Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aliens Vs Predator demo on LIVE ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

In work :mad:at the moment but have it teed up to download to my xbox.
    Also its on the main marketpage in latest release add on but for some reason its called MP :confused::confused::confused:( Just in case someone tries to search for Aliens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

Have it queued up and ready to go, please be epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

Just played it, it's ok was expecting better though. Fun playing as a predator not so much as a marine imo, haven't tried playing as an alien yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I tried all three classes. I liked the Alien most, they're quick and fun to use. The Marine has some cool weapons and I love the motion detector. The Predator didn't impress me much, but I'll give him another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

downloading now... will give it a spin later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Meh, I think doing what they did back in 1999 and release the single player demos in a staggered fashion. It's hard to get an idea about a game that relies heavily on atmosphere as a selling point in a multiplayer demo. It looks ok, I only got play as the marine and some dude as an alien was tearing me to bits. A teamplay MP demo would have been perfect actually, otherwise marines are just getting ripped apart and the only kills I got were against other marines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭recyclops

played as predator first game loved it marine is extremely hard though needs work on balance when i finish this round will try as alien,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Played it with a mate there earlier. It's not too bad, I only played as Predator.

I sh*t my pants when an Alien got a hold of me though. :( :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

It's brilliant, though controlling an alien can be disorientating at times. I think FFA demo was a bad marketing decision. Most of the time, the preds end up teaming together, which is fair, but I think it would have been a better decision to allow players to team together and strategize, rather then beat the **** out of one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭recyclops

i agree deathmatch was a bad move, controlling aliens is awkward indeed, great game all the same though will pick it up is anyone else having problems gettin into games it takes a while to find one

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    i agree deathmatch was a bad move, controlling aliens is awkward indeed, great game all the same though will pick it up is anyone else having problems gettin into games it takes a while to find one
    Nah my main prob has been losing players in my party. I've been going into games with 7 players, yet sometimes only 5 or 6 join the lobby. Have to back out and rejoin. Seems to work fine once we do that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its taken me awhile to find a game. i like it so far, played as the alien and thought that was good. only played one game as a marine but it adds another layer to multiplayer because you really feel underpowered and that its only a matter of time before you get killed especially with your radar beeping as you get close to something.

Marines aren't underpowered, it's a very surprisingly balanced game, which amazed me. I'll have to see the team multiplayer before I can decide if I like it or not, but for the moment, it's on my to buy list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

well maybe not underpowered as in weapons but in the way that they only have a flash light and move slowly compared to the aliens that can see the outlines through walls and can move fast around the map.

Well I'm just glad to see that there seems to be balance in the game, aliens are full offence, get in tehre do damage gtfo. Humans are slow with decent offence, but are vulnerable from behind. and preds are pure hunter, but can easily be dealt with by someone decent with their class :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

played it so far as marine and predator! i love being the predator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i got into one game and ever since then i cant find any...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Thought it was absolutely dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say I was very disappointed in the demo.
    The graphics were too dark on my xbox but looked fantastic on the PC.
    I enjoyed playing as the Predator but the Marine is woeful. The kickback on the Pulse Rifle is too much and makes it painful to control on the XBOX controller.
    Then again Hicks did say "it will kick some" so "short controlled bursts" :D

It might just be that deathmatch is a poor game mode..
    Also there's no Crouch ? crazy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

1up game night with AVP, mostly single player stuff Linkage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Gave it a whack the other night and I must say I was quite disappointed, it really did feel like an unpolished beta at times. The controls were also pants-on-head retarded, especially the Predators. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Can I just point out the it is a pre release code that they probably finished weeks or months ago. I can honestly say I thought the demo was crap but you cant let it reflect on the full finished game. That and being thrown straight into a MP demo was a bad plan. I played as the predator and alien(turn auto transition on). the predator is pretty cool especially when you pick up the plasmacaster you just get to start blasting people away. The alien was a bit disorientating but its expected when your climbing all over walls and doorways.

Also to the person who said it was too dark your supposed to change the brightness to suit your TV.

All in all I'm looking forward to it as the trailers they have out now shows the actual ingame graphics and it looks superb and way better then the demo graphics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Just played this tonight as an alien and a marine... came second both times... still didn't like it that much. It didn't seem that great graphics wise, the controls didn't seem to feel right (especially with the alien) and you can't crouch with the marine!!? The attacks where kind of crap for the alien to be honest and I'd hope the full game is a bit more polished than this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just had a go there. I think anyone who was a fan of the the first rebellion pc avp will feel somewhat nostalgic as it feels very similar in slot of ways. Though it seems to have streamlined alot of elements it has the same feel to it in balance and level design. Despite this I can't help but feel disapointed as a multiplayer experiance it only barely keeps on par with a 1998 title that had sub par multiplayer support. We are in the generation of online gaming a bit more thought would be nice. It's also in the demo alone tad confusing cause the demo explains nothing beyond the control layout (what does focus do? Oh it's a targeting system shame it took me 2 games to work it out)

It was a game that was improved on by it's sequel and this feels like a step back. Where is my damn pounce!

Where is my damn pounce?

I think the more pressing question is where is my damn crouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Slugs wrote: »
    I think the more pressing question is where is my damn crouch!

well its a bit weird that as the alien you are always crouched...which is kind of annoying element that has become a hallmark of poor alien adaptations since the avp films. (damn it these things are meant to be six feet tall!)

I dunno. My hope is we're not playing in infected terrain for the entire time =/ I hope they've decent map lists....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I have to admit that a free for all MP demo was probably not the way to go, it is somewhat confusing to get into and it feels strange to be shooting at fellow humans. I feel that one of the team deathmatch options could have been the better way to go.

Or, as was mentioned before, three individual one player levels to get you used to the control systems for each. Then go online to get thumped. :-)

The lack of crouch or pounce are somewhat criminal, too.

I'll be holding any final judgment until the finished game is available to see if these niggles are ironed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Is this demo for private matches only or is it open MP? I sat for 10 mins last night waiting for a game to connect to, but nothing came in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Is this demo for private matches only or is it open MP? I sat for 10 mins last night waiting for a game to connect to, but nothing came in.

I found I couldn't get a game on the PS3 version but didn't find any problems on the XBOX.

Advertisement