Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for a business

• 04-02-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

At present we are using a 2mb leased line in work. I want to get an accompaning fast ADSL line 7mb -> 20mb+ so as to allow regular internet browsing and downloading through that line.

Our leased line is with Eircom. Anyone got any recommendations on who I should be checking out?

We have about 30-35 users in the office.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

- BT Ireland (BT still handle Business customers)
    - Smart (depending on your area)
    - Eircom
    - Magnet (if they do business cutsomers)

They'd be the likely crowd I suppose off hand, basically a matter of seeing who provides what you need/want for the best price.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Cabaal wrote: »
    - BT Ireland (BT still handle Business customers)
    - Smart (depending on your area)
    - Eircom
    - Magnet (if they do business cutsomers)

They'd be the likely crowd I suppose off hand, basically a matter of seeing who provides what you need/want for the best price.

Magnet do indeed offer business packs.

http://www.magnetbusiness.ie/index.htm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Magnet do indeed offer business packs.

I wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I can help out with the Smart pricing and info if requried - or Digiweb for that matter!

Drop me a PM if you want details.pricing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SMEBusiness

axer wrote: »
    Hi all,

At present we are using a 2mb leased line in work. I want to get an accompaning fast ADSL line 7mb -> 20mb+ so as to allow regular internet browsing and downloading through that line.

Our leased line is with Eircom. Anyone got any recommendations on who I should be checking out?

We have about 30-35 users in the office.

Thanks.
    axer,
    UPC Business has a Business High Speed Broadband product with 30Mb/3Mb and 6 telephone lines for as little as €69.00.
    There is NO Line rental and we have excellent dedicated business support.
    You can go to www.upc.ie/b2b/sme to get more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

axer,
    UPC Business has a Business High Speed Broadband product with 30Mb/3Mb and 6 telephone lines for as little as €69.00.
    There is NO Line rental and we have excellent dedicated business support.
    You can go to www.upc.ie/b2b/sme to get more information.

SMEBusiness, has UPC changed the packages - that URL states that the maximum is 20Mb with 2 lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Magnet do great business broadband with no limits & no contention ratio. I've been using them for years: I even looked at changing a few times to see if there were any better deals going, and for business, there aren't IMO.
    Everyone else either caps your monthly allowance, has slower speeds, or has a contention ratio. And UPC throttles certain protocols too (torrents), so even though UPC are faster & cheaper, I don't like their policies, their customer service, or the company in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SMEBusiness

Yes, UPC Business have increased their speeds without increasing their prices. We are releasing a Business website with all new content at www.upcbusiness.ie. This is exptected to go live by the end of the month.
    Send me a PM and I will forward you on the Marketing Collateral.

Advertisement