Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 to play Aviva Stadium???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Read it in the paper this morning and it was also on TV3

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15296.0

heard this on 2 fm today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

will be getting me a ticket!! that'll be croker, wembley, san fran and aviva (landsdown as i prefer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

This would be epic! Obv they'd be the first band to play there. Any dates mentioned?

nothing yet, I've a contact very very deep inside u2 so i'll see what i can get, although he would actually have to go and find out as its so irrelevant to him and the guys he's with...
    although my guess is about the 15th of october (give or take a few days) as they play rome on the 8th, they're constantly adding extra dates to destinations already announced, so this may push it forward a bit eg they just announced an extra date for zurich the other day. I'll see what I can get though

edit: I reckon it would only be one, maybe 2 nights, not the 3 they normally do in dublin as the residents around lansdown road are fairly fussy about concerts (nothing personel, just a known fact), which is a major shame, I'll be at all the gigs they do here hopefully!!

That would be epic...Croker last summer was the best concert I've been at (well, Paul McCartney is tying with them...)

Tix would be gold dust though...even more so than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

just saw the actual announcement on expose and they said that "they have signed on the dotted line to do a gig there in the summer time to end their world tour"

Now I don't call october the summer and they aint ending the tour in the summer, so that announcement is a bit fishy, I don't really doubt that its true but I think all we can take from it is that they are going to end in lansdown, nothing like the amount of gigs (expose's wording claim only one) etc could be taken from that.

@misty floyd

just saw that, well deserved i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

What a lovely discovery on a bright Sunday morning! :) Tickets will be like gold dust so thank God for U2.com member presales!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

alexlyons wrote: »
    nothing yet, I've a contact very very deep inside u2 so i'll see what i can get, although he would actually have to go and find out as its so irrelevant to him and the guys he's with...
    although my guess is about the 15th of october (give or take a few days) as they play rome on the 8th, they're constantly adding extra dates to destinations already announced, so this may push it forward a bit eg they just announced an extra date for zurich the other day. I'll see what I can get though

edit: I reckon it would only be one, maybe 2 nights, not the 3 they normally do in dublin as the residents around lansdown road are fairly fussy about concerts (nothing personel, just a known fact), which is a major shame, I'll be at all the gigs they do here hopefully!!

How deep ?

• Advertisement

sorry, my last post had to be removed so it could no longer be seen at the request of certain parties outside boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

sorry, my last post had to be removed so it could no longer be seen at the request of certain parties outside boards.

I have seen ur post that was removed and cant make out why it would be removed.

new you'd see it, not trying to hide it. PM'd you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

@misty floyd

just saw that, well deserved i must say

I deleted it myself. Very childish, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well it wont be the end of the tour by any means, it will go into 2011. also with the rumours of a new album coming in the summer, it wouldnt surprise me to see a few extra dates...

well it wont be the end of the tour by any means, it will go into 2011.

says who?

says who?

well i'm fairly sure the tour will be going to aus and s.america as i've spoken to a few on it...

well i'm fairly sure the tour will be going to aus and s.america as i've spoken to a few on it...

Good poin, I'd forgotten about down under!! AFAIK they were looking into renting two of the largest cargo planes in the world from the Russian military to fly all the gear down as shipping was to risky/time consuming. The planes are massive!!!

they're only taking one stage to aus and by boat from what i have heard, things may have changed though...

they're only taking one stage to aus and by boat from what i have heard, things may have changed though...

the whole idea of the 3 stages is so they can leap frog, from what I've heard it'l be at least 2 so they can do just that. Oz is pretty far away in terms of popping home for a few days between gigs, or whatever else they want to do, so I'd reckon they'd get in and get out, only one stage would have to leave at least a week between gigs with building, dismantling and transport, simply not the way this crowd work. The extra expensive of bringing a second or even a 3rd would be so beneficial to them, and cost just isn't a barrier with these boys!

• Advertisement

yup but the crew have a few days off there waiting for the stage to arrive and then cross the country too afaik. they wouldnt be waiting for it if they had two. but i am not sure as things may have changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Read the other day that its not happening..... Cant remember where though

mooeire wrote: »
    Read the other day that its not happening..... Cant remember where though

you'll need a serious reference to slam all our hopes!! i'll have to further my investigation also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

From U2.Com

ALL EUROPE SHOWS ANNOUNCED FOR 2010

09 February 2010
    In case you're wondering, all of U2's 2010 European shows are now announced.

The tour will visit Russia, Turkey, Greece and Finland among others places, as per www.u2.com/tours http://www.u2.com/tours.

But U2 Tour Promoter Arthur Fogel has urged fans to be aware. 'Fans should always check U2.com first, it's the most reliable on any dates. Recent rumours, like Dublin and Tel Aviv, are unfounded.'

Ah well...... Always next year....... or if recent tour gaps are anything to go by it will be 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

My mam told me today that Michael Buble was supposed to play there, but that U2 wanted to be the first band to play there...that's hardly true though.

I've heard the Michael Buble rumours too. We will find out in due course I suppose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wouldnt mind seeing Buble. Wasnt it the same with Muse at Wembley they were the first band to play but George Micheal was the 1st person to play

I wouldn't go and see Buble. Although I like 'Home' I'm sick to death of his latest song thanks to the over enthusiastic airplay on 2FM. Am so happy to be on a weeks holidays from work this week and not having to listen to 2FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

should something not be done about TV3 making announcements like these, same with RTE and their announcement that Green Day would be headlining Slane this year.......
    they are just publicising rumours rather than even checking to see if there's substance to them first......

TV3 announced that U2 would be playing the Aviva Stadium and that the contract was signed, also a few days later they announced that Buble would be playing and again the deal was done - now maybe these deals have been signed, and they are just ahead of the game - but it's not normal for newspapers or TV stations to get the jump on Ticket sellers, bands and promoters in announcing events......I'm always very dubious of stuff like this when nothing appears on either the promoters website nor the bands........it is kind of annoying though.....it's not like the U2 rumour was new either, they've been slated to be the first band in the new stadium since construction began....

Advertisement