Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Merseyside Derby - SS1 06/02 @12.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Get the **** in!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

4th place thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

great win for the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Warper wrote: »
    Gerrard has to be biggest cheat left in the PL. What a tosser

Hahahahaha. Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yeaaaaaa! Put your hands up for dirk kuyt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

he's biiiiggggg and he's ****in aahhhhhddddtt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good win for the Pol given they had 10 men for an hour but Everton were quite awful.

Pretty much cements them for the 4th that was never really in question in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

But ya Everton never threatened in the second half - disappointing in what was a very poor match. The EPL is getting worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

what because pienarr was so well behaved today or something? he flung himself into gerrard willy nilly and got a second (deserved) booking. nothing to do with stephen gerrard.

Naaaa Terry's worse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

he's a disgrace. One of the poorest role models as a player in the PL.

kids watching his cheating see it as a perfectly justifiable way to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

jebidiah wrote: »
    he's biiiiggggg and he's ****in aahhhhhddddtt!

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Woooo..........hoooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Pool were deserved winners, hard to tell who had the 10 men at times.Shocking game of football ruined by awful officiating once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Awful game of football. Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jesus, some rough tackles in that

Didn't see it earlier but Peenarse shoulda been sent off in the first half without a doubt

But ya Everton never threatened in the second half - disappointing in what was a very poor match. The EPL is getting worse.

i thought it was really exciting? isnt that what everyone was saying?

everton were shown up today. couldnt break down a 10 man liverpool and a lack of concentration and coordination cost them a goal.
    deserved victory for the reds, the better team on the day for 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thank you diggler.

4th; get in.

it's a pity that that is an achievement, but the lads have ground it out very well recently.

we're stuff f*cking appalling to watch, but who the f*ck cares at the moment?

quarryman wrote: »

I imagine you'd prefer your son reading about John Terry in the papers, or maybe you want him to be the next Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sickened. When Liverpool park a bus in front of you, creative players have to stand up and be counted for. Saha and Pienaar in particular were disappointing in this respect. We were doing Okay up until the goal which Howard could have and should have prevented. After that there was only one winner. Liverpool did their job well and I cannot have any complaints except against Everton players.

So fed up losing this fixture I'm thankful it only happens twice a season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Massive result - Up to fourth :D:D:D

Pretty much the worst officiating I've seen all season.

Everton were utter gash at 11v10 and I think it was the wrong decision to bring Arteta on. Clearly not match-fit.

Villa Spurs draw and Hull win please.

Also while it's a pity Krygiakos will miss games, it's unlikely he would have been needed for his aerial prowess against Arsenal giant sized midgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jazzy wrote: »
    i thought it was really exciting? isnt that what everyone was saying?

everton were shown up today. couldnt break down a 10 man liverpool and a lack of concentration and coordination cost them a goal.
    deserved victory for the reds, the better team on the day for 90 minutes

As a supporter of neither team the actual football on show, in particular from Everton was low quality stuff. But in terms of the tackles flying in and all round committment to a full blooded derby it was quite entertaining alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Neville was **** and we needed more creativity? Has Moyes forgotten about Coleman!?

Anichebe as well, why no Bily? Or someone who isn't **** and coming back form a massive injury.

And the Yak? He was terrible in the ACN.

Moyes should be ashamed, and besides maybe Heitinga, Donovan and Cahill, so should all the team. I'm embarassed to be a blue today, they really let us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bad game of football. Some awful tackles. Im delighted Felanni is injured now, as much as Kyriakos went 2 footed, Felanni was no better with his effort and his previous kick at Kuyt :rolleyes: .
    Referee was brutal ... only good thing to come from the game was the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yup just like Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba, Terry, Adebayor, Eduardo, et al...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Absolutely delighted after that. We showed heart and commitment something that has been lacking in a few games this season.

And Mascherano was bloody immense today. The discipline we showed when we went down to ten men was brilliant and Rafa deserves alot of credit for that.

Terrible referee today. Pienaar should of been long gone before his red, awful awful tackle. Fair enough Kyriagos maybe should of got the red but HOW did Fellani not get sent off? That was horrible what he did.

Really happy the way the whole team played. Ngog for much of the things I dont like about him did really well and Babel showed he was up for it aswell. Maxi is looking like a very tidy player aswell.

Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Voltwad wrote: »
    Neville was **** and we needed more creativity? Has Moyes forgotten about Coleman!?

Anichebe as well, why no Bily? Or someone who isn't **** and coming back form a massive injury.

And the Yak? He was terrible in the ACN.

Moyes should be ashamed, and besides maybe Heitinga, Donovan and Cahill, so should all the team. I'm embarassed to be a blue today, they really let us down.

