Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim Teachers Courses

Options
  • 04-02-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice on swim teachers courses. Have been doing a bit of research and from what I gather, there seems to be 2 Irish courses and 2 UK courses. In Ireland there are the Swim Ireland and IWS courses and in the UK there are the ASA and STA courses.
    Im just wondering - which one is the best to do? Is there any one that employers look for specfically? Are the UK ones more internationally recognised? Do any of the courses go into more depth in terms of subject matter than others? Are the UK ones taught in Ireland?
    I'm looking to do the Assistant Teachers (Level 1) course first and hopefully progress to the Full Teachers. Does anyone know when and where courses are run (Im in Cork btw)? And finally, what do they typically cost? Ive been doing google searches but not to much avail. Any info at all would be much appreciated:)

Cheers,

npj85

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

hi,

i don't know if this is much help, but i used to go on a week long swimming course at easter as a child- it was to train swimming teachers, i think they were mainly primary school teachers. it was held in queen's university swimming pool, but run by the house of sport in belfast, you could maybe contact them.

Advertisement