Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Merseyside Derby - SS1 06/02 @12.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lol at Liverpool defending. What a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

oh man cahill

I withdraw my comment about Arteta he is definitely the man to bring into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

eh - no. He went in two footed. both feet went towards the player.

nope. watch the replay. i still think it was a two footed challenge, but only one foot hit the player from what i saw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

what? so your saying a late, over the ball challenge is not a red? holding a player in the box is not a pen?

think you need to read the rule book...

As far as I know, a two-footed tackle is reckless and a straight red. Your attempts to not call it so is quite biased.

Holding player in the box is also a pen, but it happens quite often nowadays.

That said, the ref is having a stinker for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Warper wrote: »
    oh man cahill

I withdraw my comment about Arteta he is definitely the man to bring into this

For the likes of set pieces yes but I personally don't think he's got the presence to get stuck into tackles.

Very heated first half. Should really be down to 10 men each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That_Guy wrote: »
    Andy Gray called it "clever". Tis cheating Andy. Close from Gerrard.

There was contatc. Is it only Gerrard that isn't allowed go down under contact now? Most other teams fans on here have defended players goign down when theres been contact, however small, saying that once theres contact it's ok.

Double standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

nope. watch the replay. i still think it was a two footed challenge, but only one foot hit the player from what i saw...
    Is Fellaini not injured no? It was a horrible challenge, so was Pienaars though.

As far as I know, a two-footed tackle is reckless and a straight red. Your attempts to not call it so is quite biased.

Holding player in the box is also a pen, but it happens quite often nowadays.

That said, the ref is having a stinker for both sides.

stop talking BS, i have said at least 3 times here that it was a definite red for the Greek. and he got a red, so why would everton fans complain about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Ah fu*k it, i forgot about this game. Was there good chances for goals.

Stekelly wrote: »
    There was contatc. Is it only Gerrard that isn't allowed go down under contact now? Most other teams fans on here have defended players goign down when theres been contact, however small, saying that once theres contact it's ok.

Double standards
    'Clever' me arse, Gerrard back to his diving tactics.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Is Fellaini not injured no? It was a horrible challenge, so was Pienaars though.

Players can get injured in legitmate challenges too. Not talkign about this on ein particular but saying that because he's injured it's automatically a foul is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wait, so you can go two foot and put another player in danger but it's only punishable when he connects and breaks someone's leg? Oh yeah, best way to stamp it out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

manutd wrote: »

Bar the bad tackles it's been a pretty poor game.

Players can get injured in legitmate challenges too. Not talkign about this on ein particular but saying that because he's injured it's automatically a foul is stupid.
    I've not seen a player scream that much after a challenge in a long time. It was a two footed challenge, by the rules of the game it was correct to send him off.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wait, so you can go two foot and put another player in danger but it's only punishable when he connects and breaks someone's leg? Oh yeah, best way to stamp it out :rolleyes:

Fellaini already did that.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i have said it was a red, studs were up and his two feet left the ground. but only one foot made contact from what i have seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Fair play to Liverpool, they've won the physical battle so far, been a yard quicker to most balls and looked more likely to get the goal.

Stephen Gerrard just has to look over at the ref and grimace if he wants a free kick.

0-1 Everton by the end, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't belive Rafa will go the next 45 with only three defenders, so who is going to be sacrificed?

there must be something wrong with you,

IT WAS A DEFINITE RED...

if you read my post, i said if kyrgiakos had made a one footed challenge, Fellani still would have caught him...

• Advertisement

Only really one chance for Cahill near the end of the half. Unmarked, headed over. 1 red for Krgyiaos....greek guy, 2 feet on Fellani who was badly hurt. Should've been another for Pienaar after 2 feet on Kuyt.

Gerrard had a half chance with a free from the left which Howard palmed away. Saha was through aswell but Reina was lightning quick out though. Everton have more possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Both Fellaini and Pienaars tackles were worse than the Greeks. Both of them should have gotten red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Everton had the best of the chances in the first half.

Looking forward to seeing Carragher getting his marching orders in this half too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

JEsus fcuking christ. What a sick challenge by the Greek.

Also, couldn't be happier than Mascherano got tackled by Pienaar. Karma for the tackle on Ben Haim against Portsmouth.

Def red card for two feet but fellaini saw it and did him big time with a stamp

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Only really one chance for Cahill near the end of the half. Unmarked, headed over. 1 red for Krgyiaos....greek guy, should've been another for Pienaar after 2 feet on Kuyt.

Not Quite , He kicked Kuyt in the head. It was Mascherano he did in the shins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

stop talking BS, i have said at least 3 times here that it was a definite red for the Greek. and he got a red, so why would everton fans complain about that?

Apologies it was SteKelly that said it wasn't two-footed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

there must be something wrong with you,

IT WAS A DEFINITE RED...

Then what the hell is your point about only one foot making contact? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I really hate it when "fans" demand red cards for events that have yet to happen.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mike65 wrote: »
    Can't belive Rafa will go the next 45 with only three defenders, so who is going to be sacrificed?

Maxi I'd say. He's been very quiet. Hasn't done a whole lot.

• Advertisement

I did?

banner on the kop, picture of the European Cup, "Steaua Bucharest 1986" written beside it

no shame have they?

Not Quite , He kicked Kuyt in the head. It was Mascherano he did in the shins.

MEH!

It's been rough for everybody.

Then what the hell is your point about only one foot making contact? :confused:

since i have to break it down for you, coz obviously your skills of comprehension are not very good.

muppet said kyrgiakos wouldnt have gotten injured had he made a fair challenge, i disputed this...

Looks very much to me that Felliani came down on Kyriakos there.

Both reds imo.

Yellow each if the ref is beign consistant though:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

The Muppet wrote: »
    Everton had the best of the chances in the first half.

Cahill had the best chance but pool have had more openings to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Tackling by both teams has been shocking. Everton should have at least two reds while liverpool are lucky to have just the one. The Greek and Fellaini should have been sent off. Fellaini should have been off before that. Pienaar should be off and so should Masch.

Horrible to watch.

muppet said kyrgiakos wouldnt have gotten injured had he made a fair challenge, i disputed this...

Did I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

mike65 wrote: »
    Lucas for Skrtel? Or Maxi even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

It's not too often that you see a game like this! The quality is awful but the tackling is mental! A real throwback to the old days. The ony thing missing is the muddy pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I honestly can't see how Fellani doesn't get sent off too. He jumps, with both feet on Kyrigakos' shin. Should have been red for both.

I'm hearing a possible broken bone in Fellaini's foot. Shít buzz if true.

If he hadn't gone in two footed on the everton lad he wouldn't have been caught. He was only stood on cause of where he put himself. If he had gone in legally he wouldn't have been caught at all. I don't think the everton lad ment to catch him, honestly. In the end, it does look a bad one from the everton lad too, but i'd still blame 'Kyr'

seems i'm just as bad. sorry muppet it was mitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I am absolutely loving this.

I'm hearing a possible broken bone in Fellaini's foot. Shít buzz if true.

Still dont know how. Kyriakos got him in the left foot. The only contact with Felliani's right foot was when he stamped on Kyriakos.

I honestly can't see how Fellani doesn't get sent off too. He jumps, with both feet on Kyrigakos' shin. Should have been red for both.

Having seen the replays at half time I agree, Fellani saw the challenge coming and stamped on the greek, Both should have seen red.

banner on the kop, picture of the European Cup, "Steaua Bucharest 1986" written beside it

no shame have they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the ref is a chickenhead

no shame have they?

So good you posted it twice eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

no shame have they?
    I heard you the first time ;)

Advertisement