Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Rathmines

Options
  • 04-02-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

The last thread on this was in 2006 so hoping someone can help me! Heading to Rathmines tomorrow and wondering where the best place for parking might be. I presume there is no free parking in the area of the Upper Rathmines road, if there is where would I find it? Considering parking in the Swan Centre, would anyone know how much it would cost to park for a day there?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭vikingdub

There is a car park behind Tesco opposite the Post Office, it is the cheapest in Rathimines, only €1 per hour but there is a limit on how long you can park there. If you spend €30 or more in Tesco you will get your parking charge deducted from the bill.

There is also lots of on street pay parking.

Do not park outside Aldi, I only realised that it was a loading bay when I got the ticket in the post. They don't put them on the car any more, you only realise that you have a ticket when you receive the demand in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Thanks for the response. Someone said to park in the church in Rathmines so might have a look at that. I'd be around for about 5 hours so I'd say I wouldn't get away with Tesco parking. On street might be an option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Guell72

If you are in early enough there are free parking spots down on Sth Richmond street. Just park up on the footpath in front of what used to be the georgian restaurant - across the road from the portobello pub.
    Or on the portobello side on the footpath just past the fish shop.
    I use them all the time when im up that way. You need to be there about 7:30am though or they'll be taken.
    The cops must think its business owners cars and never touch them when you park there. Have a look if you are passing.
    Maybe i shouldnt have let out the last free parking spaces in Dublin :D
    You'll be doing well to be there earlier than me though when im in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Cheers, will have a look tomorrow morning. I'll be there at around quarter to eight so might snag a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭vikingdub

If you are going to upper Rathmines, South Richmond Street is a good 15 minute walk, would't chance the church I heard recently that they have started clamping.

Most roads in the area are Pay and Display as a result of residents requests to Dublin City Council, it got so bad that people could not park their cars on the roads they lived on. The residents welcome the clampers with open arms!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement