Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Merseyside Derby - SS1 06/02 @12.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fellaini and/or Lucas to get sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Saha to score the winner in celebration of his contract extension

I thought he only scored winners near the end of contracts? :)

Kuyt likes to score v the blues.

I have a feeling he may be in the goals again tomor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Kuyt likes to score v the blues.

I have a feeling he may be in the goals again tomor

would be a decent bet to get on the score-sheet alright, in a good run of scoring and is always a man to come to the fore when big goals are needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Being schooled by the master right here. The only throll I actually enjoy on boards ;)

The "h" takes the sting out of your othrwise most flattering compliment.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

flahavaj wrote: »
    The "h" takes the sting out of your othrwise most flattering compliment.:pac:

Despite proving that I can't spell, it was meant as a compliment :D Taking the piss is fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Saha to score the winner in celebration of his contract extension

And injure himself for the duration of said contract while celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Rumoured LFC lineup:

Reina, Carra, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Insua, Lucas, Mascherano, Maxi, Kuyt, Gerrard ,N'gog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Rumoured LFC lineup:

Reina, Carra, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Insua, Lucas, Mascherano, Maxi, Kuyt, Gerrard ,N'gog
    aqua out again. brilliant :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yup.

It's getting tedious at this stage. While he hasn't been great just yet we look a more balanced side with him in it. 4 games, 4 wins and he's had two assists as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

Looking forward to this one, Everton should be able to get the win if you judge recent form but then again form tends to go out the window in these games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If form counts then it'll be a 2-2 draw or 2-1 win to Liverpool (pool conceeding fewer goals)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

interesting fact that I just heard on ssn

there has been more red cards in the Merseyside Derby than any other fixture in the PL

Headshot wrote: »
    interesting fact that I just heard on ssn

there has been more red cards in the Merseyside Derby than any other fixture in the PL

so 11/4 on a red card may be a tasty bet...

I thought everyone knew that, Fellini is my prime candidate followed by Lucas.

Maybe we should do a virtual sweepstake :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

aqua out again. brilliant :rolleyes:

xabi alonso and luis garcia were in and out of the team in their first season, iirc they didnt start the derbies (definitely the goodison one, cant remember the anfield one) and it worked out pretty good in the long run from them...

mike65 wrote: »
    I thought everyone knew that, Fellini is my prime candidate followed by Lucas.

Maybe we should do a virtual sweepstake :p
    Ill go for neville to be sent off

Reina,
    Carragher, Kyrgiakos,Agger, Insua
    Mascherano, Lucas,
    Kuyt
    Gerrard,
    Rodriguez,
    NGog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Riera, Aurelio, Babel, Degen, Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The white bib team continues...

Reina
    Carra Agger Kyrgiakos Insua
    Lucas Mascherano
    Kuyt Gerrard Maxi
    Ngog

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Riera, Aurelio, Babel, Degen, Skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Gary being escourted out of the grounds for excessive use of his middle finger :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Please be a good game, please be a good game.

As for the posts slating the derby what are you talking about? The merseyside derby is one of the most famous derbies around.

Our derby is a different kettle of fish tbh. The last time we played Sunderland there was killings apparently and fans coming together in the stadium.

It's a very violent derby but the Merseyside derby always has a good atmosphere about it and I love seeing Everton and Liverpool fans sitting beside each other in the stadium.

I love derbies and the bragging rights and good banter about them but I'd never go to a Tyne-Wear derby tbh.

xabi alonso and luis garcia were in and out of the team in their first season, iirc they didnt start the derbies (definitely the goodison one, cant remember the anfield one) and it worked out pretty good in the long run from them...

But we lost 1-0 when Diao started ahead of Alonso ......

Everton: Howard, Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Donovan, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha.
    Subs: Nash, Bilyaletdinov, Arteta, Yakubu, Senderos, Anichebe, Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

mike65 wrote: »
    Everton: Howard, Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Donovan, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha.

Dangerous team imo, Kuyt will have to track back alot with Baines & Pienaar because Carra will be caught for pace there. Masch should stifle Donovan and Lucas should upset Fellaini, Hopefully Agger is back to full fitness because Cahill's in fine form, I've an awfull feeling he's gona score from a corner.

