Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Camera

• 04-02-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Any one know a good film camera on ebay I want somthing that will give a bit of a different look weird colours.. any advice would help..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Moved this off from the another thread, where it was likely to take things off topic.

A "Good" film camera should not give you wierd colours.

You can get effects filters & gels which will change the image. You can also try messing with chemicals in the darkroom (and then processing your film!! :D) if you want something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

buy a holga, process the film in vinegar and unicorns tears. that'll give you the look you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

rymus wrote: »
    buy a holga, process the film in vinegar and unicorns tears. that'll give you the look you're after.

The problem nowadays is finding virgins. Pretty hard to come by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

high heels wrote: »
    Any one know a good film camera on ebay I want somthing that will give a bit of a different look weird colours.. any advice would help..
    Digital camera + photoshop = what you're after

• Advertisement

I hear some dudes in Pakistan are working out how to produce better, more environmentally friendly virgins. It's only a matter of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I think Lomo have the license..

@op - Urban outfitters had some coloured 35mm film a while back that'd probably give you something like the effect you want. Don't know if they're still doing it.
    Edit: try here for Lomo film..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have a Nikon film camera with zoom lens you are welcome to. Id give it to you for a monetary gesture! :)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=36607&cat=500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Is this the type of effect you're after? http://shop.lomography.com/cameras/colorsplash-camera-chrome-edition

Seen them in Gunns in Dublin recently.

sineadw wrote: »
    I think Lomo have the license..

They'll have crappy weird looking virgins that no-one wanted up until now, and persuade people to pay 10 times the going price for them.
    There are pros and cons of course.

Pros: They'll stay virgins longer.

Cons: Crappy virgins means just one thing: crappy Unicorns. And crappy unicorns are just no good.

• Advertisement

Or you could use these films in any film camera http://macodirect.de/creative-edition-films-c-509_559.html

They'll have crappy weird looking virgins

Susan Boyle?

thefizz wrote: »
    Or you could use these films in any film camera http://macodirect.de/creative-edition-films-c-509_559.html

You know how much they charge for shipping?

fiver for a roll of 35mm? Sounds like they've applied the idiot tax a bit blatantly there.

a LOT. I think it was €20 or €25 when I ordered from them. I was getting a pile of stuff that I couldn't find anywhere else though so I just went ahead and did it. Somewhere here (forget who) has negotiated down the shipping though for some stuff.

If it's free shipping it's alright. Free processing I think? Beats the sh!t out of 10 quid on the Lomo site I linked to..

Well I usually buy a lot of stuff from them and pay around €18 carriage which works out fine. If you only want a few rolls of film, email them and ask them to send by normal post. They did this for me when I just wanted a filter.

a LOT. I think it was €20 or €25 when I ordered from them. I was getting a pile of stuff that I couldn't find anywhere else though so I just went ahead and did it. Somewhere here (forget who) has negotiated down the shipping though for some stuff.

Had a feeling. Oh well...

rymus wrote: »
    Susan Boyle?
    boyle.jpg

Yeeesh.. Jesus. Head like a dirty dunnes stores bag full of mushy scrambled cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

holgarific.jpg

Jesus Fajitas, literally laughing out loud right now!

timmay timmay timmaayyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Thread locked... If the OP needs more relevent information on the seacrh of cameras there is some useful info in the FAQ thread. As for the rest of you there'll be no kitten killing or making unicorns cry over how crappy there virgins are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement