Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas teaser trailer

Options
  • 04-02-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭

*twoooing*

Thats the sound of my pants flying off after watching this, its just a teaser in a similar vein to the fallout 3 vid in the ruined bus. Autumn cant come fast enough.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I had completely forgotten about this :eek:

Well, there's fup-all to go on, so it certainly ticks the boxes of modern gaming trailers. Though the suggestion that the New Californian Republic will play a part is intriguing.

I don't remember reading any useful details about this sequel, technical or otherwise. It wouldn't mind knowing if they intend junking that godawful engine for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

WANT.

better come out on PC or there will be blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

WANT.

better come out on PC or there will be blood.

says games for windows at the end on the bottom.

afaik its deffo on pc

edit

http://kotaku.com/5464157/fallout-new-vegas-set-for-fall-release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Cant wait !
    Being developed by Obsidian and not Bethesda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There goes another 100 hours of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

*Drools*
    Is there a release date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had completely forgotten about this :eek:

Well, there's fup-all to go on, so it certainly ticks the boxes of modern gaming trailers. Though the suggestion that the New Californian Republic will play a part is intriguing.

I don't remember reading any useful details about this sequel, technical or otherwise. It wouldn't mind knowing if they intend junking that godawful engine for starters.

Same engine as far as I know, all Obsidian are doing is basing another story in the world of Fallout taking over from where Bethesda left off. I'd expect the game to have a similar feel and style though I'd be surprised if Obsidian don't try to put their own mark on it.

Still though, one of my favourite games of 2007 so cannot wait for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Ohmygod. Yes! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A few of the Obsidian team are former interplay/black isle employees that worked on the original 2 games. I'd like to see a game were combat is less important and speech and stealth are viable options like in the old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

omg omg omg

I've played through fallouts 1,2 and 3, I am dying to get this.

Hopefully the former black isle employees will add some depth to the fallout 3 style, which I loved, but was a bit different to 1 and 2 depth wise but forgiveable for an overall fantastic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A few of the Obsidian team are former interplay/black isle employees that worked on the original 2 games. I'd like to see a game were combat is less important and speech and stealth are viable options like in the old games.

Ah, didn't know this but then I haven't got around to playing the originals yet. I know, shame on me.

Heads over to GOG for some classic Fallout action.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks good,cant wait for it to come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Should be good. Obsidian will do a better job than Bethesda IMO. A lot of the devs who worked on Fallout 1/2 are on the Obsidian team making this AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hobochris wrote: »
    *Drools*
    Is there a release date yet?

Fall 2010 we better stock up on pampers until then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I just came. I love Fallout 3 so much. Really looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

Fallout 3 only game i'v ever played through twice, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep top notch game the last one was!

Really hope this tops it.

lol I still load up 3 just to walk the wastelands listening to GNR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23694

Some more info has arrived, taken from the Bethesda forums (but all collated here) and all from the new PC Gamer UK March issue (has a 6 page feature....not out yet though it seems).

Includes:
    * It's a first-person view game, using the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, GamesAreArt)
    * A new "Hardcore mode" will be available, in which (among other things) stimpacks heal over time, ammo has weight, and players can suffer from dehydration.
    * The story focuses on a conflict between three factions: the New California Republic (a nation from Fallout 2), "Caesar's Legions," based on the Vegas strip, and the residents of New Vegas.
    * The player is not a Vault Dweller but a courier who is rescued by a friendly robot.
    * Super Mutants resembling those from Fallout 2 make an appearance, including the unique (and stealthy) Nightkin.
    * A "reputation system" measuring faction friendliness operates beside the karma system.
    * Some story points and locations seem to have been lifted from the old "Van Buren" demo, including the Hoover Dam.
    * Followers can be managed via a context-sensitive menu containing commands such as "follow," "stay" and "attack."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What I really want is a patched GOTY edition! First anyway.

This game better have better QA than previous efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So this the first Fallout where the player isn't a Vault dweller? :)

Well Fallout 2 you weren't but you were KINDA a vault dweller, being descended from him/her.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    * A new "Hardcore mode" will be available, in which (among other things) stimpacks heal over time, ammo has weight, and players can suffer from dehydration.

This will be the only mode I play :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some screenshots seemed to have snuck into the public domain. They appear genuine enough to me, though looking at evidence of that stodgy engine does make me shiver a little:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23802

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Some screenshots seemed to have snuck into the public domain. They appear genuine enough to me, though looking at evidence of that stodgy engine does make me shiver a little:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23802

Yeah I really wish they would ditch the gamebryo engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

WTF is that robot doing ??

The retarted WALL-E of the fallout world, trying to organise sand ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Den85

Man, they gotta update their game engine asap. I didn't mind Fallout looking and feeling like Oblivion but this is getting silly. Still, here's hoping it's good as I loved Fallout 3.

For gods sake, the combat armor model is identical, some of the mutants models are identical, the scenery is identical to fallout 3 (I thought there was meant to be vegetation) the cars look the same. It seems little has been done to make this game visually different from the last one.

It looks like they haven't even done new models for a lot of things, look forward to fallout 3, part II it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

It looks like they haven't even done new models for a lot of things, look forward to fallout 3, part II it seems.

Hopefully that's only because the game isn't finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Looks like a DLC for Fallout 3 rather than a new game. I'm excited about this release but I don't think it'll have the same sense of 'Wow' as Fallout 3.

Advertisement