Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu Nenagh

Options
  • 04-02-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Was just down at the Supervalu in Nenagh and it seems they have closed down. Very sad news for all concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Sad news indeed.. What chains are left operating in the town now OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Sad news indeed.. What chains are left operating in the town now OP?

Nenagh has most of the main chains bar aldi, a lidl, tesco, dunnes, actually went to dunnes after and the car park was quite full. O'Connors is in a great position in the centre of town with free parking, if it was done up id reckon they'd do great business although saying that they do alright i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Nenagh has most of the main chains bar aldi, a lidl, tesco, dunnes, actually went to dunnes after and the car park was quite full. O'Connors is in a great position in the centre of town with free parking, if it was done up id reckon they'd do great business although saying that they do alright i reckon.

o connors is not doing great, the big one is empty most days, which is sad.

is this the supervalue down at the streme centre? heard that Aldi are eyeing it up today on Tipp FM and that the chaber of commerce want them to come into the town centre instead. A local developer has got planning permission for a nice development in the town so perhaps that is the thing, God knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

is this the supervalue down at the streme centre? heard that Aldi are eyeing it up today on Tipp FM and that the chaber of commerce want them to come into the town centre instead. A local developer has got planning permission for a nice development in the town so perhaps that is the thing, God knows...

it is the supervalue at the streme centre..that place never really took off and location slightly isolated and hidden did not help.I would imagine Aldi would rather build there own place from the ground up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

What is going ahead in the town. I'd rather see more development in the town rather than outside it to be honest. I was in that shop in Streame before and it was busy enough. If there were more houses built in streame it would wrok well. There isn't much residential areas at that side of the town to really bring footfalll to be honest. Is there any plans to build more houses in Streame.

I heard Nenagh Construction got permission for more houses in Springfort Meadows. That estate is pretty popular and nearly even posh I would say in comparison to other estates in the centre of the town. They are building 5 now, and got permission for another 30 I think approx.

I heard that they have developments going ahead in the Kenyon street car park. The guys behind Quintens way are on it. I seen the development advertizement,and I thought the development looked horrible. I don't want to see that go ahead in its current form to be honest. Its cheap, drabby and crappy in design. There is no way a development should ever go ahead in such a sensitive prime site. The building has no connection to the local area, and its quite damaging to the facet of the town centres image. This site is part of the old ball alley lane district. That crappy town centre retail park hybrid is not acceptable at all. I'm also not a fan of the development along the car park either. I can't understand how they got permission to built cheap dreay buildings fronting onto the towns main throughfares, absaioutely horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

just wondering if Aldi got the go ahead in nenagh??? if so where is it going to be located??? just being nosy!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

anigheh wrote: »
    just wondering if Aldi got the go ahead in nenagh??? if so where is it going to be located??? just being nosy!!! :)
    There was talk about Aldi opening a store in the Springfort Retail Park but as far as I know that has now been put on hold now. Tesco and Lidl seem to be the only stores in Nenagh that are doing significant business, Dunnes has been awful quite since the opening of the Tesco Extra store.

Advertisement