Was very surprised and glad that Bily wasn't one of the subs.
    I thought with his inventiveness and goal threat he was likely to be one of the first subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Im not going to bite, think il just..........

stay_classy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It's a DISGWACE!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Good result, not a great performance though. Cant fault any Liverpool players though, all stood up when we went down to 10. Lucas was brilliant again, good to hear the Kop chanting his name at the end too.

flahavaj wrote: »
    As a supporter of neither team the actual football on show, in particular from Everton was low quality stuff. But in terms of the tackles flying in and all round committment to a full blooded derby it was quite entertaining alright.

yeah thats what i was thinking too. was great to see that amount of passion on the pitch.
    ref was a chickenhead, barely knew what to do.

liverpool didnt "park the bus" they just reset into two lines of 4 and everton didnt have any creativity at all on the pitch. cahill was invisible up front but did well when he was getting back and helping the team. if liverpool had 11 men i could easily see another goal for them. you could see liverpool begin to tire around the 70 minute mark being down to 10 but i was happy to see their concentration levels so high, something that has been sorely missing for months (well, untill xmas at least). onwards and upwards for the red half of merseyside, familiar mediocrity for the blue :)

so can Fellani be done for his stamp, considering the ref 'missed it'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

so can Fellani be done for his stamp, considering the ref 'missed it'?

He can but he wont be. Sure the idiot sky sports commentators didnt mention it once even

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im not going to bite, think il just..........

I'm in a glass case of emotioooooooon!

• Advertisement

Lucas, once again, was excellent.

as was N'Gog.

they stood up as much as any of the senior players today.

Splainc wrote: »
    He can but he wont be. Sure the idiot sky sports commentators didnt mention it once even

and we all know they are top quality pundits...

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'm in a glass case of emotioooooooon!

people stealing my lines on this forum!! its gotta stop! :D

SlickRic wrote: »

Lucas was fúcking amazing, I was so impressed with him. Every challenge outside the box, and again when he got back to block Anichebe's shot, he was everywhere. Won a few headers today too. A couple of marauding runs, and his ability to keep the ball and hold it up is fantastic. I was just thinking to myself of what a turn-a-round Lucas has done. This time last year he was getting booed and abused, now he's a key member of the team. Talk about keeping your head up and fighting for your place.

Lucas was fúcking amazing, I was so impressed with him. Every challenge outside the box, and again when he got back to block Anichebe's shot, he was everywhere. Won a few headers today too. A couple of marauding runs, and his ability to keep the ball and hold it up is fantastic. I was just thinking to myself of what a turn-a-round Lucas has done. This time last year he was getting booed and abused, now he's a key member of the team. Talk about keeping your head up and fighting for your place.
    Luckily for him Anichebe is shockingly poor at finishing. Any striker wort his salt would have buried before Lucas could have gotten near him.

• Advertisement

Thought Insua did very well also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

SlickRic wrote: »

as was N'Gog.

they stood up as much as any of the senior players today.

Lucas was excellent today. Ngog was good but wouldnt say excellent. He had two good chances and made nothing of them, but his holding up of the ball was brilliant.

Insua was excellent aswell today.

and he was pretty poor for much of last year.

but he was still young; still is in fact.

i'm just delighted we've kept faith in him, and he, as you say, is a key member of the team after working fúcking hard to win people over.

and if/when Masch leaves, it wouldn't depress me to have Lucas as our main anchorman in midfield.

Insua got absolutely skinned by Donovan and left on his arse by Anichebe, if it wasn't for the rest of the team being immense defensively those mistakes could have cost us dear. He's just not good enough.

he's definitely not fast enough, but experience will over come that lack of pace at some stage. the only question is when?

he's definitely not fast enough, but experience will over come that lack of pace at some stage. the only question is when?

I really don't know he just looks absolutely clueless half the time I had high hopes for him but they've faded this season he's been a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was some of the worst officiating i've ever seen!

I can't understand how Peineer wasn't sent off in the 1st half and how he was sent off in the 2nd half. Gerrard getting a yellow and Babel offside.

But probably the worst decision imo was when Cahill was called offside when there was 5 Liverpool players playing him onside in various positions! What the hell, Anicebe backed well away from the ball. Crazy!

Anyway great team performance. Masch was immense at right back. Did an excellent job.

N'gog did a great job too and was quite surprised to see him go off but was pretty happy with Babel coming on. His touch wasn't great (to say the least) but he worked for the ball and got a good 30 mins in so Rafa must be seeing something in training at the moment.

Gerrard finally showed a bit of passion this season.. made some excellent tackles and for once a decent corner. (Ridiculously poor from Howard though)

Maxi had a few nice touches and passes but didn't really get a lot of ball.

Finally Kuyt is really picking up some form. Had a great game today, his touch and awareness was a lot better and he did excellent to position himself for the goal.

Great Result and on course for higher than 4th!!

Great result with 10 men.

Kuyt was immense today, fúckin love him.

Lucas and Mash excellent in the middle again. Maxi played very well, working very hard for the team. Gerrard also got stuck in and looked up for it.

Fúcking delighted to beat them again.

7 games unbeaten, the crisis continues.

Just to clarify, did Soto get a straight red or a second yellow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Voltwad wrote: »
    banner on the kop, picture of the European Cup, "Steaua Bucharest 1986" written beside it

no shame have they?

Not take the joke at the Everton fans who say they would have won the European Cup in 86 if it had not been for Liverpool

• Advertisement
Advertisement