Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Resistance

Options
  • 04-02-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen this mentioned on boards: http://www.stargateresistance.com

Not sure what to think, art style looks off, but beggers can't be choosers after SG: The Alliance, which I was looking forward to a few years ago, was canned, this is all we got other than the SG MMORPG which I wouln't be too interested in.
    Kinda looks like Stargate Battlefront?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It looks really poor unfortunately, more like an Unreal Tournament mod more than anything else. I believe the only reason it is being released as well is to get a much needed cash injection in order to keep Stargate Worlds afloat.

Pity Stargate Alliance was never finished, it looked like it was going to be an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

3rd person shooters >.<

there was some crowd making a full HL2 conversion mod for stargate which looked pretty promising, The Last Stand i think it was called, gonna go check up on that...

edit: looks like its finished/dead =[

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was in the Beta last weekend. It ran for just the two days. There was only one map available.
    It's ok, not great. Primarily a third person shooter but you can switch to first person view. It only seemed to have one mode running, similar to TF2's data capture mode.
    There are different classes but the thing is, that due to the fact that one side is G'ould and the other is human, the classes differer a little.

There were a few noticeable bugs including a blueish hue on th graphics that I couldn't seem to get rid of in the options.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks a bit weak to be honest, like a half-arsed mod that cobbled one release before disbanding because it was back-to-school time.

It's odd that Stargate has never garnered much in the way of games; although it's not my cup of tea, it seems to have a rich enough mythology & the TV show geeky enough (hell, the stargate & planets are like game levels anyway), that it would be a good fit for some kind of RPG.
    Maybe it's because Stargate never seemed to make the leap into the mainstream consciousness & pop culture that it was viable as a game franchise

A shooter seems like a total waste of the licence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'd love a mass effect type of stargate! There are so many mods being made and not finished though... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was hoping this would be a proper game with a storyline. From the trailer I realised it was just some multiplayer Unreal Tournament type game with SG-1 themed levels and skins. Very dissapointed. 'Stargate: The Aliance' or whatever it was called did look immense!

Ah well back to waiting for SGU to return :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Looks like Cheyene Mountain Entertainment has sold off their rights to the game to fight off their piling amounts of debt. The take? All of $100k. Their actual debt being way, way more than that. At least 20x more.

Good luck getting Stargate Worlds. All projects are dead in the water.

http://news.google.com/news/more?q=stargate&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dASh_koJEq15XoMogm4aA-h9DXh9M&ei=lgG4S5vhAom09gTiscXqAw&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=6&ved=0CGwQqgIoADAF
    A post on the Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment website has revealed details of the company's financial situation, following the recent news that the company filed for chapter 11 bankcrupcy.

Information in the post, which was addressed to CME investors, show that the company has debts of up to $2 million USD. However, a further $10.1 million USD may be payable to claimants through five outstanding complaints where both CME and CMG (Cheyenne Mountain Gaming) have been named.

On top of this dire news, the company still owes $1.1 million USD in wages to its staff, all of whom have been laid off now, meaning that no development is taking place.

Sad news for those who were looking forward to the MMO, Stargate Worlds, which has been in development for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

It's gonna be another Duke Nukem' :D 10 Year wait for a game! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not really fused any more about Stargate Worlds, was more interested in Stargate: Alliance before it was cancelled.

Still, it is a shame there's no proper Stargate game considering it has such a rich source material to draw from.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seen better SG mods tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement