Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are their any girls going to Canada on their own

• 04-02-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I have applied for the under 35 work canada programme. I am a 22 year old female and am travelling on my own as my friend pulled out, is their any other feamale in my suituation as i am a bit concerned on travelling on my own, I am expected to get my visa around april and I am travelling to Toronto the start of May but my dates are flexible. I would be delighted to hear from any girls that are going to Canada around that time.:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I wish i were, but nope.
    However, last year I went to Canada on my own for the year [as a 23yr old female] and it was amaaaazing, and i didn't once regret going alone -I actually realllly didn't want to be one of those people who goes over with loads of Irish, because I wanted to really meet new people.
    So i'm sure you'll be able to find other people heading over who you can join, but if not don't worry, canadians are great and i'd say you'd settle in great and make friends so long as you just go out and do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Canada is a lot safer than Ireland. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Hiya Christina,

It's probably no use to you, but myself and a few friends will be heading over to Toronto a few months after you - in mid August.

You'll probably be settled by then, but feel free to PM me if you want contact details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hi everyone,
    I have applied for the under 35 work canada programme. I am a 22 year old female and am travelling on my own as my friend pulled out, is their any other feamale in my suituation as i am a bit concerned on travelling on my own, I am expected to get my visa around april and I am travelling to Toronto the start of May but my dates are flexible. I would be delighted to hear from any girls that are going to Canada around that time.:):)

Hi I travelled on my own for two years meet a lot more people and had an ace time...being honest from what i've seen with my own friends, when they travelled togeather there where arguements.... On your own you can bum along with people and meet new people its much more fun......
    enjoy it and go snowboarding:D

Advertisement