Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Competition] Invitation to the launch of the Miller "Give It A Twist" Exhibition

• 04-02-2010 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Nice invitation for 5 pairs of tickets to the below has come in:

image001.jpg

Want the tickets? First 5 people who can take the tickets and attend to reply below get them!

You should also check in with Pix.ie regarding tickets. Marcus might be able to help out. ;)

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I can attend and will take a pair. Thanks.

I can attend and would like one, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 markie24dublin

I can attend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brogen

I can go and would love tickets! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PhotoIreland

If possible,me too, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

meeeee.

feck too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

next in line just incase

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i vote a 10 post minimum to be eligible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nothing like free stuff to get the non-contributors out in force, a lesson well learned on the poker forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

In too then. I did get an invite by pix.ie to apply for an invite aswell but don't think that's a sure thing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Would love to get a ticket...
    I won best photo of the week from Dublin a couple of month ago, not sure though if it is going to be exhibited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

i vote a 10 post minimum to be eligible :D

Not a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah buggerit, I'm working abroad at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'd like some tickets too if they're still about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

next in line, or I could be someones date? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I'd like some tickets too if they're still about, got an invite from pixie as well ;)

Thanks all. True to my word, I'll be extending invitiations to the first 5 repliers but I have decided that it will only be forum regulars who these are open to, as soon as I can work out how to figure out who they are!

Lesson learned!

Will see if I can get more tickets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

as soon as I can work out how to figure out who they are!

Will make life easy for you;

Zaraba
    Melekalikimaka
    Chatbox (Not a regular here, but all over Boards... and deserves something nice after his feat last weekend...)
    RB
    Humberklog
    Sasar (In case any of the above can't)

Job done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

They could always just print out the picture you posted Darragh :P

Their names wouldn't be on the list, though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

14_doorman_lgl.jpg

Darragh wrote: »
    Their names wouldn't be on the list, though ;)

My dashing good looks would see me through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Will make life easy for you;

Zaraba
    Melekalikimaka
    Chatbox (Not a regular here, but all over Boards... and deserves something nice after his feat last weekend...)
    RB
    Humberklog
    Sasar (In case any of the above can't)

Job done :)
    I just look at the forum don't feel I can contribute much not having a decent camera , it should go to the regulars they keep it alive and I enjoy there posts .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

kjt wrote: »
    I'd like some tickets too if they're still about :)

Going to bring along some framed shots of your fancy Miller photos eh and see if that impresses them?! :)

Oh sorry forgot I put in for this...I'm grand. Think pix.ie have sorted me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Going to bring along some framed shots of your fancy Miller photos eh and see if that impresses them?! :)

Ooo not a bad idea if I get a ticket ;)

Sick I'm missing this :( I should print off a life-sized photo of me for the kids and head in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

What's the big deal with this? Apart from the wonderful Covey winning I thought this was a really weird and restrictive competition. It doesn't strike me as something I'd be bursting to attend even if I lived across the road.

Or did I miss the "free beer" bit :p

Valentia wrote: »

Or did I miss the "free beer" bit :p

:D

And meeting up with the gang..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

sineadw wrote: »
    :D

And meeting up with the gang..

That's alright so.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Valentia wrote: »
    That's alright so.....:D

And a free beer or two

I've got my plus one available if anybody wants to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I have an invite from pix.ie, if I can pass them on I will, as I can't make it, (Q. how do I pass them on ??) :o

I have an invite from pix.ie, if I can pass them on I will, as I can't make it, (Q. how do I pass them on ??) :o
    Just give them your name and then get someone on here to drop your name at the door when they get there.

whoop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I'll do the next one as I'll be 18 soon ;)

Went along to this earlier. I found the standard of photography to be very poor to be honest. I hadn't really bothered to take a look at many of the entries that have already been published online but if I had I probably wouldn't have bothered going. On the way out I spotted Jack L and the Rose of Trallee posing for photos, says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Effects wrote: »
    Went along to this earlier. I found the standard of photography to be very poor to be honest. I hadn't really bothered to take a look at many of the entries that have already been published online but if I had I probably wouldn't have bothered going. On the way out I spotted Jack L and the Rose of Trallee posing for photos, says it all really.

Shame you didn't enter, you'd probably have won:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

How did you get an invite? I thought they were only for competition participants!

How did you get an invite? I thought they were only for competition participants!

And critics ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Arrh Tommie .... I am sure you have a thick skin by now.

Still ..... you maybe crying all the way to New York!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Shame your night was ruined. Having to look at very poor pictures must have been very distressing, and then Jack L on top of that! I suppose there was some consolation in the plentiful supply of Miller that you got under false pretences.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

Totally disagree with this comment. must have been a given a few too many free twists and missed the whole concept of the competition a good night was had by all that i too Didn't know Jack L was there but the lovely Miss Julie Feeney performed excellently. Thanks Pixie Miller and congrats again Covey.

In truth I wasn't looking forward to the music, but here's another vote for Julie Feeney. What a voice and performance.

Was JackL there? He didn't ask for my autograph ;):rolleyes:

aidan18 wrote: »
    Totally disagree with this comment. must have been a given a few too many free twists and missed the whole concept of the competition.
    I'd say it was the other way around, you must have had too many.
    I got an invite from Darragh on here. I offered my other ticket but nobody was interested.
    Shame your night was ruined. Having to look at very poor pictures must have been very distressing, and then Jack L on top of that! I suppose there was some consolation in the plentiful supply of Miller that you got under false pretences.
    My night wasn't ruined. And I didn't get any Miller under false pretences. I had one bottle.

I forgot you can't have an opinion around here sometimes.

I'd a ball. Free food, free beer, more beer in the pub, Julie feeney; I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed her. As always I really enjoy catching up with people that have generally the same broad interest in photography because during the creative aspect it's a solitary thing.

Content wise I was impressed at the judging committee's concept. No obvious throws and as for the winning pic I thought it a very bold choice. A correct one.

I think I'd the same feeling as what a lot of people do when someone selects their favourite from your work: surprise. I'm always left thinking "why the hell that one?".

I'm as vain as the next person (maybe even moreso) and was a little disappointed or miffed when I thought I'd been overlooked but thanks to Lech Solera he pointed me in the direction of one of mine. Pleased as punch to stand beside my own photo in a gallery, really chuffed. Even if I really didn't like my photo. Guess it's the simple things in life that can really enrich your soul and put a little skip in your step.

"Thank god it's not poncey" I thought to myself when necking my last of about 12 Miller.

Congats to Covey on bringing home the bacon for Boards.

I was in there today "doing stuff" and they were already taking it down. About right too I thought, keep it fleeting.

Advertisement