Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITIL

Options
  • 04-02-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to sit the ITIL exams in Dublin? I've checked both Pearson VUE & Thompson Prometic both couldn't find it in either site.

I've seen more and more companies put this cert down on job specs and I was thinking that it couldn't hurt to study up & get at least the foundation cert.

Btw it is more of an IT Manager type cert and covers topics such as best practices for IT departments, Service Management that sort of thing, nothing really too technical as far as I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Okay I found it, it is actually down as ISEB which is the body that covers the ITIL v3 exams.

So now that I have that sorted, has anyone actually sat the foundation exam and if so how did they find it and what kind of impact (if any) did it have on your career prospects?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

I've done the Foundation Course and it was fine. It is largely common sense but you would need to be familiar with the ITIL terminology and core publications (just familiar with them, no need to read the whole thing) to pass the exam.

There are plenty of sample papers available.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

Ive done the ITIL foundation course. Was 3 day course with lots of little exercises, and a final exam.

Lots of terminology and buzz words, but apart from that its just a methodology. if you can get over all the silly acronym's and managment speak its not too difficult.

Aparently though the foundation cert only qualifies you to take further certs, and does not qualify you in any way to use ITIL in the workplace! Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Thanks for the responses lads!

I was also wondering where I could get study material for this exam? There seems to be alot of books involved and I was wondering if there was an "all-in-one" type book that I could get my hands on (or pdf I could download)?

Cheers :)

Advertisement