Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling UTV

• 04-02-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why UTV internet, would try to charge me a "broadband cancellation fee"

I was with them for about 3 years and gave them 30 days notice of my cancellation, which they acknowledged!!!

Yet they insist on trying to squeeze more out of me now.

I tried to look up their T&C online, but of course the page won't load :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Does anyone know why UTV internet, would try to charge me a "broadband cancellation fee"

I was with them for about 3 years and gave them 30 days notice of my cancellation, which they acknowledged!!!

I tried to look up their T&C online, but of course the page won't load :rolleyes:

UTV have always had the cancellation charge AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Really? That's mad!!

Thanks for the reply ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The 'ransom' clause has been in all their recent terms and conditions. However you should check back to see what set of Terms and Conditions you actually signed.

If at any stage you upgraded your original product then you may have had to commit to a new contract and thus subjected yourself to the charge.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UTV have always had the cancellation charge AFAIK

Not always - only since they went into their 'cute hoorism' stage some years ago. Prior to that UTV were imaginative and innovative and the darlings of boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Best of luck with that. It took me 6 months and a solicitor to get free from them. That was about 4 years ago. They're cyber-paramilitary crooks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement