Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access

Options
  • 04-02-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm assuming this is the wrong place to ask ( mod's move if needed ) but i cant find the right one..

Im looking to go from limited/basic knowledge of Ms Access to pretty much knowing the lot and fast enough!. Is there any tutorials etc that i could get?

Also in the Visual Basic part would it be unreasonable for me to think i could learn that language without much programming/development experience.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Those X for Dummies books are actually pretty good, it should help you with MS Access! Visual Basic is probably one of the easiest languages to learn (imo) but you would need to understand the logic behind programming itself. If you really really are interested in doing this it can come to you pretty easily. One of the best places to find books like this are in college libraries as they tend to be aimed people just starting out. Of course unfortunately you cannot use the computers (unless you're a student!) and you can't bring home the books. But you can go in and have a read of a few and if there's one you really like then you can go out and buy it! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.. I never even thought about those for dummy's books..

Yeah I'm fairly interested in this side of things.. I seem to pick up things like this fairly easily.. for example in work with no training i suddenly became the go to guy for anything excel by just messing around with all its functions etc..

Anyway thanks again will give that a go

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I seem to pick up things like this fairly easily.. for example in work with no training i suddenly became the go to go for anything excel by just messing around with all its functions etc..

A great way to learn things - I taught myself Excel and Access through having personal projects that needed good spreadsheets or databases to make my life easier. Stick with it!

Advertisement