But we lost 1-0 when Diao started ahead of Alonso ......

short term < long term imo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

welcome back headshot :rolleyes:

I think the LFC lineup kinda hands the initiative to Everton. It's obvious that we're not going to have much of a go at them with Lucas and Mascherano in the middle.

We'll probably play with little width and try to battle it out down the middle, and we won't have much success that way. I think the smart gambler (and I can't claim to be one) would be laying Liverpool today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

2-2 for me.

13/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

213th Merseyside Derby

th_676-5.png34tai46.pngth_650-5.png

Anfield
    Saturday, 6 February

Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi, Ngog.
    Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Riera, Aurelio, Babel, Degen, Skrtel.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

I think the LFC lineup kinda hands the initiative to Everton. It's obvious that we're not going to have much of a go at them with Lucas and Mascherano in the middle.

We'll probably play with little width and try to battle it out down the middle, and we won't have much success that way. I think the smart gambler (and I can't claim to be one) would be laying Liverpool today.

well they both started when we beat everton and man utd, so i reckon you're being overly crticial and pessimistic as usual...

• Advertisement

welcome back headshot :rolleyes:

ok........

i see some things never change

im hoping its a good game today, I hope to see plenty of goals but I just cant see it

well they both started when we beat everton and man utd, so i reckon you're being overly crticial and pessimistic as usual...

Well I am hungover. What else would you expect me to be like ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

If it is a proper merseyside derby then the centre is gonna be a scrap and a fight so i would have gone with those two myself. that said riera not starting on the left does indeed give everton alot of help as maxi will provide no width and give everton alot less problems defending on that side. same said carra and kuyt will give us no width on the right :|

Gerrard needs to bloody wake up today.

COME ONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Should be interesting to see how Maxi does - presuambly he's going to be on the left?

Looking at the line-up I'd expect either Aquilani or Riera to be the first subs for pool.

Everton look a much better side now that they have the majority of their players back fit.

I hope to see plenty of goals but I just cant see it

Yeah can't see it being a goal-fest either
    Splainc wrote: »
    If it is a proper merseyside derby then the centre is gonna be a scrap and a fight so i would have gone with those two myself. that said riera not starting on the left does indeed give everton alot of help as maxi will provide no width and give everton alot less problems defending on that side. same said carra and kuyt will give us no width on the right :|

Don't think we can say that Maxi on the left will automatically meant on width there.

Also on Aquilani on the bench, I think it's a sensible decision. Can understand the logic in not throwing him into a Merseyside derby, given how long he was out and the fact that Everton and especially Fellani will be very likely to be kicking lumps out of everything that moves in the centre of the pitch. I'd imagine he's a dead cert to start against Arsenal next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Should be interesting to see how Maxi does - presuambly he's going to be on the left?

Looking at the line-up I'd expect either Aquilani or Riera to be the first subs for pool.

Everton look a much better side now that they have the majority of their players back fit.

I wonder when he will bring them on?!!! :rolleyes:

Phil Neville is the joint Merseyside derby record holder in own goals (2) and red cards (2).

Let's hope he breaks at least one of them today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Let's hope he breaks at least one of them today
    preferably that Gerrard chap.

Aquilani interview just on Football Focus.

Said he's still not 100% fit. Said he was a different type of player to Alonso, not a playmaker. English pretty good for someone who didn't have any English when he arrived. Said he had a tutor/teacher. Interviewer asked him if it was Jamie Carragher and Aquilani said something like Jamie doesn't speak English:p

• Advertisement

LOL @ the epic music Sky have on in the background when they're going through the line ups.

That_Guy wrote: »
    LOL @ the epic music Sky have on in the background when they're going through the line ups.
    How do Kopites feel about Rodriguez?

Voltwad wrote: »

still settling in, hasnt done a huge amount of note...

Voltwad wrote: »

I dunno. I'm not one of those people. ;)

The gods always seem to be against us in this fixture, something always goes wrong. Right lads I wont be posting during this. I'll be a nervous wreck.

good to see yossi down with the team wishing them good luck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

what radio station will this be on? Driving to cork at the moment...

3 renault ads in a row? f**k off bill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bit of cash on Derek to score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

3 renault ads in a row? f**k off bill...

I like the Megane ad.
    Jerk it out FTW!

what radio station will this be on? Driving to cork at the moment...

Today FM maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement