Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADM: Arts, Design and Mixed Media Course

• 04-02-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I'm in sixth year and applying for this course. I understand that a portfolio is necessary to apply. My question is: Is the expectation high for the portfolio? And for those who are already doing the course: any tips for the interview? Iw ould really like to do this course :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

The expectations aren't too bad. I went for a late interview last year for ADT and my portfolio wasn't really impressive and I still got in. They do like to see diversity in your drawing, use of different media, some good life drawing skills, interesting compositions, and a bit of photography can't hurt either! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Go along to the Open Day next Wednesday and ask the tutors there directly on Portfolio Options.

There will be some open classes where you can join in and add to your portfolio.

Make your Portfolio easy to look at - I know this sounds a bit simple, but it infuriates examiners when they have to flip/turn back to front and upside down pages. Make it presentable and readable.

Show a progression in your portfolio - from what you were like but what you have become over the learning process - from okay to good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lynkx

Merbhp wrote: »
    Go along to the Open Day next Wednesday and ask the tutors there directly on Portfolio Options.

There will be some open classes where you can join in and add to your portfolio.

Make your Portfolio easy to look at - I know this sounds a bit simple, but it infuriates examiners when they have to flip/turn back to front and upside down pages. Make it presentable and readable.

Show a progression in your portfolio - from what you were like but what you have become over the learning process - from okay to good.

Thanks dude, that sounds like really legit advice. Only problem is I'm doing my mocks on Wednesday the 13th, if that's what date you're talking about?

Hi Lynkx,

The Open Day in BCFE is actually on this Wednesday 10 Feb - hope you could make it,

Mer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lynkx

Merbhp wrote: »
    Hi Lynkx,

The Open Day in BCFE is actually on this Wednesday 10 Feb - hope you could make it,

Mer
    Cool, thanks, do you know what time exactly? 'Cos my Art Composition exam ends at 11:30, I was wondering if I could still make it if I'm out at that time.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

It goes on all day - give the Art Block secretary a call on 01-6239428 and ask can you come along after you've finished your exam.

See can you get into Paula Jane's Life Class - she's the best Life Drawing instructor you will ever come across and it'll be a great experience. She'll also help you out no end with your portfolio.

The fact that you went to the Open Day will also go down well at the interview.

Best of Luck - Mer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

What about Finton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DannyM92

hey ppl i applied at bcfe 4 ads and went to the interview and they said they'll send out a letter does anyone know when? and they said they'll score me up for ads? does that mean i might get in? thanks:D

Advertisement