Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBRebooted Advice Thread

Options

Comments

Any model can be Jtaged, it all comes down to your dashboard version.
    8Xxx and above is a no go.

Since july new 360s have the latest dash, older 360s that have connected to live or played recent games will also have taken the update to 8xxx dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You can get lucky with July models, like I did.

Soon I will investigate if my August '09 refurb has the new first bootloader, which is what will prevent me jtagging it (it is 2.0.7371.0, which should be jtaggable).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

anyone seen jtagable new jaspers in shops? or at least falcon? zephyr?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd well say they are out there but the problem is none of the shops leave the console boxes out

Tesco are a surprisingly good bet, only recently they were selling premium 20gb console in the UK

Peruse their selection. Any shop worth your money will let you have a gander at their supplies, or will at least search for one with a manufacturing date if you ask specifically for it.

• Advertisement

I've checked Gamestop in Bray and in Swords - Both have Aug'09. Next stop - Tesco - Malahide Rd!

That is a monster tesco! You dont see ones that big out in the sticks :)

Although my Dad reckons Tesco Maynooth is bigger, and he'd know his stuff :P

Tesco Maynooth is simply massive, it was too far out of the way for this lazy student though :p

I would have though that shops with small turnovers (i.e local electronic stores stocking 360s as a convenience) could be the best bet.

Tesco Maynooth is simply massive, it was too far out of the way for this lazy student though :p

next week TV, next week :P

I guess tesco buy an absolute shed load at a discount

A firend of mine bought a 360 around when the lite-on came out first in xtravision and it had a lite-on in it, brought it back and went to tesco and got one that didnt even have HDMI (so was at least 6-7 months out of date)

And as i said, they were selling 20gb premiums only about a month ago in the UK

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    I've checked Gamestop in Bray and in Swords - Both have Aug'09. Next stop - Tesco - Malahide Rd!

A mate of mine bought a arcade from tesco clare hall around Christmas with a manufacturing date of 08/09/08.

So i would think its a good place to check.

cisk wrote: »
    A mate of mine bought a arcade from tesco clare hall around Christmas with a manufacturing date of 08/09/08.

So i would think its a good place to check.

I've been there today, didn't have much time. There was no one at the stand, but seems that they're still selling pacman bundle (2007)???

I will be back (there).

I think it is a good place to check, also found a seller in Poland who has a brand new RE5 bundles, which are defo good jaspers (something around 260e).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've been there today, didn't have much time. There was no one at the stand, but seems that they're still selling pacman bundle (2007)???

I will be back (there).

I think it is a good place to check, also found a seller in Poland who has a brand new RE5 bundles, which are defo good jaspers (something around 260e).

Plural? Links? :p

here you go

but please, please, PLEASE do not use anything like google translate. our languages are so different in construction, grammar etc (you can see this sometimes in my posts :P).

the price is in polish zloty (1,089) which comes to around 280e. Expensive but at least for sure.

€280 sure is expensive for a JTAG, especially when there isn't a lot of homebrew to justify that cost.

€280 sure is expensive for a JTAG, especially when there isn't a lot of homebrew to justify that cost.

...yet

I'd love to find jtagable jasper arcade in IE though

I will be back (there).

Yep actually it was a pacman one, Mite grab one myself. Would like a jasper Jtag indeed.

...yet

I'd love to find jtagable jasper arcade in IE though

I'll check shops down here for you guys (and me :p) over the next few days. And yes, I'll agree with you on the "yet" ... ;)

race for the jtagable consoles began :)

so many questions on adverts about kernels, "was it ever connected to live", what was the most recent game you played ....

just like the old times when there was no fw for lite-ons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll check shops down here for you guys (and me :p) over the next few days. And yes, I'll agree with you on the "yet" ... ;)

Please do TV...if you see a jasper fit for ripping apart and sticking wires into - count me in :D

• Advertisement

There was 1 Jasper arcade left in Tesco Longford today but I just spent €200 on it ...I hate this newfound expensive hobby :P

April 2009 manufacturing date though, so WIN!

*Edit* I know the guys who work in there so I'll ask them when they're next delivery is due and check again for more Jaspers *crosses fingers*

€200? Argos are selling arcades for €129, shame there is no way of checking them, you know how argos works. Get a tickets and wait crap lol.

Tescos do seem the best bet, they prob have hundreds of 360s in there warehouses for some time before they get more from MS.

There was 1 Jasper arcade left in Tesco Longford today but I just spent €200 on it ...I hate this newfound expensive hobby :P

April 2009 manufacturing date though, so WIN!

*Edit* I know the guys who work in there so I'll ask them when they're next delivery is due and check again for more Jaspers *crosses fingers*

what was bundled with it? any games?

what was bundled with it? any games?

Bundled with a controller and Sega Superstars Tennis. Lot 0915.

@cisk: Oh I know there's a price difference all right, I'll sort it out ;)

Argos down here only have the September '09 Jasper which is obviously no good

@docentore: Edited the above post, I initially told you the wrong game in the bundle (I didn't have the box at the time).

Thanks TV,

I went to Tesco in Maynooth, they had xbox with Sega on shelf, asked them if it is the same that they have for sale. I got one, 199 but it is Jasper from April.

Going to mod it tonight, also I'll to take off the xclamps, I will write down temps before and after my cooling mods.

So anyone looking for jtagable new jasper: go to your nearest Tesco extra and ask for Xbox Arcade deal, you should be looking for Sega Superstar Tennis deal.

I know its Jtaggable buts its fupping criminal price to charge for an arcade!

I bought a 250gb elite with a second controller and Forza 3 for €240 off amazon two weeks back!

I know its Jtaggable buts its fupping criminal price to charge for an arcade!

I bought a 250gb elite with a second controller and Forza 3 for €240 off amazon two weeks back!

Yep, I know. Shocked at the price difference is an understatement...

I think the price is main factor why we can still buy jtagable consoles in tesco.

@TV: did you mod your jasper yet? Im in the middle of flashing it now, but there is something strange here. On the box it says that it has 256mb, nandpro says 512mb.

• Advertisement

I think the price is main factor why we can still buy jtagable consoles in tesco.

@TV: did you mod your jasper yet? Im in the middle of flashing it now, but there is something strange here. On the box it says that it has 256mb, nandpro says 512mb.

I've not touched my Jasper yet docentore, it's still in it's wrapper. More pressing things like moving house :D

That said, the 256mb on the box shouldn't be used as an indicator of the size of the nand. Otherwise my old console could claim 16MB on it's box even though I can't write squat to it myself. There is 256MB of available storage space on the nand for savegames, profiles etc - that's what the box is referring to. The other space is for the dashboard and other system xex's so 512MB sounds correct.

Starting to wish I had a USB nand reader now tbh :p

Advertisement