Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your subjects.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

RexMundi wrote: »
    Well my most difficult subject is French which I kinda need for college and since I'm a high B student in that I really cannot justify a drop to pass.

After that I don't have anything that would be a good idea to drop.

Well physics, HL Maths, Accounting and Applied Maths all work very well together, for me anyway. If you are good at maths they are all handy enough.

My only other real choice was History (Irish, English and French being necessary for college and that..) which is my favourite subject. Doesn't really have anything to do with the other subjects but if you enjoy history it is a brilliant subject. Definatley the most interesting subject!

How is doing 8 subjects working out? I know it would be a lot of work but is it manageable?

Please say no! :D I'm in 3rd year but I'm considering doing 8 subjects for the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Irish
    English
    Maths
    French
    Geography
    Music
    Physics

Just dropped to pass maths, it's almost fun.
    Honours everything else though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shesays

English
    Mathematics
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Geography
    Accounting
    Japanese

All in HL except Japanese as I'm undecided if I should go all the way to HL since I've only just picked it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I was going to do Japanese as well, even bought the textbook. But I thought to myself, I could spend tenths of hours of work studying it but I probably wll still do badly as I don't have a clue what's the level of stuff they will ask in the Oral. Good choice in subject though :D. I would recommend doing higher, since you're not relying it for points anyway so might as well go for the challenge and if you do well, it's extra points.

Good luck, I'm definitely going to continue studying it after the LC is over and hopefully do the JLPT in a couple of years time.

Edit: Also, I just noticed you have my dream subjects O_O. I don't do Irish either and I wanted to do Accounting and I regret not doing biology now.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Anybody who does japanese for their LC and does well deserves one big-ass medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

H2student wrote: »
    ...and I wanted to do Accounting

No you didn't. It's an evil, evil subject! Everyone gets into it thinking it's grand, there's very little theory, no study, only practice... No way would I have picked accounting if I knew what it was like. It takes way too much time imo. :(

Fair play to the people doing Japanese! :) I considered it myself but then I'd have way too many subjects.

I'm definitely going to continue studying it after the LC is over

Good luck! Studying Japanese gives me an excuse to watch Japanese shows without getting told off :rolleyes:. I'm dying to visit Japan so maybe in 2011 after the LC! Will definitely continue studying it in college if they offer it.
    I just noticed you have my dream subjects O_O. I don't do Irish either and I wanted to do Accounting and I regret not doing biology now.

The science and math subjects overlap each other in many different ways so it's pretty handy :D. I might drop one subject in sixth year if need calls for it, but it all depends on whether I flunk badly in any of them. We'll see, we'll see!

The only thing I hate about biology are the photos of scurvy and athlete's foot in the book. Won't be surprised if I don't recall any memory of them on the day of the exams ;).

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Anybody who does japanese for their LC and does well deserves one big-ass medal.

What can I say... I hope the big medal doesn't swoop my not-so-big ass :D.

Advertisement