Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month tattoo.

Options
  • 04-02-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

I've been annoying the shíte out of my Ma for the past year to let me get a tattoo for my 16th birthday. She's fairly against tattoos, because of the whole permament thing.:p
    She said that she saw 6-month tattoos on Xposé or some shíte like that and that they're fairly new on the market, anyone know anything about these?

PS, she could have got the whole thing completely arseways so apologies if she did.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well you can't get a tattoo until you're 18 either way but..

never heard of this..henna ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SV wrote: »
    Well you can't get a tattoo until you're 18 either way but..

never heard of this..henna ?

Yes, I know.

Yeah I have. But When I said that to her she said no, it's called something else.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yes, I know.

Yeah I have. But When I said that to her she said no, it's called something else.

I've done a quick google there and all it's throwing up is myths about these 6 month tattoos even existing..

No idea, hopefully someone here can give some advice?

If I was you though I'd just think about what you want and get it when you're 18..trust me, the wait is well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SV wrote: »
    I've done a quick google there and all it's throwing up is myths about these 6 month tattoos even existing..

No idea, hopefully someone here can give some advice?

If I was you though I'd just think about what you want and get it when you're 18..trust me, the wait is well worth it.

Think I might just wait to get the real thing, give me more time to perfect my ideas.;)

Think I might just wait to get the real thing, give me more time to perfect my ideas.;)

exactly, you know it's the right choice..
    life is a long time ya know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thought you could get a tattoo @ 17 with parents consent? Or is it just different at different places?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No, it's 18 across the board and any studio/artist willing to do anyone under 18 should be avoided really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Well tbh I got tattooed at 17 with parents consent in a good shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Defiantly the right thing to do. Got my first tattoo at like 15/16 and recently got it covered up:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

could she be talking about those stupid spray paint stencils...

you know the ones that are like a mini version of a spray kit you'd use for the car or the house, the ink goes in the bottom and the gas pulls it through and you place the stencil on your body and spray it..

load of bs*** really,
    i know a kid (8) that got it and it blatently says on the box they last for 3 days..
    thats if you dont move.. at all, otherwise they last about an hour and you look like a twat walking around with cracked paint all over the place!

luck enough the gas doesnt last too long either...
    so it was fired in the bin pretty quickly!

id say wait though, its better to have a piece you want on your brain for the 2 years and still love it than get something done at 16/17 and regerett it a few years down the line...

plus when you get the first they get addictive and your constantly wanting more, i guess thats why your mam wants you to wait,

mine was really cool about it, i got my first tattoo 2 days after my 18 birthday and she came with me, then the following day she got hers done.

and no were not freaks,
    im a girl also and my mam was 35 when she got hers not a wrinkely oul1!!! ha
    now that i think of it... i was kinda being used as a guinea pig..
    she insisted on me going first... to 'test the water' .. thanks mam! ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

No, it's 18 across the board and any studio/artist willing to do anyone under 18 should be avoided really.

Not true. I know plenty of people who have been tattooed when they were under 18 in some of the best shops in town.

Advertisement