Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 4: Combined Arms [Mod]

Options
  • 04-02-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just a note first. My usual account on Boards.ie is/was RabidDog, but I haven't access to the e-mail address I created it with and haven't sorted that out yet. Not that it matters really, but you never know.

Also a disclaimer: Most of the ideas I'm using for this mod have been used in numerous other places, so please no posts pointing out that feature x is from game y. I'm just hoping to do something interesting, balanced and, perhaps, fun.

Combined Arms is based on four roles, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Special Ops.

Teams are split up into squads, from one to four containing one to six people each.

Each role gives an aura, which gives perks to your squadmates.

At the moment, these are being tweaked and tested, some will be removed and others added. At the moment they are:

Assault: Bullet damage, accuracy and longer sprint.

Engineer: Increased bullet penetration, increased explosive damage and the ability to see enemy explosives.

Medic: Armor (currently 50% damage reduction) and the chance to be revived (When you are killed you fall to the ground, like last stand but with no weapon. Any passing medic can then revive you. You can also choose to die.).

Special Ops: Faster reload and increased firing speed for guns.

Each role also has active abilities. The only one fleshed out at the moment is the Engineer.

The Engineer can build an Uplink for his team (only one at a time is allowed). This is a laptop which is placed on the map. When created an Uplink (Signal) Strength indicator is added to each of the team's hud. The strength increases as long as the Uplink isn't destroyed.

The Uplink Strength has an effect on two things, the off-map support (UAV, Airstrike etc) and the team's auras (these become stronger or have more effects as the Uplink Strength increases, there is a max strength of course).

Off-map support is no longer given for kill streaks and instead must be bought using Honour (in game cash) which you earn for kills and completing objectives. To do this you go within range of the Uplink and open the Uplink Menu (an indicator shows on your screen).

Honour is also used to buy weapons and other items (there is no ranking, it's not actually possible or at least I haven't found a way to).

The Engineer can also place a Supply Crate, from which players can buy demolitions (RPG, AT4, Claymore, C4, Grenades and ammo) and Machine Guns (both of these last a limited time).

I'm hoping to have the beta ready this weekend.

That's all for now, I'll post more info later.

Screenshots:

class_role.jpg

class_squad.jpg

squad_aura.jpg

qme1.jpg

qme2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Faerdan

I've added the players current honour to the top of the Action Menu to make things clearer.

I'm open to all comments and suggestions, whatever makes it a better mod.

qmhonour.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Faerdan

The Item Placement system is now in place, items can only been seen by the planter until they accept the placement position.

Here is the system with the Machine Gun:

mgp1.jpg
    mgp2.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sounds good. a bit worried about unbalanced classes with that though :)

Advertisement