Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know what happened in oughterard?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Saw a car was put off the road and a street lamp broken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Most likely a car crashed into a street lamp.

Either way Oughterard is thataway -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=951

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

susanroth wrote: »
    Saw a car was put off the road and a street lamp broken?

Street lamp driving without a licence gets its car put off the road.......... happens everyday in oughterard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There's one fu*king streetlight thats not on the pavement but mounted in the street so if you're parked in front of it and you look in your mirrors you see a normal lightpole but you dont see the base and you assume its mounted in the pavement...

...and then you reverse into it. I've hit it once and seriously its really easy to do, looking in your mirrors you can see it but you're brain just assumes the base to be in the pavent that you are parked paralell to, rather than in the street directly behind you.

Here's a pic, best one I could find online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Wicked zoom lens on that camera, I can even see through the bus in that picture

104485.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

car crashed..

• Advertisement
Advertisement