rabble.

this is beautiful ,not this post exactly ,but the fact that on a debating website ,im sure is full of pro-prohibitionists ,no one can come up with an even semi valid arguement for why any drug should be illegal ,let alone cannabis

do you know what this means?

when up against someone who knows pretty much every possible arguement for ,or against prohibition it cant be done, their are no valid arguements ,every arguement for prohibition is infact an arguement against it with a bit of a spin, because its one of the stupidist most repulsive ,inhumane ideas man kind has ever had , it was created to attack african americans and mexicans ,by alcohol prohibitionists who were bored with no one to arrest and call sub human in public,the only reason it got any support is the tabloids ,and the only reason its still going on is the tabloids,and you cant base a defence with tabloid scare storys ,

come on this is a debate website ,, no one have anything at all?

first thing that pops into your head ,anything

for example (cannabis)-lots more people would do drugs (the worst arguement )

do you have even the slightist notion of how many people smoke pot now? have you ever even looked at statistics? an age demograph?who would take up smoking pot solely because its legal? you?no ? then why do you assume anyone else will?
    it seems 1 in 4 people under 40 have done so or do smoke it, this is a minimum estimate ,at least 1% of the global population do ,did you know the number of users has steadily increased since it was made illegal in ireland? do you know why ? because it has no age limit, "warning" children about it is really just advertising , let me see.... a negitive effect of using cannabis... "its a gate way drug"*,a cough ? living longer meaning more of a strain on our global resources? oh yes, people who smoke cannabis tend to live longer! this ones got to be dangerous ,

lets let the percentage of using children steadily climb , because if we legalised it(put an age limit on it) more people would start using it ,do you see the contradiction?

*the gate way theroy ...there are several gate way effects, no gate way drugs ,there has actually been studies done trying to find a change in the brain that makes people more likely to do other drugs once someone has smoked the ganja ,i find the idea of someone paying for those studies hilarious, guess what there is no change ,the vast majority of cannabis users never do other illegal drugs,

gateway effect 1 , polydrug dealers offer other drugs (most drug dealers are cannabis dealers ,most of whom only sell cannabis) , one could assume cannabis is a fish hook so the other more profitable drugs can be offered to cannabis users on a regular basis(fishing with the hook), also (mostly) non cannabis dealers go to pubs to "fish" for customers with "club" drugs

gateway effect 2, lying to the teen makes you an untrustworthy source of information almost provoking them to try the next safest extacy or mushrooms which ever is available (most likely the former ,for urban dwellers)

gateway effect 3, when a law is obviously based in prejudice its encurs disrespect for all laws ,provoking public disorder

gateway effect 4, when a person cannabis user or not (of certain classes mainly) is constantly stopped and searched for cannabis(wheres the hash lads?) ,this prevokes disrespect for all gardai

gateway effect 5,drinking cow milk ,every drug user who has ever lived ,in ireland anyway, most illegal drug users worldwide ,has drank cows milk theres got to be a connection ,im just not seeing it ,ban the stuff

all these gateway effects are either for other drugs or worse ,actual public disorder,

the next most hilarious arguement is cannabis has negative health consequences....no smoking and prohibition have negative health consequences .. certain medical conditions can combine very negatively with cannabis for instance if your blood does not clott well when wounded cannabis could keep blood flowing out(it thins the blood) but this exact property could be used positively in a different senario,but healthy adults dont suffer many negative consequences healthwise coughing and so on,
    but thats just prevoked lung cleaning

cannabis is completely non toxic to humans ,

prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

cannabis is illegal because it would be impossible to tax. imagine trying to get a p60 from johnny bongo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

questioner wrote: »
    cannabis is illegal because it would be impossible to tax.

"Coffeeshops" in the Netherlands pay tax do they not ?

Of course a minority of people could evade the tax by growing their own (Just like home brewers do now) but for most people its not worth the hasstle.

Even now despite the risks arising from illegality/criminality and quality/contamination issues most users buy from dealers rather than growing their own (also illegal but argubly safer if done discreetly in small quantities)
    Drug tests for all.
    Drug testing is notoriously unreliable (prone to both false negative and false positive test results) and actually incentivises users to move onto harder drugs.
    Have everyone on the dole take a drug test when they sign on. If they fail the test, then they don't get any dole.
    Why ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Quick solution.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Ok. Drug tests for all.

More rabble.

More Rabble.

There's always one with the "just check everyone in the country every hour on the hour" idea.
    The problem is that even in Ireland you'd need a police force of several hundred thousand, because every single person would have to be constantly monitored.
    That would cost billions, therefore be completely unaffordable, impractical, unworkable, cause the country to grind to a halt and end up with several thousand people in jail for the possession of a single spliff.
    Also, a society under constant lockdown and surveillance cannot function.
    Therefore you will always have crime (of any sort), society just isn't perfect and you cannot force it to be so.
    It's human nature to want to taste the forbidden fruit, it's always going to happen and any pragmatic government will see that.
    You can limit crime, but never eradicate it.
    The whole totalitarian rhetoric is always popular with a certain segment of the populus, but in the end it's just verbal masturbation.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Jaysus def I smoke the odd cone cos I enjoy it. But WTF are you banging on about. Too much needless, pointless, baseless and worthless information for any one to take in.

cock robin wrote: »
    Jaysus def I smoke the odd cone cos I enjoy it. But WTF are you banging on about. Too much needless, pointless, baseless and worthless information for any one to take in.

"The casm that is my mind." (chasm)i think you have explained yourself with this alone cock, it could be a bit late but you do know theres opium in most soapbar, and unlike cannabis it kills brain cells ,and when you smoke a "cone" you lose more than you gain ,

baseless? wothless?now i dont think you smoke the good herb at all,did some of my posts hit a soft spot ? go wax your car and ask for longer/shorter days , maybe a million euro for every one in the country ,come on man think before you post or start a thread

if you dont have anything nice to say ...and the other less popular if you dont understand what the other people are saying keep your mouth closed and you could learn a thing or two

Therefore you will always have crime (of any sort), society just isn't perfect and you cannot force it to be so.
    It's human nature to want to taste the forbidden fruit, it's always going to happen and any pragmatic government will see that.
    You can limit crime, but never eradicate it.
    The whole totalitarian rhetoric is always popular with a certain segment of the populus, but in the end it's just verbal masturbation.

crime is a symptom of a problem not a problem in its self, im not talking about driving on the moblie , but real crime ,public disorder kinda crime, id say every gang member and junkie has been bred by a broken system ,they are symtoms of a sickness in society , prohibition doesnt help but its not the sole problem ,fixing its a start and it will help changing this general lack of love in society

ironicaly its normaly the people who belive in "love your neighbour" that propose locking up everyone who thinks or acts differently to them

• Advertisement

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    "Coffeeshops" in the Netherlands pay tax do they not ?

Of course a minority of people could evade the tax by growing their own (Just like home brewers do now) but for most people its not worth the hasstle.

forget amsterdam , as far as regulation goes its the worst possibility, they have it bang on with stopping sales to minors though,

the best method of any form of agriculture is lots of small growers, permits should be the tax maybe 50 plants max these would be "raided",yearlys probly best ,we shouldnt need to realy tax cannabis to much ,once the money is staying in the country there should be a noticable prop up effect ,maybe vat but it should be kept very low, the tax on drink and smokes should be massively slashed ,there is no point giving money to those fools ,

amsterdam rules work ,sale to an under 18(16s a much better idea)your shut down ,the parents can sue you for lots ,that way its not nessacery to check ,because lots of people would want that easy money ,keeping shops on their toes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Legalise and regulate drugs + tax on produce + producers licence = War won, let's get baked.

Problem with this is that we live in a repressed, retarded, banana republic that has been run by the same kinds of 'god fearing' old farts since 1922. Anyone with any sense of rationality or logical thought is dead or has left the place. Nothing changes here except who's son or daughter inherits a TD's seat. If you want to beat drug dealers, destroy their market. Think I'm wrong, prohibition in the United States - it never worked and promoted crime, detracted police from other areas, took up court time and led to a lot of Italian and Irish-Americans getting incredibly wealthy in a short space of time.
    Of course, we now have politicians and Joe Duffy banging on about head shops so I can't see any politician breaking ranks to propose an intelligent idea.
    As a matter of interest, technically we're supporting drug use, needle exchanges operate as a form of subsidised drug use. Methadone clinics are essentially forms of subsidised drug distribution. All that needs to be done is; legalise cannabis, legislate and licence cannabis production, once it hits the shops it'll absolutely decimate drug dealers. You're paying for something that has much the same effect and is probably more reliable and of better quality. Drug dealers would be redundant, they'd probably move onto something else but that's their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

tl;dr

OP doesn't know wtf he's talking about, and should take a deep breath and try again.

epic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

[quote=[Deleted User];64347930]Anyone who thinks drugs are bad obviously has never tried them. But to the OP you will also learn in Econmics one of the principles of demand and supply is....supply creates its own demand.[/QUOTE]

+1, Truer words never spoken!:D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

"The casm that is my mind." (chasm)i think you have explained yourself with this alone cock, it could be a bit late but you do know theres opium in most soapbar, and unlike cannabis it kills brain cells ,and when you smoke a "cone" you lose more than you gain ,

baseless? wothless?now i dont think you smoke the good herb at all,did some of my posts hit a soft spot ? go wax your car and ask for longer/shorter days , maybe a million euro for every one in the country ,come on man think before you post or start a thread

if you dont have anything nice to say ...and the other less popular if you dont understand what the other people are saying keep your mouth closed and you could learn a thing or two

Oddly enough I dont remember using my mouth closed or otherwise to communicate with you. As for the casm that is my mind, it has no relevance with regard to the matter in hand. As for calling me cock well all I can say is sticks & stones. Smoke away ya looney I can see it aint narrowed your mind at all. Anything learned from you definitely wont be worth creasing the lips to discuss with anyone. I aint the only one to diss your thread but oddly enough the only one you felt the need to have a go at which is cool. As you come from not ireland a land without capitol letters and filled with people with a poor command of the English language. Maybe you should run for goverment and let the people decide wether they want to live in an utopian society where drugs are everywhere. The million euro for all was posted in AH a forum for light hearted discussion and as such was intended to be humorous. But you had probably just taken your drugs and ya didn't get it. As for dont understand, people who have posted and read thousands of posts didn't get it either. Not only have drugs ruined your ability to type it has also left you incapable of putting into context your thought's. Hmm! I wonder what caused that. Sleep well and dream easy def but with any luck your supervised when you wake. Keep It Simple Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm off for a pint, the perfect solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Drugs are bad?Think about it.............

Theres a "war" on drugs and the people on drugs are winning...

Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

questioner wrote: »
    cannabis is illegal because it would be impossible to tax. imagine trying to get a p60 from johnny bongo.
    Yeah, I hear John Player & his sons and Mr PJ Carroll are impossible to get P60's from :rolleyes:

Better make tobacco illegal using that same wise logic.

There is no war on drugs, its a war against citizens who want take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

rubadub wrote: »
    There is no war on drugs, its a war against citizens who want take them.

After reading through the first few pages of this, I came upon this one statement which I think that I can agree with.

Now I'm off to have a wee spliff (though I reckon it is somewhat bad for me healthwise).

And OP, proper punctuation helps you to put your message across in a manner more likely to persuade those on the fence that you are talking sense.

If I thought for a moment that smoking da 'erb would reduce my ability to communicate effectively, I'd smoke less.......;)

Advertisement