Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

c45 tax question

• 04-02-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi everyone new to this, just trying to get a bit of info on paying tax through the c45. Im a carpenter but i only fully qualified in may. Got let go when i qualified but picked up another job that lasted from mid june til october. I had never even heard of c45 before but i was told thats the way i had to pay my tax. So i have invoiced the fella i was working for and im getting the cert or whatever im due back tomoro.
    Now im on the dole so when i go about claiming back whatever im owed from tax office will this effect what i get back?
    Also can i apply to get any of the tax back straight away?
    Any help will be very much appreciated as i have no clue about any of this kinda stuff as you may gather from my post.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

hi everyone new to this, just trying to get a bit of info on paying tax through the c45. Im a carpenter but i only fully qualified in may. Got let go when i qualified but picked up another job that lasted from mid june til october. I had never even heard of c45 before but i was told thats the way i had to pay my tax. So i have invoiced the fella i was working for and im getting the cert or whatever im due back tomoro.
    Now im on the dole so when i go about claiming back whatever im owed from tax office will this effect what i get back?
    Also can i apply to get any of the tax back straight away?
    Any help will be very much appreciated as i have no clue about any of this kinda stuff as you may gather from my post.
    thanks in advance

Job seekers benefit will effect the your tax as it is taxable except for the first €13.
    If you are getting Jobseeker's Benefit because your normal working week has been reduced (systematic short-time work) your Jobseeker's Benefit is not taxed.

Job seekers allowance is not taxable.

You will have to apply to your local tax office to get a refund of the C45 tax suffered.

Hope this helps

dbran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cantona 777

Thanks for quick reply dbran. I currently get jobseekers allowance but i didnt want to try get a refund on the tax if i was going to lose most of it.
    Stuff like this goes straight over my head so i thought it would be best to ask people that know a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

job seekers allowance is means tested.

Advertisement